• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

GOLD! Most liked posts in thread: I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane!

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $269,845
    Admin Post
    134 pages and perhaps 2,500+ favorable reviews, I think I'm entitled to tag this GOLD after 5 years??? LOL.

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $269,845
    Admin Post
    Ha Ha, don't worry, my next book is so damn long you'll probably want it to end.

3. LeftBench

LeftBench Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,320
    MJ ... THANK YOU.

I just finished "The Millionaire Fastlane" five minutes ago. As many others on here have said, it is life changing. I can't thank you enough for this wonderful book.

A few months ago I read "The Automatic Millionaire" and was dead set on living the slow lane life. I make a decent living as a Police Officer in NJ and figured that I would follow the instructions in that book and have a decent amount of savings when I was older, but have to sacrifice many enjoyable things now.

While reading your book, I realize how I was brainwashed by other financial books that encourage the slow lane. "The Millionaire Fastlane" has opened up my eyes and got me working towards wealth.

I am no longer looking for part time jobs on Craigslist. I'm finding ideas to create jobs for other people. I'm no longer getting petty certifications in security, but looking into starting my own security company. I have no more interest in putting on Women's Self-Defense seminars where I earn less than $300... I'm looking into marketing an instructional series on Self-Defense.

I'm working towards developing products and possibly getting into licensing. I even upgraded to a smart phone last week. I always kept a silly flip phone because I didn't want to spend the extra $30 a month on data plans. But now I realize that its a small amount to pay for the large amount I can profit off of it when I use it towards these business ideas.

I know I still have much to learn, but your book has me going in the right direction. I've got my left blinker on, and plan on making my way in to the Fast Lane as soon as possible.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Thank you so much for opening up my eyes.

James F.
    NJ

Photo 5.jpg

7 people like this.
  4. jbar

jbar New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $67
    Read it. Love the part about how people are willing to trade 5 days for 2 days of freedom. Also like how you point out that you shouldn't just get into a business based on "do what you love". I was constantly looking for something to do in the golf industry because that's what I love to do. Now I know I should just focus on my main business which already gives me enough freedom to play golf pretty much whenever I want.

Great book MJ!

5. Rem

Rem Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,882
    Done! Read it. I am sure I will read it again. Thanks MJ

Ioachim, Jobo, ExcelGuy and 3 others like this.
  6. Joe Walsh

Joe Walsh New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $99
    YO MJ!

I loved your book and I can tell you put a lot of work into it. Thank you. I will definitely read it again.

I drove a school bus to Costa Rica 16 years ago to start a surf camp. I had no real $$, just a passion for surfing and a dedication to providing excellent customer service. We started out by renting a little shack on the beach. Today the company employs 120 people and does millions of dollars in annual revenue. The best part is that I have learned to remove myself from the operations of the business and have the freedom to do what I want. Time is our most valuable asset.

I 100% agree with your philosophy of the Fastlane. Why waste a lifetime working for someone else when you can live with the excitement of building your own creation? with unlimited potential?? And in only a few years. I joined your forum because I believe in your brand. I hope to continue learning and to provide value to other entrepreneurs while I seek my next big adventure in life.

Pura vida! - Joe Walsh - Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Patti, Yoda, MJ DeMarco and 3 others like this.
  7. IceCreamKid

IceCreamKid With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $113,721
    I just finished reading the book a few hours ago. It hit me like a wall of bricks that I need to improve my discipline so that every day I am focused on the process for my business. I've made a daily checklist of things that I need to do in order to be committed to it. Thanks, MJ!

8. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $269,845
    Admin Post
    Working on it... probably wont' be until next year.

9. Maria i Carrera

Maria i Carrera New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $60
    I read the book. I can't believe that after so many years trying so many "guru" advises and reading countless books ,,,,I have NEVER read one like this. I'm 46yo and I'm totally confident. But, how is it possible that my entire family and 99% of the people I know are so hard pressed to be on the slow/side walk lanes. My entire life I have been ridiculed and teased just because I didn't believe in doing 20 years at a job then retiring. i just laughed at them and said "you will see"!!! I really enjoyed it and I thank you for motivating us. It's a lonely world out here. But I love the struggle, I know I will make it happen.

