The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

June 21 - Jumped into the Fastlane

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

NickClutch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 19, 2017
Aloha, OR
Hey fellow Fastlaners - this is an accountability thread. Any comments, criticism, support, and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Based upon my skill set, I am going to dive in with copywriting.

Goals for tomorrow:
1. Devour anything I can get my hands on about copywriting, starting with:

Read more of: GOLD - The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread

and

GOLD - 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less

2. Do immediately after this thread: order "The Boron Letters."

3. Dedicate to a morning routine of gratitude and taking action.

Long Term Reminders:
Display genuine love and compassion for all those around me - feel their happiness and sorrow, more of THEM less of me. Free them from their pain.

Execute Everyday - Just Do It!

NE(C)ST // CENTS - Control, Entry, Need, Time, Scale.

Make it all, then give it away, generosity begets generosity.

The only true failure is not trying at all. If you try and fail, you learned something - and that should be a win.

Nick - 6/21/2017

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Good luck, this is the right place.

Where are you going to find your clients?

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
One thing I would recommend as you enter the world of copywriting... Your goal is to become your own best client.

Too many people go into copywriting and just end up changing the way they trade time for money.

Smart copywriters create their own products and then write the sales copy for that. I'm not talking about "How to be a Copywriter" courses, I mean, enter a niche, create a product and then write your own copy to sell that.

You'll learn way more and you'll be building your own businesses at the same time.

NickClutch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 19, 2017
Aloha, OR
Good luck, this is the right place.

Where are you going to find your clients?

@MarekvBeek, I am going to begin getting clients from UpWork. Do you have any other suggestions?
Sean's post was spot on about creating my own products, as that is my ultimate goal. During the process, copywriting seems like a strong place to dig in and get to work.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NickClutch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 19, 2017
Aloha, OR
Too many people go into copywriting and just end up changing the way they trade time for money.

Smart copywriters create their own products and then write the sales copy for that. I'm not talking about "How to be a Copywriter" courses, I mean, enter a niche, create a product and then write your own copy to sell that.

You'll learn way more and you'll be building your own businesses at the same time.

@Sean Kaye - thank you for this post. A strong reminder of a central idea of the fastlane - to stop trading time for money. I love the idea about learning copywriting and building out a business at the same time. I am working on a project with some partners now and will apply that to the project - great idea!

Eventually, I want to create online courses and offer coaching as well, to work toward a more passive and scalable approach. I am going through @SinisterLex posts and YouTube videos about copywriting now. Do you have any other recommendations you wish to share?

Thank you for your time and generosity,

Nick

NickClutch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 19, 2017
Aloha, OR
Good morning everyone:

Today I will use Sean Kaye's advice and start writing copy for the project I'm working on using SinisterLex's ideas.

Thanks for the inspiration, Fastlane!

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
@MarekvBeek, I am going to begin getting clients from UpWork. Do you have any other suggestions?
Sean's post was spot on about creating my own products, as that is my ultimate goal. During the process, copywriting seems like a strong place to dig in and get to work.

Thoughts?

Yes Sean is very right about that.

You learn how to copywrite by just doing it. Over and over again, until you can't take it anymore.

My two suggestions are:
  1. Deliver great work (word of mouth is very powerful)
  2. Talk to anybody about what you can do for other people

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.