The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

John Franklin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 3, 2017
Los Angeles
Hey everybody!

My name is John, I'm 26, born and raised in Los Angeles, CA. Honestly, I am grateful for this community and thrilled to be here. Figured I have nothing to lose with by being open and sharing a little bit about me.

From 2009 to present I've been in school.. with transferring, taking time off and going part time. Finally glad that chapter is finishing, I'm graduating this May. From 2015-2017 I worked as a personal trainer at big box gym, had a “fck this event”, left and have been training clients privately over the last 4 months. While I absolutely love training clients and fitness is fun, to me its a day job. Not necessarily something I am dedicated to doing long term. Also, it violates ease of entry and it's slowlane.

Just enrolled in a Java class on Udemy today. So I'm excited to see what I can do with that. If you have feedback or to give, I appreciate it. Right now I'm trying to get clear with what need(s) I want to fulfill so I can have a better sense of direction.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I'm wishing you all the best.

-John Franklin,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Hi John, I just joined the forum this week myself. I like the way you're clear about your thought process and open to conversation.

It's ironic that you have an idea for a Parking business on the Fastlane Forum :)

I could see that "pay by phone to park" could be the standard within ten years. The problem I see is how you could keep control and scalability. Apple or Google could decide to enter the field, and to give away a data access point to parking garages in order to collect a buck per phone-pay entry. How could you compete with this?

I'm at a loss to understand what the Evolyoution brand would represent, what products and services would be offered, who they'd be for, etc. And there's the same problems of entry and control. What keeps other people from making gym clothes with motivational slogans printed in mirror image type? Nothing at all.

There may be a way you can make both of these business ideas rate highly on MJ's CENTS checklist. If so, very cool! But it seems to me you still have a way to go.

John Franklin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 3, 2017
Los Angeles
It's ironic that you have an idea for a Parking business on the Fastlane Forum :)

I could see that "pay by phone to park" could be the standard within ten years. The problem I see is how you could keep control and scalability. Apple or Google could decide to enter the field, and to give away a data access point to parking garages in order to collect a buck per phone-pay entry. How could you compete with this?

Haha that's true! Yeah, I'm not so sure what I'd be able to do about that. Of course large corporations have the power to bring big ideas to life quickly..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...