The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

JASO options

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Can someone please explain why february puts and calls are priced where they are?

Currently trading at $18.

Put expiring on Friday for $40 last traded at .13. Shouldn't that be trading around $10/contract? What am I missing?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

kidgas

Contributor
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
OK, from Yahoo Finance, I am seeing an ask of 0.15 for the contract JAPNH. This contract is an adjustment for a 3 for 1 stock split and so corresponds to a contract of 300shares. With this in mind, the stock JASO at almost 18 would be at 54 pre-split meaning the put has almost no value. On the website cboe.com under tab Trading Tools, there is a contract adjustment place to click and then search for the stock leading to the necessary information. I have had plenty of adjustments happen to me mid-contract so I figured that was what was happening.

Gaspar

PARKED
Apr 18, 2014
Do you "Paper Trade" options in the market? I'm looking for a group to test strategies against in a "Paper Trade" account. Do you know such a group that host a competition?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom