The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just quit my fast food job...

DougRMR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 19, 2019
What's up, guys? Name's Doug, 22 years old. Read the books about a year ago, just now decided to take it seriously.

So I recently quit my Popeyes job (two weeks ago) and am currently working weekends and studying online courses during the week. IT was the best thing I could've done. I couldn't stand to have all of my days cut in half frying chicken, getting burned by the oil, getting yelled at and coming home exhausted.

My first free week I took it slow. Studied here and there, got on top of my sleep (working two jobs, studying, and music can really mess up your sleep cycle lol) and got on top of my diet.

Now that I'm more clear-headed and more relaxed, I'm actually paradoxically nervous. I've never done something like this before and quite honestly, I didn't know where to even start until a few days ago when I found Lex DEville's threads on Upwork and Copywriting. I currently have about $2,500 to my name and also don't know where to even begin to invest.

However, my heart is 100% into this. I don't know where I'll end up but it sure as hell is a million times better than frying chicken.

Now, I've tried a lot of things to study. Programming, Languages, Web Design and now I'm starting to get into copywriting. I'm gonna commit to this last one fully, though, since I don't wanna pussyfoot this anymore and out of all the ones I've "done"(haven't gotten any jobs but have been taking courses) it's the most intellectually stimulating to me.

So in all brutal honesty: I'm scared, haven't made a dime outside of my jobs and am pretty intimidated by the mountain before me... But I haven't been this excited in a long time. Just wanted to say hello to all you guys and hope for the best!

Current goal: make some $$ on my own time to fuel my business (whatever that may be) in the future. Any opinions/tips are 100% appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congrats on the big move.

Just take one step at a time, learn how to earn your first $50 before the first $5000.

Also there's no harm in having a job while you're working your grind. Perhaps not as bad as Popeyes, but maybe something there's something else that isn't so bad.

WizardUser

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Apr 6, 2019
Hello Doug, I'm glad about the actions you are taking to reach your goal of making money on your own. I personally choose to drop out of college at the age of 18 and quit my Sh*t job at customer service to focus my mind on taking the entrepreneurship journey more seriously. Meanwhile, that is completely uncalled for (I don't recommend anyone to drop out of college to become the next Steve Job Innovator.) It gives you the sense to strive for freedom. But anyway, the good thing about the time we're living in is the internet enabling us to communicate with one person or many at once. Because of this, I thought the best way for me to start reaching out to folks is by developing a website on my own by watching YouTube Videos. (You can learn great skills on youtube tutorials and sell your skills to another person.) I brought a Domain and an SSL certificate to secure my website. From there I choose a topic to focus on which was entrepreneurship in general. (Giving people ways to make money is my website motive to help out other people.) Gaining traffic & avoiding a bounce rate above 50% is the challenging part. Other than that, It's an interesting project I'm working on and is something you can build on your own and make money on the side through advertisements. That's all I wanted to share. Good luck on your journey Doug!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...