The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

iamAnnie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 19, 2021

Athena's Escape

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 5, 2022
Virginia Beach, VA
Just finished it and now I'm thinking it's time to give copies to the college students in my life. Wish I'd read it years ago!

Validated so much of my entrepreneur identity and gave me several nuggets of value for the road ahead.

You're changing lives MJ... seriously.

aretheregods

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 7, 2022
This is such an awesome read, and so true. I was actually homeless when this book was published. After reading it and focusing on my goals, I live in an exclusive condo with views of the Hudson and Manhattan. I legitimately couldn't have done it without learning to see the world the way it is from books like MJ's.

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
Here's another zinger.
Screenshot_20220112-085200_Kindle.jpg

I have had pretty much only two purposes, and one of them is pretty selfish. One is to be a good provider for my family, including giving the kids a decent leg up into a productive lifestyle despite a family history of doing very little, and the other - the real obsession - is really just to escape employment. That's not really enough, but I think obsession 2 arises from obsession 1,the desire to get the kids into a more satisfying and productive life. It's not that I don't contribute elsewhere, I just don't really care about any worthy purpose as much as those.

Anyway just thoughts while re-reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

twchristy7

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 30, 2020
New Jersey
I am on my second read of this book and taking more notes this time. I plan on reading all three books every year until I achieve my goals (and most likely will after as well simply because they are a joy to read). I already completed TMF and am about halfway through Unscripted for this year.

timalero21

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jan 15, 2022
I wish I had stumbled upon this book sooner.
I've read some insanely high quality books over the course of 2021 and I must say this is easily the most lifechanging of the bunch.

Bbenn30

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 24, 2022
This book really hit home for me. I was living the full blown scripted life. I had ideas that something was wrong with that about July last year. I had this thought one shitty a$$ day at work where I realized. No matter how hard or how long I work I'll only make a certain amount of money this month. Then I thought about my boss and the 2.5 mill I helped her make the year before and I realized even after she covered all her overhead she was able to earn a tidy sum. I then thought to myself why didn't I earn myself that kind of cash? This thought turned into a business idea, not long after that idea I picked up this book and it totally changed how I saw my business and what I wanted to do for my customers.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Best book hands down, I should have immediately read this book right after The Millionaire Fastlane . I would have saved myself time, money, and resources last year. I would stop going from one idea to the next.

This will be the first book I recommend to my friends and family. To be honest, I think this should be the first book anyone reads. Nonetheless, TMF is still good as well. I love them all, but Unscripted has become my all-time favorite.

I took over ~90 hand-written plus notes within a journal and highlighted some important topics. I keep it handy or close by my desk.

I can finally say I have read the entire triology.

aaronorr90

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 6, 2021
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
MJ never fails to deliver what needs to be said. Such a fantastic book

Trenzui

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Nov 11, 2016
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

My wife bought this book in Singapore and gave it to me as a gift. A great compliment after reading the The Millionaire Fastlane .

Giallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 6, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
I read the book and keep reading it again months after.

In a time when I was just wandering through life, with other people's dreams in front of me, this book gave me a personal north start and the conviction that I can get there. A pure boost of confidence.

grafdiz

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 5, 2022
Hi MJ! Just finished Unscripted today. Found a lot of great insights after the first time reading the book. And want to share one of them. Hope will be beneficial at least for someone who will reach this page.

This is related to the approach when it comes to consuming information from books. I am reading a lot of books and after each book got some useful information and went to the next one to consume more on the topic. Day after day I accumulated information with approximately the next proportion: 80 - Consumption and accumulation, 20 - real-time implementation.

As expected not each piece of information can be applied right at the moment so what to do?

1st option is to stop reading and come back to the book once you can move further with implementation. Not the best option, just because you are lacking a full picture author wanted to show and may apply the approach with the wrong understanding.

Okay, 2nd option - read the full book and move to the next one. Obviously a bit better. You have a full picture but may lose sight of important details. The outcome is, in my opinion, better, but in the long run, is weak.

