The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jobs that are great for networking?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
Looking for a job that allows me to meet entrepreneurs, business owners, or people living unscripted livestyles

The pay does not matter I’m making about $8 a hour anyway.

I’ve been learning over the last few years it’s not what you know but who you know

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
If you're young you can't go wrong with waiting tables and serving drinks at private golf clubs / gentlemen places. The conversations you will pick up and the level of business will be huge and old school businessmen enjoy humble grafters open to learning - even if you have to act a bit :).

Another is sales - the potential for uncapped wages, a cure social anxiety in a day and every client could be a future partner/resell/ - the main thing about sales is you get a view of how the world works on a transaction level, you learn valuable things all of the time and you understand how money really works and how to extract more of it from peoples pockets into your bank account.

Also don't overlook the idea of starting 'yet another blog' about unscripted people and reaching out to them on Linked In and other networks for interviews - you will find the right attitude will open doors and your network will expand very quickly (also a good tip if you ever need to relocate to another country without a job lined up).

You can then ask them questions, learn more in a month about money than 6 years of college and maybe even get an opportunity.

Cool_Llama

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Nov 10, 2019
Dallas, TX
Looking for a job that allows me to meet entrepreneurs, business owners, or people living unscripted livestyles

The pay does not matter I’m making about $8 a hour anyway.

I’ve been learning over the last few years it’s not what you know but who you know
Off the top of my head but I would say:
-Limo Driver
-Personal Banker
-Paralegal
-Private golf clubs/Gentlemen places like @TheKingOfMadrid said

Also, offering a service can lead you to meeting people like that. For example my dad has a handyman business and he has met and done work for very wealthy clients. Such as lawyers, entrepreneurs, and people with real estate empires.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
My best advice for you is to BE someone they want to be around.

I'm a business owner. I'm around my employees all the time. I will never go into business with them.

But, if I run into someone who I actually have something in common with... I could be at the coffee shop, the golf course, the ski resort, or anywhere else... it doesn't matter where, I'll start up a friendship with them which could turn into something like a business venture down the road.

Nobody wants to be around a loser. So don't be swinging up. Rise up to their level so you can be friends.

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
My best advice for you is to BE someone they want to be around.

I'm a business owner. I'm around my employees all the time. I will never go into business with them.

But, if I run into someone who I actually have something in common with... I could be at the coffee shop, the golf course, the ski resort, or anywhere else... it doesn't matter where, I'll start up a friendship with them which could turn into something like a business venture down the road.

Nobody wants to be around a loser. So don't be swinging up. Rise up to their level so you can be friends.
I guess a better question to ask is “What kind of activities do you meet high value people?”

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I guess a better question to ask is “What kind of activities do you meet high value people?”
Usually while working. Normally you’ll meet those people when buying or selling something - sometimes they will be your boss and can mentor you while you get paid (instead of paying for a mentor - kind of silly)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.