10. LeftofLucky

LeftofLucky New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $52
    I've Read The The Millionaire Fastlane!

Have a physical copy on my bookshelf and a digital copy on my kindle/phone. I remember absolutely itching to read the book on the go as soon as I got it. Bought the digital edition the next day because I did NOT want to stop reading.

It's such a high value piece of work because of how it impacts your context of money, business and life. Like all great writing, it peels back the curtain on natural laws and truths.

Jennifer.h, tpf, MJ DeMarco and 2 others like this.
  11. Walker

Walker New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $72
    I've read The Millionaire Fastlane and you opened me to a new world I thought was a fairytale.
    Everyone told me I had to find a job I liked and do it for the rest of my life. I always refused to believe that this was the only way for living, I didn't want to end up doing the same thing 8 hour a day and live in the weekend, you showed me that this is possible, now I know I won't end my life regretting it.
    Thank you MJ :)

12. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $269,845
    Admin Post
    Yup, if it wasn't I wouldn't have written it -- I don't write stuff that is relevant for 2016, but irrelevant in 2017.

13. Deege

Deege Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $106
    MJ the king of metaphors and analogies, this book was fun to read and gave some real insight to the entrepreneurial world, time well spent MJ. This one can go on the shelf of all the business and entrepreneurial books that don't feel like work to read. Only a select few get on that shelf, congrats MJ, well written.

14. Mack

Mack New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $27
    WTF, MJ? How about I call you Dr. DeMarco, MD from now on?!

Read your book last week, spent a couple of days in “recovery” to let the wealth of valuable principles and knowledge sink in and now I operate clearer than ever.

It is like you performed a “mind/brain” surgery on me…reinforced the good, positive convictions and beliefs on one hand and made me part with the bad habits and the noise on the other. New daily routine, new focus, efficient use of time and energy….

I structured an entirely new evaluation grid for everything that passes through my mind or my hands…businesses, products, services, concepts....it is all momentarily evaluated and either put in the to do and/or investigate further column or is discarded because it does not fit the criteria.

I don’t know if you realize how much you’ve actually done for all the people that have had the good fortune of laying eyes on the pages of TMF…

I owe you big time but for now all I want to say is a humble…THANK YOU, MJ DeMarco!

15. RMarques

RMarques Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $793
    I read the book. Took me two days. I'm a farmer. To say the book was a life changer is an understatement. My mindset has changed. It's tough to be a "hard worker" any more when I KNOW that there's a better life. Time to take some of my work ethic and concentrate it on being free in life.

Thanks for changing my life, MJ. I was finally able to convince my wife to read the book also. She was reluctant... until she read the first chapter. You not only changed our lives.. but you've changed our 7 month old baby boy's life also.

16. Avisto

Avisto Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $773
    Posted this in the Insider Introduction thread, thought it'd be appropriate to repost it here:

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  17. integrity

integrity Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,078
    Just finished reading TMF.

MJ, you've really given me a totally new perspective on the business world. I used to think sitting in a beach, making some cash pushing other people's products was fastlane. I was also hesitant to go for a "real" business because there wasn't really a product or service I liked myself enough to jump in 100%.

Now I know that I need to have full control over my business to get where I want to go, and that it's not about the product or service or about doing what I like -- it's about the process. It's about finding needs; finding what the market wants and delivering.

Thanks MJ.

18. 10lapsdown

10lapsdown New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $98
    Just finished the book.
    It was both confronting and uplifting at the same time. Confronting because it's hard to realise that you were born and raised a Sidewalker. And then to realise that your struggles to move out of that lane is yet another setback called the Slowlane.
    But, it was uplifting because it feels good to know the wrongness in the pit of your stomach is real and not just you being a "dreamer".