Finally the 3rd option. Read the book. If you think the book is relevant, and kind of synergized with you, start reading the book again.

The first time is about subconsciously taking the insights that are most important to you at the moment, but at the same time your drivers will be your curiosity and motivation to find out what will happen next, this may contribute to the fact that you will miss the formula of the process. And as a result, you will implement only part of the possible potential in real practice.

When you return to the re-visiting, you will already have an understanding of the overall picture and logic. This will allow you to gradually introduce new knowledge into practice. Thus, you are already reading with the tactical purpose of putting into practice without distraction to the overall strategy and understanding. You no longer have a goal to get acquainted with the general idea and find out what will happen next. Now you can read up to the moment you want and have a real opportunity to put what you read into practice, check it, or turn it into a habit, and once you received feedback, implement something into practice, you can move on to the next stage. Even if there is a gap of a day/month/year/five years/etc. between the stages. Admit it, it's not cool to read one book for five years, but it's cool to know what you're implementing for and get real feedback. I am sure this approach will tremendously improve the quality of consumption and help to transfer from just a consumer to a producer.

4BOOG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Dec 8, 2019
Finished it!! By far my favorite book! It felt like MJ was in my head at time. I would think about something and the next chapter would address it. I feel like I could for sure get stuck in the "my idea is not good enough" cycle but I need to pick something and start executing. Focus on making $100,000 before I can focus on making $1M. I do have one question that has been burning and I can't figure out. Why is the entrepreneurial framework called TUNEF?
I believe "The UNscripted Entrepreneurial Framework" = TUNEF

rainmaker22

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 21, 2022
Now that there's several thousands out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Read unscripted . In fact I read millionaire fast lane and it started a great change, but unscripted gave a big blow to my inner self. Thank you.

yagya567

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Apr 3, 2022
Now that there's several thousands out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Finished reading Unscripted yesterday. The beautifully simplified way to get an eagle's view of society's economic condition is an eye-opener. The core fundamentals of CENTS and 3Bs were I read again and again at least 5 times. The whole unscripted project is also a way of living life to the fullest.

I have started re-aligning my belief system and abiding by the CENTS principle.

Thank you, MJ. This book is The Codex Leicester for me. I will keep using it as a reference guide for my business ventures.

Non-Conformist

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 30, 2020

View attachment 14816

Gave me a better outlook on how to start my idea.

AngelaB

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 15, 2022
Charleston, SC

View attachment 14816

I read it. A lot of insight into the pitfalls of society. Really like the focus on meeting people's needs with your business instead of it just being about chasing money. I've been pretty turned off by money for most of my life. I'm really good at saving money short term so I can take long breaks in between jobs, but saving long term is something I struggle with, feeling greedy for having so much when others have so little. I'm working on changing that belief but it's still a work in progress.

Alessandros

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 3, 2021
Germany
I've read it again.

Unscripted (UNS) is much more difficult to read and to understand than TFM. The really interesting parts start with FL-productocracy (pull!) and then with KE, how to execute. So am I just busy or am I busy executing? Am I action faking (or an idea entrepreneur) ?

The surprisingly easy concept of 3A gives a nice method for relevant work. It has a lot to do with focusing your efforts. The 4Ds seem quite useful - not only for entrepreneurs, especially the discipline of consequential thought should be used by more people.

I also like the 7 rules for the paycheck pot (with General Ackbar, but where are the Ferengi Rules of Aquisition then?). Investment in my opinion needs not only cash flow (dividends) but also some growth. Of course this depends on the country where a reader lives and the tax rules there. But it is said that the book wasn't written in the ink of devout absolutism, so we can be flexible.

pfadlos

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 23, 2022
Cologne
Also listened to Unscripted on Audible a few weeks ago, after finishing The Millionaire Fastane.
Now comes the hard part: Building my own successful business.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I found it more complete than the first, and it brought me even more. A must have, like the trilogy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.