• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Join Our Skype Project

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Almantas, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Hi guys,

This project is going to provide most value to guys whose English is secondary language. However, everybody is highly welcome and encouraged to join.

I'll be as straightforward as possible, so here it goes:

This is a Chat Group project where we will have few Skype call sessions a week discussing all things related to entrepreneurship. We'll keep our conversations relevant, packed with value and interesting. The reason why I am starting this project is because I'd like to improve my English communication skills and help others do the same and make some friends along the way.

If anyone has any suggestions - please share them with our gang!

If you are interested - please comment and we'll go from there.

VENI-VIDI-VICI!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $154,076
    Good for you getting out there @Almantas

3. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Thanks for your encouragement, Andy! I owe you a delicious tea/coffee already - I hope we'll organize a meeting soon!

Calling random companies with random questions just to refresh my English is getting weird, lol.

Asta, Marcek Wirzyk, Mattie and 4 others like this.
  4. Jerwood

Jerwood Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $478
    Be happy to join in!

5. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $154,076
    If you guys have a call I'll be happy to drop in sometime as a guest and field questions or whatever. Maybe I'll even get the flip-chart out and do some doodles...

Mattie, LRG, Iammelissamoore and 3 others like this.
  6. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $40
    That would be superawesome! I'll keep you updated. Looking for 4-5 participants now.

7. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Welcome! Thanks for joining. We'll hunt down few more guys and begin the project ASAP.

8. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,130
    Not sure if I could be a lot of help on the entrepreneurial side yet.. but happy to jump on with you guys once a week or so if you want to bounce some English and the time zone works out.

I teach English as a foreign language to children part time, but it's super basic, I'm definitely not an IELTS teacher or anything. But I've seen how much help just being in conversation with an English native speaker can help.

Your writing is fine by the way. Wouldn't have thought you were not fluent in English, or even a non native speaker.

9. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $40
    BOOM, another Legend on-board! Welcome and thanks for joining! Really appreciate! We'll work out time difference!

10. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,130
    I would consider changing the title of the thread. Some may take it the wrong way and not venture in.

Almantas likes this.
  11. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Thanks for highlighting it. Just did it. If you think it can be modified, please suggest changes and I'll edit it again.

12. eagleye101

eagleye101 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $876
    Intrested.

I have great content, strategies and techniques that I could teach but my english is an obstacle...

Puppy and Almantas like this.
  13. MattR82

Rep Bank:
    $2,130
    I may have another suggestion that could be of help to you guys.

The Philippines have some excellent English teachers, many without an accent (many have actually got a bit of an American accent) They are unfortunately heavily discriminated against as teachers here in Hanoi as they aren't native speakers, but often their skills are very high.

I'm sure there would be some extremely cheap Skype tutoring available, and if you're more into conversational English I'm sure that would suit them too! Just a thought.

But yeah, this group would be more stimulating as you would be talking about something you are interested in with like minded souls.

Almantas and Andy Black like this.
  14. jon.M

jon.M Never Stray From The Fastlane Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $21
    I'm interested :)

Almantas likes this.
  15. J_Cup

J_Cup Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $261
    You have a very good idea and it's not so hard to enforce. I use English whenever it's possible to improve my speaking skills. What do you think about more than 5 people in the group? It would be good because somebody could replace a person who can't attend.

I'm in if you want somebody who does a lot. I wrote a little bit about my journey in my progress thread. But if you want only actual business owners then, for now, I'm not the best guy to jump in. Anyway, it's a cool idea and I would be happy to take part in it!

Almantas likes this.
  16. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Hi, thanks for stopping by. That's one of the key things I am trying to achieve by creating this group - improve English. So you are in the right place at the right time. Are you in?

Thanks for sharing! However, I have a proven and cheap strategy for hard-core English learning - I am randomly calling UK and IRL companies with a bunch of nonsense questions. It helps me with confidence issues and refresh English at the same time. Some of the companies know me pretty well already, lol.
    Cheers for joining. Welcome!

Good idea! I'll see how interested people are. I'll give it few more days to see how many guys jump in and we'll have final numbers then. The more the merrier. We can always cut down, but hope it'll not happen.

Asta, Marcek Wirzyk and MattR82 like this.
  17. MattR82

Rep Bank:
    $2,130
    You could be a telemarketers worst nightmare..
    "Tell me more..." ;)

Ok then, look forward to trying it out one day, keep me posted if you need people.

jon.M and Almantas like this.
  18. kutlarvadisi

kutlarvadisi New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $74
    I'm interested to join your group :)

Almantas likes this.
  19. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Thanks for joining mate! Take a seat!

Asta and Marcek Wirzyk like this.
  20. eagleye101

eagleye101 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $876
    I'm in :)

Almantas likes this.
  21. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Welcome!

22. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Bumpity Bump! We have 7 participants so far, c'mooooon fellas, let's push it to 10 and leave this thread on autopilot mode! Anyone else in-te-res-ted?!

23. 96wells

96wells Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $643
    definitely interested

24. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Welcome! Thanks for joining!

25. xxlfire

xxlfire New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $132
    Im interested :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017