The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MattX68

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 7, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Just Finished

An excellent read for young people who wish to live their lives to the fullest without being slave to the 9-5 grind !

krbb91

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 23, 2011
Impact Millions and more! Took me about a week to finish between work and school. It is a book that I will surely keep by my side to review and reread while on my Fastlane journey/lifestyle. Thanks for sharing MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

divinrob

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 24, 2011
Gulf Coast of Alabama
I read the book and got a lot out of it! I actually finished it much faster than I thought I would because I was so interested I could not take my nose out of it, and I loved the concise chapters. Many of the points made in The Millionaire Fastlane reminded me of a much shorter book I read 15 years ago by Dan Kennedy called The Ultimate Success Secret, which was a much shorter book with less detail but some of the core concepts were the same. Some of the most impactful pieces of information I got from TMF were the five business seedlings, the law of effection, and effection of scale vs. effection of magnitude. Overall it was an empowering and educational read. I'm starting over at 37 and feel like I've thrown away a decade since I was a 27 year old entrepreneur and this book was a huge motivator!

startek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 4, 2011
Read the book at break-neck speed the first time. Now I'm going back and taking it all in. Only one other business (lifestyle change?) book has ever spoken to me as yours did and that was "Liberation Management" by Tom Peters. Great job. Looking forward to learning a lot from you and this forum.

Jim Good

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 9, 2011
I have read The Millionaire Fastlane twice. The first time I read it straight through and the second time I took the time to take notes, highlight important information, and Googled several of Mr. DeMarco's suggestions. My complete outlook on the game is changed. I recently put my ideas into action and want to chronicle them through here. My goal is to be one of MJ's success stories that he can reference and say "See! It works!"

callmelucid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 27, 2009
Brentwood, California, United States
just finished reading the kindle version. the book was pretty amazing and thought provoking. it is laid out simply and tears down a lot of the "motivational" type BS that the gurus push. i was really able to distinguish the wrongs i do from the rights i do and now i can focus all my energy (and money!) to driving down the fastlane

thanks MJ!

~Patrick

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A really great read that will challenge a lot of your long held beliefs about what it takes to really get wealthy. A tell it like it truly is, how to book - MJ does not pull any punches.

Read it. Reading it again

A lot of things MJ went thru and thought were exactly the same as me. I strove in the corporate world and rose pretty fast only to find that I hated it and the notion of having to be 60 before I was allowed to "be free" pissed me off.

More folks need to know this type of info.

Read the book and loved it. I had about 60% already figured out, but you crystallised it for me.

Got the book three weeks ago and im half way through my second read.

Great book.

An excellent read for young people who wish to live their lives to the fullest without being slave to the 9-5 grind !

Took me about a week to finish between work and school. It is a book that I will surely keep by my side to review and reread while on my Fastlane journey/lifestyle. Thanks for sharing MJ!

I read the book and got a lot out of it! I actually finished it much faster than I thought I would because I was so interested I could not take my nose out of it, and I loved the concise chapters.

the book was pretty amazing and thought provoking.

I have read The Millionaire Fastlane twice. The first time I read it straight through and the second time I took the time to take notes, highlight important information, and Googled several of Mr. DeMarco's suggestions. My complete outlook on the game is changed.

Read the book at break-neck speed the first time. Now I'm going back and taking it all in.

Thanks guys, appreciate the positive feedback - Icon added (which at some point will mean something just beyond the additional PM space.)

Are any "I have read the book" logos forthcoming on our accounts, or was this only done in the early days?

I add the icons once a week.

PrincessK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 19, 2009
I have read the book also suggested to mastermind partner in Cali he read as well !! Signed up as an amazon affiliate because I believe in this information so much everyone should have it . Will do a review tommorow and suggest to my bookclub as well as continue to visit the forum to share what I have learned and implement new strategies MJ put his heart n soul into this and u can feel it

When 1 is healed all are healed !

Karmen

linguini

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 20, 2011
Really good book read it the first time in a day and have been going back and re reading chapters when I have a chance.

uwbadger1984

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 13, 2011
Hi MJ, Excellent Book! I have been seeking a new phase of my life after 25 years in the insurance business. I am blessed to have a lot of freedom with my time and have been looking at internet opportunities. Finding your book couldn't have been more timely. Your book is fresh and honest and so full of valuable wisdom that I couldn't put my highlighter down. I just bought another copy for my son.

PS. Love Arizona :) (may have something to do with our Wisconsin winters)

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
Read the book.

