The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jay Abraham - Try This Incredible Mindset Shift!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I've had an interesting discussion on a different forum, and I thought I'd bring some of the value for people here as well :)

So many of you probably know Jay Abraham. I noticed on the other forum that there seems to be a prejudice against studying Jay Abraham until you already have a solid business. And this highlights an important misunderstanding of what Jay teaches.

Jay is all about getting everything you can out of all you've got - just like the title of one of his books tells you.

Many newbie entrepreneurs, when they read the above statement, react as follows:

"But I don't have anything yet, so there's nothing to get out of it. You can't multiply zero, so Jay isn't for me..."

That is exactly why you need to read Jay, because you THINK you've got nothing.

If you really got nothing, let me tell you, there would be no way to get anything. No way at all. In fact, the irony is that you can NEVER do anything BUT "get everything you can out of all you've got"... what else are you going to get things out of? What you don't have?

Bottom line is that you always start with your own resources, whatever they are. If you don't have clients, you don't have a product, you don't have relationships, what do you have? You have a willingness to serve, your skills, and your own ability to relate to and help others amongst many many other things. Jay would say that's great - you have a LOT of value to offer.

But the way most people think, is that unless they have money, they don't have any value. Unless they are already successful, they don't have any value.

That's the wrong mindset. That's why you're not on the fastlane. Because you think like that.

Because remember: if it really was true that you had no value, then there would be no way for you to create any.

Just like energy, value does not come out of nothing.

So like a nuclear scientist looks at a tiny atom, and using that atom is capable to unleash a MASSIVE amount of energy, you have to do the same.

Look deep inside yourself and discover your potential and how to unleash it - how to get everything out of all you've got!

And THAT is the most important thing, I believe, that you can learn from Jay.

And it starts with doing an inventory of WHAT you have, WHAT your skills and interests are, and WHERE you can add value.

You must learn to use the value that you have to get access to what you don't have yet. That's how you move into the fastlane.

I'll let Jay finish it off:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NNKHhapVMM&ab_channel=JayAbraham

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Q5saWqMww&ab_channel=JayAbraham

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Sorry, no.

Ive seen that title. Its good only for selling the book.

There isn't much to elaborate.
If you try to "get as much as you can from all you've got"
you're cutting yourself off of getting more then you've got.

Its making people that have limited mindset, that think that they can't get more
than they have, feel good about themselves.

Resembles trying to do tax optimization of $1k revenue.
Its like telling someone who wants to have good live but lives inside a box to paint the walls.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I've had an interesting discussion on a different forum, and I thought I'd bring some of the value for people here as well :)

So many of you probably know Jay Abraham. I noticed on the other forum that there seems to be a prejudice against studying Jay Abraham until you already have a solid business. And this highlights an important misunderstanding of what Jay teaches.

Jay is all about getting everything you can out of all you've got - just like the title of one of his books tells you.

Many newbie entrepreneurs, when they read the above statement, react as follows:

"But I don't have anything yet, so there's nothing to get out of it. You can't multiply zero, so Jay isn't for me..."

That is exactly why you need to read Jay, because you THINK you've got nothing.

If you really got nothing, let me tell you, there would be no way to get anything. No way at all. In fact, the irony is that you can NEVER do anything BUT "get everything you can out of all you've got"... what else are you going to get things out of? What you don't have?

Bottom line is that you always start with your own resources, whatever they are. If you don't have clients, you don't have a product, you don't have relationships, what do you have? You have a willingness to serve, your skills, and your own ability to relate to and help others amongst many many other things. Jay would say that's great - you have a LOT of value to offer.

But the way most people think, is that unless they have money, they don't have any value. Unless they are already successful, they don't have any value.

That's the wrong mindset. That's why you're not on the fastlane. Because you think like that.

Because remember: if it really was true that you had no value, then there would be no way for you to create any.

Just like energy, value does not come out of nothing.

So like a nuclear scientist looks at a tiny atom, and using that atom is capable to unleash a MASSIVE amount of energy, you have to do the same.

Look deep inside yourself and discover your potential and how to unleash it - how to get everything out of all you've got!

And THAT is the most important thing, I believe, that you can learn from Jay.

And it starts with doing an inventory of WHAT you have, WHAT your skills and interests are, and WHERE you can add value.

