The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cesar Ramirez

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 21, 2021
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • La estrategia del 5/1/10: cómo este simple ejercicio desenterrará la vida de sus sueños definitivos mientras establece un marco de decisión para su realidad
  • El principio Honeypot: por qué la narrativa de los medios financieros de "invertir $ 100 / mes durante 40 años en fondos indexados" es parte del mismo esquema de carrera de ratas, solo un lado diferente de la misma moneda manipulada.
  • La estrategia de cambio dual: los dos lados divergentes del cambio y cómo puede hacerte una fortuna.
  • La estrategia Value Skew: cómo encontrar literalmente miles de ideas de negocios y por qué nunca necesita "interrumpir" o inventar nada nuevo o novedoso.
  • La estrategia del día de pago del millonario: cómo detectar oportunidades para contratarte a ti mismo y obtener un ingreso millonario instantáneo.
  • El Principio de Cenicienta: Por qué iniciar un negocio basado en una tendencia cultural o una moda pasajera es una idea horrible.
  • La estrategia de la perseverancia: Nunca vuelvas a luchar con la motivación; los cuatro ingredientes necesarios para aprovechar la motivación y determinación ilimitadas, independientemente de los obstáculos en su camino.
  • La estrategia de valor triangulado: aprenda a nunca renunciar a tres pies de oro: la estrategia de 3 puntas para maximizar los rendimientos de marketing al mismo tiempo que ilumina la decisión de "abandonar o continuar".
  • ¡y más de 110+ más!
No permita que la carrera de ratas y sus cómplices proclamen que su vida no es esencial. No deje que la carrera de ratas lo atraiga a salvar su vida por la promesa de una jubilación de edad avanzada. No dejes que la carrera de ratas te lleve a una existencia tediosa medicada por la televisión, los videojuegos y los eventos deportivos triviales.

Vaya sin guión, escape de la carrera de ratas y gane su felices para siempre.

##### DESCARGAR CAPÍTULOS DE MUESTRA
>>> Si desea descargar las primeras 40 páginas, visite aquí.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Great Content, happy to read this gold, planning my steps to achieve my Planasy 1/5/10

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
Read it. The book is an interesting read and importantly: not boring :).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dudu

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Feb 6, 2022
I finished the book last month, I liked the story and the amazing content!

aaronorr90

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 6, 2021

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
This book changed my perspective on so many things and I cannot wait to read it again.

Zwelethu

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jan 28, 2019
Read it once, need an audio book though, to go through it properly.

natashaquinn88

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2021
Hawaii
Hey MJ,

Finished your book! I absolutely loved it. So much value packed into the cover. I read TMF over Christmas on kindle and immediately ordered all 3 of your books hard copy. I received The Great Rat Race Escape before Unscripted so started reading it. I want to join INSIDERS but I will finish Unscripted in no time so that will be possible really soon. Your books inspire me but they also make it clear that inspiration alone will not get you to where you want to go. I work hard and I know I can manifest what I put my mind to. I want freedom from the script. Freedom from this bs rat race. I have ideas swimming around and I have a specialized skill. The pieces are starting to come together. I know this is possible.

Thank you a million times over
~Natasha from Maui

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Just finished the book. Aside from the incredible strategies I am taking action on, that ending to the Trotman's story with what Jeff says at the very end, dude... beyond badass!

Coordin

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
277%
Nov 30, 2021
Finished it yesterday! Putting names and a storyline to the concepts you've discussed in previous books has really helped me understand the Unscripted trajectory. Time to get back to work!

twchristy7

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 30, 2020
New Jersey
I'm on my second read-through of this! I love the format. I found it very helpful to create index cards with each of the principles, strategies, and key concepts.

nkwukachiedu

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 16, 2019
Asaba, Nigeria
What do you get when you mix pure, practical, no-BS business insights and ideas with a very relatable story? Yep, you guessed right! The Great Rat Race Escape is the first business book you should've read and most likely the last you'll need. MJ, you outdid yourself on this...

stormer

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 9, 2021
After the first 2 books, I've read "The Great Rat-Race Escape" as well. It is a wonderful book. It's very nice and narrative. It was very pleasant to turn back to the story of the couple time to time.

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
686%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
I recently listened to it and it's my favorite one of the series

Nate_34

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Dec 27, 2021
I listened to the entire book on Amazon Audible. Awesome stuff. Now I need to go back and read "Unscripted ." But first, "Grit" by Angela Duckworth. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, experience and insights to help guide us on this path!

Nate_34

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Dec 27, 2021
Listened to it on Amazon Audible. 16+ hours. Awesome info, inspiring story. Can't wait to put it to use.

Gave it a 5 star rating on Audible.

FLdetermined

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 30, 2021
I’ve read the Rat-Race Escape. Brilliant read and a great spin on traditional self help literature with fiction/non fiction split. Like the millionaire fastlane and unscripted , will enjoy reading and listening to this over and over

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
I finished the book a couple of months ago. Amazing! Going through it again.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
I read the Great Rat Race Escape just after it came out, but I forgot to post here.

I think I read it within a few days and I liked the Principles/Lessons that were included. The story also got you emotionally invested in the young couple and their dream.

For the cost of a $20 book, you could save yourself years of false starts in business, not to mention a ton of money.

Thank you MJ.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
after certain sentences appears a letter and number, i.e. P17. It looks like it would be a link to a footnote

It references a prior principle or strategy... P17 = Principle 17, S49 = Strategy 49.

Rperrett2

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 8, 2022

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I've read Great Rat Race Escape . I really enjoyed this one and the story that went along with it kept it really entertaining. Another great book to help me through and keep me motivated.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.