• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Joining the Army to get my sh*t straight

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Spicymemer45, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Spicymemer45

Spicymemer45 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $47
    A big thank you to the Fastlane that has given me insight into breaking the capitalist chains and turning them into tools for me to be financially free.

My execution and discipline are underdeveloped, in my own sense. I joined the Army a few days ago mostly for personal reasons also to develop my concentration, willpower, and discipline.

Just something I need to do as my own man, or I'll never be satisfied, I leave for Georgia the 26th

Much love- G​

AllanB, Kak, jmorales8191 and 30 others like this.
  2. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $51,678
    Congrats!

Your progress thread was one of the better ones from younger guys in terms of mindset and taking action.

I wish you the best in the army, and am looking forward to your progress threads after you get out disciplined, in shape, and ready to conquer the world.

Best of luck @Spicymemer45

Scot, RobD88, MarekvBeek and 8 others like this.
  3. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $9,853
    Going to miss your around here. Good luck!

Scot, UnrealCreative, cmor16 and 3 others like this.
  4. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $36,643
    Hate to see ya go, but I'm happy for you.

Good luck dude!

Scot, UnrealCreative, cmor16 and 3 others like this.
  5. evlttwin

evlttwin It's A Long Way To The Top.... Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,357
    Good luck. Which MOS did you choose?

6. Spicymemer45

Rep Bank:
    $47
    11X

Infantry with an Option 40 Contract

Benning ---> Airborne ---> Ranger School ---> Bad Knees

jmorales8191, Scot, Daniel A and 9 others like this.
  7. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,271
    Sounds exciting, yet intimidating....
    I'm going to say that a soldier's work is more challenging than an entrepreneur's.

To excel in the army would mean that you CAN kill it in business, should you choose to continue it later on.

Best wishes, and all the best!

RobD88, Daniel A, Xeon and 3 others like this.
  8. cmor16

cmor16 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,850
    BOL to you. Looking forward to hearing from you once you get what you're after.

I can't get the vision of Steve Buscemi in the Army out of my head though.

9. evlttwin

evlttwin It's A Long Way To The Top.... Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,357

When you complete all of that, you must change your AV to:

[​IMG]

I was Army from 95-00. Ft Drum, NY is literally hell frozen over.

10. Spicymemer45

Rep Bank:
    $47
    f*ckING GENIOUS

MidwestLandlord, ZF Lee and evlttwin like this.
  11. OlivierMo

OlivierMo Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $422
    Thanks for your service and sacrifice!!

ZF Lee and Spicymemer45 like this.
  12. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 I’m probably awake. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,744
    Good luck, and God speed.

13. InspireHD

InspireHD Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,249
    That's some serious commitment right there. I was 11B in the National Guard. Did my basic and AIT in Benning. It will be nice toward the end as the weather will be getting warmer before it gets stupid hot.

Initial processing at the 30th AG is a nightmare. I still have flashbacks and it has been almost 18 years now.

Good luck to you. It's really not that bad. Peanut butter and jelly on pancakes or waffles will be your favorite meal when you can get it.

14. loop101

loop101 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $61
    There are a lot of potential advantages to being in the military, GI Bill, security clearances, special learning programs, etc. Take advantage of as many as you can. If you like their toys, get as much training as you can with the more expensive ones that civilians will never see, helicopters, planes, trucks, tanks, explosives, etc. It is sad when people go in with zero plans to take advantage of all the programs available. A Fastlane approach would be to look for things you can patent and license to Defense Contractors. I use to know a guy who was in special forces, and was always asking me what was possible with AI stuff, and then was doing something product related that he could not tell me about. Even though you wont earn much cash (not counting enlistment bonuses), you will be surrounded by the most expensive toys in the world.

15. DavidJLeys

DavidJLeys New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $99
    This is so true. I missed a ton of opportunities when I was in. It didn't really hit me until it was too late. There are a lot of programs to be taken advantage of.

16. Daniel A

Daniel A DIESEL Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,785
    Respect. Please update your progress from time to time and take care of yourself. I'm confident this next stage in your life will set a solid foundation for your future.

DavidJLeys and Spicymemer45 like this.
  17. mike24601

mike24601 Consumption Bear Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,844
    @Spicymemer45, I wish you well on your new journey in life. I was once in your exact same shoes, and chose another armed services branch. It was all worth it. The next few years will be extremely challenging, but you will reap rewards for the rest of your life. Keep out of trouble, pick your friends wisely, always choose the decent, courageous and righteous path. But most importantly--remember when to duck! Have fun in boot camp, it will suck but you'll look back years later and laugh. Good luck!

Spicymemer45 and InspireHD like this.
  18. JonnyC

JonnyC Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $6,478
    Congratulations! Former infantryman from your friendly Northern neighbor, did 4 years.

Joined up for the same reason, and it worked for me. I went in at 19 directionless and angry... came out of that machine at 23 a much calmer, happier person and with more direction than I'd ever had.

I really hope it does the same for you. Remember to just keep going, one step at a time or until the next tree line, next bend in the road.

Good luck :)

Scot, Spicymemer45 and InspireHD like this.
  19. C-Jay

C-Jay Audeamus Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,160
    Depends on your perspective. Personally, I disagree. I'm pretty comfortable with soldier work. Still figuring out this entrepreneur stuff though.

ZF Lee and Scot like this.
  20. C-Jay

C-Jay Audeamus Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,160
    I've worked with the 10th Mtn a few times south of the border. Reaction is usually "nice, at least it's warmer there!"

Scot likes this.
  21. SV25

SV25 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $172
    Lol you couldn't have joined at a better time!! Things are getting pretty hectic with all this ww3 sh*t going on. I'm in the army guard right now, and things have been changing pretty rapidly due to all the current threats.

22. Invictus

Invictus Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,356
    Watching your growth on this forum has been an amazing experience for many of us. I wish you the absolute best.

As Daniel said, take care of yourself and give us an update when you can. Good luck!

23. RobD88

RobD88 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,615
    One of the best decisions I ever made. I learned so much about who I was and didn't want to become.

I wish you the best and hope it works out for you.

Lex DeVille and Spicymemer45 like this.
  24. Zeke

Zeke New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $5,439
    Congrats and good luck on your Journey. @loop101 is correct, there are a lot of pros to being in the military. I'm sure you will take advantage of all of them. I actually retired last year with 10 years of service. I know your depart date is right around the corner but if you have any questions before you leave, don't hesitate to ask.

Spicymemer45 likes this.
  25. jpanarra

jpanarra Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,995
    @Spicymemer45 Hey mate, good luck! Don't forget you can always still work on some fastlane ideas during your downtime and come back and visit!

ZF Lee, Spicymemer45 and Lex DeVille like this.