You must learn to use the value that you have to get access to what you don't have yet. That's how you move into the fastlane.

I'll let Jay finish it off:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NNKHhapVMM&ab_channel=JayAbraham

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Q5saWqMww&ab_channel=JayAbraham

Epic music
Vague promises
Extraordinary Income in a year - source: "Trust me bro"
All products sold at a constant heavy discount with artificial scarcity
Seminar/Book promotions

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
LOL! I hope you're joking right? You know that Jay Abraham is one of the greatest marketers of all time, and the dude is the real deal for sure. Not some "trust me bro" marketer, but rather a guy who has worked with companies like IBM, Microsoft, Citibank, Fedex and more to produce BILLIONS in profits.

I have found his stuff very helpful, and the videos attached are not mine. I run a direct response agency and his strategies are some of the most applicable that I have found anywhere online.

And by the way, one of his books is even on The Fastlane Bookstore. So I'm not sure what sort of shit you're smoking, but I suggest you put it down. This is a new one now... Jay Abraham a bro marketer... WTF... :wideyed:
I`ll dig deeper, this is the first I`m hearing of Jay Abraham.
Looks scammy to me, I might be wrong.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I see. By all means dig as deep as you want. You can find his book mentioned in my post for free here (Jay's own website):

He gives most of his stuff for free :)

And trust me, when it comes to scams, there is nobody who is more skeptical than me. I've read a TON of Jay's stuff, and I never came across anything "scammy".

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

He's most non-scammy scammy seeming guru there is. What he does is very simple: setup deals, take a cut.

That's how he made his first money - He found a music company that had a surplus of records and found businesses with extra shelf space, and got a cut.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ok I can see what he’s saying. Never heard of him. But of course all of this is easier said than done. At a certain level we all know we need a “mind set shift”. But shift into what from where? Do we just will it into existence? Think positive? My experience is that this growth requieres a lot of work and it’s not something people are willing to do.

You can’t just “will” the cure for cancer In your head.

It opens a can of worms that really dives into other areas like philosophy, psychology and other disciplines.

Most mainstream stuff like this is true but the methods are wrong. It’s like how we all know starting a business is how to get rich but the actual mindset is very elusive.

Close but no cigar.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
A couple of months, somebody shared a PDF about Jay's Mind Shift Challenge here in this forum. It has 92 pages in the PDF format. It was such a good read.
The thing about Jay is not being fancy and that is why he makes a boatload of money.

Knuffix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 25, 2014
I always recommend his book "From Mediocrity to Millions" (free pdf as first result in Google for the book title) about creating JVs / partnerships and getting access to almost everything you need to grow or start your business.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
OK, so I read a bit around in other forums, quora and book reviews (all found on google) and looks like the guy is legit.
@Black_Dragon43 My apologies, I was wrong.

I found this as well: Jay Abraham – Audio Books, Best Sellers, Author Bio | Audible.com
I`m a bit limited when it comes to time. I dont have enough to spend reading books. Audio books on the other hand fit perfectly into my schedule.
What does the forum think?
Are these specific books on Audible worth the listen?
I noticed that alot of his quoted books arent available as audio books (some are but sell for some ludicrous price)

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
OK, so I read a bit around in other forums, quora and book reviews (all found on google) and looks like the guy is legit.
@Black_Dragon43 My apologies, I was wrong.

I found this as well: Jay Abraham – Audio Books, Best Sellers, Author Bio | Audible.com
I`m a bit limited when it comes to time. I dont have enough to spend reading books. Audio books on the other hand fit perfectly into my schedule.
What does the forum think?
Are these specific books on Audible worth the listen?
I noticed that alot of his quoted books arent available as audio books (some are but sell for some ludicrous price)
It's been a while since I listened but from memory 93 Referral Systems was one of his weakest audios and just basically a listing of some things that he'd done without much analysis or depth. Unless of course they've updated or changed it-you'll notice he has so many actual products over the years there is plenty of crossover between products and some have been updated or revised more than others. I'm sure the product still has use to someone specifically wanting to hear about Referral Systems, it's just not anything particularly unique.

The Sticking Point Solution was later just after the 2008 crisis I think and kind of all over the place, some interesting stories but not particularly organised. I think it was basically a joint effort with Rich Schefren so seemed more like his work.

