The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Jack of all, master of none

UK.SteRioN

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Sep 5, 2019
Hi all,

So first off I'm from the UK and in to my 30s. Having always wanted my own business , I got as close as I could by running one for someone else as a store manager in control of most things except where the money was paid in to we took(unfortunately not my account)

I've been searching all my life, spent years as a laptop technician repairing them for Europe's largest repairer, qualified as a personal trainer, worked my way up the retail ladder, taught myself DIY, how to draw , amongst many things. I'm also pretty handy at network analysis/investigations.

The issue is I find the best way to do things, get bored and want to do something different as I've always been working for someone else. My current focus is around learning mobile game development for which I've signed up to a udemy course and I'm committed to seeing this through.

Thanks to Mj demarco I realise I've made a number of errors over the years but I'm really now focused on finding what's missing / what's needed / what people desire in order to deliver that to them.

If any of the above skillset is useful please feel free to ask me anything.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
U

UK.SteRioN

New Contributor
Sep 5, 2019
I also missed on the dabbling front being a self taught wedding videographer. So yes an ability to learn a lot of things. Application of myself is not so great. Feedback (harsh or otherwise) is welcome.

Rabby

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
A loooot of people have fallen into the trap of learning one skill after another, thinking, essentially, that they can raise their own intrinsic value enough to magically become a millionaire. I've done it :hilarious: It's not a waste though... if you're fairly competent at something, then you can identify who is good at it and who is not worth hiring, when you get to that point. That's always good.

Also, having a skill or two is good because, if you combine it with business-building skills like sales, marketing, and making repeatable/automatable processes, you can actually scale beyond the point where your own time & energy is the bottleneck.

You've read MJ's books I take it? They're worth re-reading in my opinion. Several times. The DNA is in them. Welcome!

OP
OP
U

UK.SteRioN

New Contributor
Sep 5, 2019
A loooot of people have fallen into the trap of learning one skill after another, thinking, essentially, that they can raise their own intrinsic value enough to magically become a millionaire. I've done it :hilarious: It's not a waste though... if you're fairly competent at something, then you can identify who is good at it and who is not worth hiring, when you get to that point. That's always good.

Also, having a skill or two is good because, if you combine it with business-building skills like sales, marketing, and making repeatable/automatable processes, you can actually scale beyond the point where your own time & energy is the bottleneck.

You've read MJ's books I take it? They're worth re-reading in my opinion. Several times. The DNA is in them. Welcome!
Thanks, I've read TMF but not unscripted. Yes I agree with what you say around recruitment and have done that as well as the whole people management side of life during my stint in retail management.

SamRussell

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Welcome to the forum - that's a pretty wide range of skills you've got!

OP
OP
U

UK.SteRioN

New Contributor
Sep 5, 2019
Welcome to the forum - that's a pretty wide range of skills you've got!
I agree, maybe the missing part is the application to sell these skills to others. That's one part of Rabbys post that seemed to ring out to me. Sales

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom