The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Job Board Plug-in Experience?

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Hello Fastlane Forum - has anyone used any of the job board plug-ins out there? I see Wordpress has one, and then there are a few others like Jobroller and Jobjockey that seem have some more design/functionality thought behind them.

Also, any experience with these would be great. I'm concerned about vetting job posters - ideally I'd just be a pass-through to an employers site that applicants can size-up themselves.

Not looking to charge at this point, but that's possible in the future.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Philip Marlowe

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Hate to bump my own thread, but anyone have experience with a job board plug-in (or even custom dev)? Thanks!

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I've used a few (I don't have the names to hand but I'll grab them tomorrow)

None of them functioned exactly as I needed. All had great functionality, but they are plugins at the end of the day, they are never going to be 100% customisable, which is why I went the custom dev route. Currently still in development (not using WordPress).

For a simple job board (which it sound like you are) then any of the ones I used would work, and probably most on the market would. But if you need something complex, I'd look elsewhere

Philip Marlowe

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
I've used a few (I don't have the names to hand but I'll grab them tomorrow)

None of them functioned exactly as I needed. All had great functionality, but they are plugins at the end of the day, they are never going to be 100% customisable, which is why I went the custom dev route. Currently still in development (not using WordPress).

For a simple job board (which it sound like you are) then any of the ones I used would work, and probably most on the market would. But if you need something complex, I'd look elsewhere
Great - that's what I needed to know. Thanks!

Can I ask if you plan to charge for posting? I don't intend to at the plug-in stage, but eventually if I go the custom route I've seen everything from monthly subscription fees for employer accounts to even PPC.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
A few years back, I tried this with Wordpress and it sucked a$$ - can't even remember what plugin I used.

I swapped it out for a Gravity Forms solution - submission form with payment capability attached and then used GravityView to display a table with the jobs available on it.

It wasn't "elegant" but it worked better than the job board plugins.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.