Your Secret Wealth and Mastermind Marketing System are very useful info though a little messy if formatted the same as the audio versions I have-the latter being made up of a patchwork of clips unless he rerecorded it for the Audible version specifically. He's not the easiest speaker to understand as his mind wanders in various directions at times so checking out any of the videos on Youtube or his podcast probably makes sense first. MMS is still one of his easier to follow at least.

Mastermind Marketing System is probably the closest audio to his best written work Stealth Marketing (my version is 2000 edition not sure of earliest release year). Joint Ventures : From Mediocrity To Millions is another fine written work but he has plenty to sort through depending on what you want specifically. The "Mr X" book is also popular.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
It's been a while since I listened but from memory 93 Referral Systems was one of his weakest audios and just basically a listing of some things that he'd done without much analysis or depth. Unless of course they've updated or changed it-you'll notice he has so many actual products over the years there is plenty of crossover between products and some have been updated or revised more than others. I'm sure the product still has use to someone specifically wanting to hear about Referral Systems, it's just not anything particularly unique.

The Sticking Point Solution was later just after the 2008 crisis I think and kind of all over the place, some interesting stories but not particularly organised. I think it was basically a joint effort with Rich Schefren so seemed more like his work.

Your Secret Wealth and Mastermind Marketing System are very useful info though a little messy if formatted the same as the audio versions I have-the latter being made up of a patchwork of clips unless he rerecorded it for the Audible version specifically. He's not the easiest speaker to understand as his mind wanders in various directions at times so checking out any of the videos on Youtube or his podcast probably makes sense first. MMS is still one of his easier to follow at least.

Mastermind Marketing System is probably the closest audio to his best written work Stealth Marketing (my version is 2000 edition not sure of earliest release year). Joint Ventures : From Mediocrity To Millions is another fine written work but he has plenty to sort through depending on what you want specifically. The "Mr X" book is also popular.
Thank you for the information.
I`ll listen to: The MasterMind Marketing System

USN-Ken

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Apr 21, 2015
Durant, Iowa
Hello.

Im a huge Jay Abraham fan. Been following him for years. Brilliant guy.

(If you watch Shark Tank, Daymond John credits Jay for his success, as Jay has been his mentor for years.)

Jay's been a marketing consultant for may years and, in that capacity, has had exposure to hundreds of industries. So, he is able to extract marketing strategies/concepts from one industry and transpose them onto another industry, creating unique marketing hybrids that have never been seen before in various industries. (For example, the fast food industry borrowing the drive-thru concept from the banking industry, or Subway borrowing their marketing strategy from the weight-loss industry, etc.).

He gives away a bunch of stuff on his website: Abraham.com - Marketing Genius. (I recommend you start with "How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be" which is a 12-part audio course). Be open-minded. If he gives an situational/industrial example that doesn't apply to your industry, ask yourself how YOU can modify the concept to fit your industry or situation.

He compiled all of his programs onto a hard-drive that you can buy for $4k. I bought it on ebay for $400. So, I own everything he has put out. :)

I've used a ton of concepts that I learned from Jay to make money: monetizing my knowledge (creating ebooks, online courses, instructional manuals), building joint ventures (I built a resume-writing firm by forming low-risk partnerships), risk-reversal (offering money-back guarantees on nearly everything I've done because I know it generates more sales for me than I risk losing), constantly testing (split-testing all marketing to ensure everything is performing at their highest), establishing referral systems, USPs, up-sells, etc. These are not unique to Jay Abraham, but he explains variations (and hybrids) of each so they can be customized to your unique situation.

Essentially, he is great at harvesting best practices from all industries and then using them in other industries where they can create massive windfalls.

Loop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jul 21, 2019
Hello.

Im a huge Jay Abraham fan. Been following him for years. Brilliant guy.

(If you watch Shark Tank, Daymond John credits Jay for his success, as Jay has been his mentor for years.)

Jay's been a marketing consultant for may years and, in that capacity, has had exposure to hundreds of industries. So, he is able to extract marketing strategies/concepts from one industry and transpose them onto another industry, creating unique marketing hybrids that have never been seen before in various industries. (For example, the fast food industry borrowing the drive-thru concept from the banking industry, or Subway borrowing their marketing strategy from the weight-loss industry, etc.).