Now it's time to execute and get the @#%$ out of this lane!

Thanks MJ.

19. bamboo

bamboo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $799
    Have read it, amazing book. I found that I was starting to develop a similar mindset on my own, but it is great to find a book and community that I can connect with. I am glad I found this at a relatively young age.

20. Gaudeamus

Gaudeamus Three yards and a cloud of dust Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $333
    I finished the book today. It's an amazing book, probably the most important book on true freedom and wealth creation I have read so far.. I have one regret - I wish the book had already been written and I had chosen to read it 30 years ago when I started my working career (I am 54 years old). The book taught me many gems of wisdom which blew my mind. For example:
    • Don't demote time as abundant and effervescent.
    • Don't trade your time for money.
    • Don't use compound interest for wealth, but for income.
    • "Assuming responsibility" without holding oneself accountable doesn't mean sh*t.
    • Don't fuel your motivation by "doing something you love", but fuel it by passion.
    • Don't assign faith to events, but to process.
    • Don't chase a path of money, but a path of need.
    • Use decision tools like Worst Case Consequence Analysis and Weighted Average Decision Matrix to start making better choices
    I could go on and on.This book is a real game changer. It introduced me to a new paradigm, a true path to real wealth and freedom. It already had a tremendous impact on me. I decided to switch to the fastlane, whatever it takes. I already joined a 1-on-1 coaching program offered by an experienced fellow fastlaner and started the process. Hey, Colonel Saunders succeeded with Kentucky Fried Chickens when he was in his sixties, so I'm a spring chicken! I am sure that this forum will help me focus on the essentials, get off my butt and start engaging with the world, but on different terms than my slowlane life so far. I will report.

Anyway, I don't know how to thank you, MJ, for writing this amazing book.

21. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $136,605
    Read the book on my phone last year.

Read the paperback this year.

Now started the audiobook which I highly recommend. It's literally having MJ in your ear while he bends it.

Maybe it's because it's the third time through, or maybe it's because MJ is telling it to me, but things seem to be clicking more. (Could be a year on the forum too I guess.)

Thanks for doing the audio version MJ. I have literally laughed out loud in places.

12+ hours of audio?! Serious respect for recording all of that.

For anyone who's not listened to the book, I highly recommend it.

Oh, and can I have my "Read the Millionaire Fastlane" badge back please? :)

Vigilante, jon.a, sija1 and 1 other person like this.
  22. adinkra

adinkra Constantly improving Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $56
    Finally finished reading it last Saturday! :hurray:

23. Shari

Shari New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $83
    I've read the book! AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! Couldn't read it fast enough - and I finished it in like 2 days. And, already helped a client rethink his business thanks to it. :) He is launching a business solely to make money and really has no problem he's solving. Excited to launch my own business to solve a problem.

24. Swam010

Swam010 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $128
    I read the MFL, ( 3 times in 14 days )

I've read 150 books in the last couple of years, this is one of few that I've read
    and left an imprint in my deep sub-conscious.

The first day after reading half of the book, the morning after, I felt like I was dumped by a girlfriend after a
    long relationship. a sort of " heartbroken"

I know now, that this is because the book helped me realise how I was lying to myself all those years.
    I felt heartbroken because I broke up with my old self, and started a new relationship with
    my future self.

Thank you MJ deMArco, you are on my wall of fame till I die.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  25. Fanny Bomb

Fanny Bomb New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $88
    Read the book a few weeks ago. It was recommended by Hal Elrod (Miracle Morning Creator). Loved the concepts and ideas. Enjoyed the part about looking out for Needs, have been able to come up with lots of ideas from this alone. I now have lots of ideas bouncing around in my head since reading so it really got my creative juices flowing.

I have also found lots of value in this forum since discovering the book. Lots of intelligent people willing to help others. The journey can be lonely away from the herd so its good to have a community of like minded individuals willing each other on.