Great read and finally a good book on business that is not trying to upsell some random services...

Shade

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
May 16, 2011
England
Hey, I've read the book, thanks a lot for writing it, I've learned a lot from it and still learning a lot from the community you have created here, thanks alot!

np12

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 8, 2011
San Diego
Read the book, re-reading chapters to see if I missed anything or if I can gain new insight I might have missed the first time. Knew that I was always driving on the slowlane, and still am, but am determined to get onto the fastlane asap. Good luck to everyone here on achieving their goals and thank you so much for the book.

cashflow3000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, Washington, USA
hey everyone -

MJ, thank you.

like I mentioned in my intro thread this is just what I need at this point in my life.

I just finished your book today and Im ready to get to work.

My next step is to clarify my dream lifestyle and price it out.

I already have in mind a book that will fill a need and allow me to fastlane my current business.

thanks again I will keep you posted!

Ska2free

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 15, 2011
CA
Just finished, and am feeling very grateful for a kick in the pants just when I needed it! My husband and I started a business 10 years ago, and have built it to a comfortably successful level...perhaps too comfortable, as I had started to forget the long term goal of passive income.

Going to explore the forum, see what I can learn from other business owners and keep taking it to the next level.
Thanks!

RNAcademyPhil

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 19, 2011
Just read the book. It is absolutely amazing. I heard about MJ on a recent podcast he did with Pat Flynn, agreed with what MJ said, bought the book and now I am here. I am looking forward to getting to know you folks better. Please bare with me as I am learning the ropes here. I understand there are a lot of experts in here and I believe this place is a wealth of information.

dec360

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 16, 2011
Wisconsin
Hello everyone,

Finished reading TMF

MJ your book is exactly what I needed at this point of my life. Ive read other books and I feel that those books were ok and have better prepared me for your book. Ive read books that have helped me become more creative and I have a few Ideas that I want to act upon.

I had been looking for advice and examples of execution from some one who has actually done it.

Thanks

Silverhino

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 19, 2011
Michigan
Haven't finished the book yet...a major idea has been kickin' around in my head for almost a year (leaving bruises on my weaker brain)...I finally recognized it, as a major opportunity, due to this book (loved my Kindle sample... since I might have passed on it sitting on the shelf). Finishing the book will never happen, because I'll just re-read it and this forum for additional insight. Thanks, MJ!

naushad1289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 6, 2011
Just read the book! An amazing book. Probably my favorite book I have read in the last 4 years of college.

Tinjus61

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 12, 2011
Read the book, amazing. I was motivated before I read it, now i´m shaking all over because I just want to GET GOING.
I have my final exam on wednesday before summer vacation, but instead of reading up on the subject, I read the Fastlane Millionaire. Hahaha. It´s all good though, I got the class material under control.

Looking froward to getting to know some fantastic people in here, and hopefully contribute with something myself

The Great Dane

Martin

Jason!

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Feb 28, 2009
Read the book, recommended it to all my friends. Spot on man, very motivating!

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
I read the book, really enjoyed it. I am in the process of developing my website and I am not sure I would be at this point if I hadn't read the book. Thanks

Bruuce80

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 29, 2011
Very Good Read!!!

I just finished the book and I really enjoyed it. I know I will be referring back to it often. I have already told my brother that he needs to pick up his copy!

KengOnn

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Jun 22, 2011
Hi MJ,

I've read the book, and I must say, it is one of the few straight-talking, practical (in terms of principles) book out in the get-rich genre. (Another one is Felix Dennis' "How to Get Rich", which is also quite good as well :))

Thanks for sitting down and putting in the hard work to get this book out, I'm sure you've impacted (and will continue impacting) tonnes of people, many more than you probably thought possible :).

Cheers,
From Singapore.

Ariel Bravy

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 23, 2011
Seattle, WA
Thank you for this book MJ! I read it all at once after a glowing recommendation from a friend and love the straightforward approach you share.

I'm also finding it a great resource to go back to and reread, because it really hammers home what to do and what not to do and WHY.

It's such a gift to be able to understand why previous attempts didn't work and what to do to make my current and future attempts pan out more successfully. :)

hybiscus

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 24, 2011
USA
I just got done reading this book. All I can say is that it is excellent! Great job MJ, and thanks so much for making it an enjoyable, yet thorough book! You have got me started in the right direction in the right way. Thanks so much. :)

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Best business book I've read in the last 5 years. The concepts in this book are true but so against what people have come to believe is "normal" that this is this book's biggest hurdle. So glad i stumbled upon it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.