He gives away a bunch of stuff on his website: Abraham.com - Marketing Genius. (I recommend you start with "How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be" which is a 12-part audio course). Be open-minded. If he gives an situational/industrial example that doesn't apply to your industry, ask yourself how YOU can modify the concept to fit your industry or situation.

He compiled all of his programs onto a hard-drive that you can buy for $4k. I bought it on ebay for $400. So, I own everything he has put out. :)

I've used a ton of concepts that I learned from Jay to make money: monetizing my knowledge (creating ebooks, online courses, instructional manuals), building joint ventures (I built a resume-writing firm by forming low-risk partnerships), risk-reversal (offering money-back guarantees on nearly everything I've done because I know it generates more sales for me than I risk losing), constantly testing (split-testing all marketing to ensure everything is performing at their highest), establishing referral systems, USPs, up-sells, etc. These are not unique to Jay Abraham, but he explains variations (and hybrids) of each so they can be customized to your unique situation.

Essentially, he is great at harvesting best practices from all industries and then using them in other industries where they can create massive windfalls.

Can you share the title/name of the hard-drive you bought? Many thanks to you. I would love to learn from him as well.

Last edited:

USN-Ken

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Apr 21, 2015
Durant, Iowa
Here is the link, but I suggest you check eBay from time to time. Its much cheaper there.

pitufofeliz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 15, 2019
Thank you, I had never heard of him. I just downloaded his book, and the fact that he offers it for free made me feel that he offers real value. I started reading a bit and he has some good tips.

Loop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jul 21, 2019
Here is the link, but I suggest you check eBay from time to time. Its much cheaper there.
Thank you very much for the link. :thumbsup:

G

Guest1413tpa

I always recommend his book "From Mediocrity to Millions" (free pdf as first result in Google for the book title) about creating JVs / partnerships and getting access to almost everything you need to grow or start your business.

I think this is the book I have needed. Thanks for sharing it.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
@Black_Dragon43

Ok, so I listened to this: The MasterMind Marketing System
TL; DR 4-5/10 for me

There were some solid advice, actionable advice in the audiobook.
Some of the ways to optimize a business he described I knew about, few of them I didnt, so I learned something new, which is always good.
I liked the comission strategy he proposes based on the lifetime value of a client, I`ll probably take advantage of that at some point in some way, its a good strategy.

The book however falls short in a couple of places.
1. Redudancy
I get it, I get it, it works for 1 business 2, 3, 103, 104, 1000 bla bla bla.
There is no point in repeating something if it can be understood with a single sentence.
Half or more of what he says doesnt bare repeating to be understood.
How many times does he need to say that he`s dabbled in 400+ industries?
I think I heard it at least 10 times in the book.
2. At times it sounds improvised, like he`s just talking in a mic, fumbling words.
3. Keeps teasing ALL this great information that he has on a subject, but refuses to elaborate, which is kind of scammy, considering the book is over $30.
You can talk for 5 hours on risk management?
OK, I dont doubt that, can you maybe do an hour on it, explain it better?
Oh ok then, guess we are moving on...

So I`m a bit torn.
Maybe the audiobook is crap.
Maybe he did a lazy job recording it.
Maybe he has spread his info around many books so I need to buy them all to get more information out of him.
I`m wondering what my lifetime value is to him?
Its looking like $36.08 for now, but we`ll see.

USN-Ken

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Apr 21, 2015
Durant, Iowa
If you scored some useful nuggets then your $46 was worth it.
Try his 12 cd course (mentioned above).
It’s free. No up-sells or anything.
Abraham.com - Marketing Genius. Might go more in-depth than that book.

Jay is a unique dude.
Some love him, some hate him but I’ve made money from his ideas so I can’t complain.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
A couple of months, somebody shared a PDF about Jay's Mind Shift Challenge here in this forum. It has 92 pages in the PDF format. It was such a good read.
The thing about Jay is not being fancy and that is why he makes a boatload of money.
Might have been me lol.

For anyone else interested: http://thegaryhalbertletter.com/AbrahamBookInternalUseOnly.pdf

It’s one of the best lead gen/marketing/business model materials you will ever read.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.