• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Introduction I've got nothing to lose

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Cavallie, Jul 6, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Cavallie

Cavallie Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $348
    My father was a genuine psychopath who had always been treating me like shit - he kicked me out 4 months ago. So I went to live at my mother's place (she's a cleaner with low income, so I pitch in on most expenses).

The night that happened, I took a cold shower to calm down. Then I sat down to work. Since that moment I've literally been working 16 hours/day. A couple of weeks later I got a copywriting job at a magazine. To be honest I did it really good. I've always taken a pride in writing well, and I'd also read Ca$hvertising and other books.

Then the owner's spoiled son needed a job during the summer and I got kicked. I've watched his work and it really is just copy-and-paste. Damn nepotism.

At the same time I started a webshop that's failed miserably because its core concept was flawed. I also learned you need to be REALLY careful when choosing business partners...

However, failing that venture learned me a lot about HTML, CSS, WordPress, JavaScript and online marketing (AdWords, split testing etc), and that knowledge will probably benefit me in the future.

Now I've got $350 in my bank account. Can't get a job because I'm under 18, most likely never will because the job market in my country is fucked up (and it certainly won't become better).

But hey, I don't care about that because I don't want to become a wage slave.

I really don't know what I will do now. All I know is that I need to learn and get inspiration.

2. MarekvBeek

MarekvBeek Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,538
    Hey Cavallie,

Welcome to the forum.

You're at the right place here.

You've got definitely experience that most other people don't have. Be proud of that.

Yes indeed, you've got nothing to lose.

You will find a lot of stuff here which you can get inspiration and learn from, you've probably already find out.

Maybe you can try some hustling through craigslist or whatever online marketplace there is in your country?

Flip a bike from 100 to 200 and repeat that 20 times?

Good luck, hope to hear more from you.

MJ DeMarco and Cavallie like this.
  3. Cavallie

Rep Bank:
    $348
    Thank you for the kind words. :)

Craigslist (or at least my country's counterpart to it) is a good idea, and for the last few weeks I've tried to flip some stuff, for example bikes. I've got no knowledge at all about bikes, which isn't the best, but why not try? Feel kinda lost at the moment, so might as well do something. Maybe it's a decent way to fund things that won't pay off immediately (courses, books and stuff).

MarekvBeek likes this.
  4. Cavallie

Rep Bank:
    $348
    I've finished Jonas Schmedtmann's course about responsive web design on Udemy. Great course in my opinion. I already knew most of it , but it was good practice. Thinking about taking his JavaScript course. (I'm also considering taking a course about sales and more business related subjects. Don't know which ones though.)

Last week I've been trying to reach local businesses, pitching them about getting a better website. However the summer holidays are sacred in my country, so it's hard to reach anyone. Sent e-mails though. Here's what I've been trying to appeal to:
    • I'll make their webpage mobile friendly. 50% of internet users are on their phone, so they better be able to enjoy a website as well. Also Google favours responsive sites = more visitors = more business.
    • I'll make their site faster. About 40% of internet users leave if a website loads longer than 3 seconds. Company owners don't want to lose potential customers, right?
    • A modern design generally gives visitors a better impression than a website made 2008.

5. cutthroughstatic

cutthroughstatic I Buy Cars Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,413
    Awesome post!! :thumbsup::smile:

Sounds like you're absolutely in the right place mentally.

MJ talks in TMF about moving to Arizona, living on nothing, and working like hell... because he had nothing to lose.

You're in a better place than most whether you realize it or not. You have the right mindset.

ZF Lee, Christopher777 and MJ DeMarco like this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $229,670
    Admin Post
    Great intro and push to action, I can tell you have the mindset, the drive, and the story to succeed. Keep at it and you will get there. Sounds like you got the head stuff figured out.

ZF Lee, Christopher777 and Cavallie like this.
  7. Cavallie

Rep Bank:
    $348
    Thank you! It's great to hear encouraging words from people, I'm not very used to it. :)

ZF Lee, Christopher777 and SteveO like this.