The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've got nothing to lose

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
My father was a genuine psychopath who had always been treating me like shit - he kicked me out 4 months ago. So I went to live at my mother's place (she's a cleaner with low income, so I pitch in on most expenses).

The night that happened, I took a cold shower to calm down. Then I sat down to work. Since that moment I've literally been working 16 hours/day. A couple of weeks later I got a copywriting job at a magazine. To be honest I did it really good. I've always taken a pride in writing well, and I'd also read Ca$hvertising and other books.

Then the owner's spoiled son needed a job during the summer and I got kicked. I've watched his work and it really is just copy-and-paste. Damn nepotism.

At the same time I started a webshop that's failed miserably because its core concept was flawed. I also learned you need to be REALLY careful when choosing business partners...

However, failing that venture learned me a lot about HTML, CSS, WordPress, JavaScript and online marketing (AdWords, split testing etc), and that knowledge will probably benefit me in the future.

Now I've got $350 in my bank account. Can't get a job because I'm under 18, most likely never will because the job market in my country is f*cked up (and it certainly won't become better).

But hey, I don't care about that because I don't want to become a wage slave.

I really don't know what I will do now. All I know is that I need to learn and get inspiration.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hey Cavallie,

Welcome to the forum.

You're at the right place here.

You've got definitely experience that most other people don't have. Be proud of that.

Yes indeed, you've got nothing to lose.

You will find a lot of stuff here which you can get inspiration and learn from, you've probably already find out.

Maybe you can try some hustling through craigslist or whatever online marketplace there is in your country?

Flip a bike from 100 to 200 and repeat that 20 times?

Good luck, hope to hear more from you.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Hey Cavallie,

Welcome to the forum.

You're at the right place here.

You've got definitely experience that most other people don't have. Be proud of that.

Yes indeed, you've got nothing to lose.

You will find a lot of stuff here which you can get inspiration and learn from, you've probably already find out.

Maybe you can try some hustling through craigslist or whatever online marketplace there is in your country?

Flip a bike from 100 to 200 and repeat that 20 times?

Good luck, hope to hear more from you.
Thank you for the kind words. :)

Craigslist (or at least my country's counterpart to it) is a good idea, and for the last few weeks I've tried to flip some stuff, for example bikes. I've got no knowledge at all about bikes, which isn't the best, but why not try? Feel kinda lost at the moment, so might as well do something. Maybe it's a decent way to fund things that won't pay off immediately (courses, books and stuff).

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
I've finished Jonas Schmedtmann's course about responsive web design on Udemy. Great course in my opinion. I already knew most of it , but it was good practice. Thinking about taking his JavaScript course. (I'm also considering taking a course about sales and more business related subjects. Don't know which ones though.)

Last week I've been trying to reach local businesses, pitching them about getting a better website. However the summer holidays are sacred in my country, so it's hard to reach anyone. Sent e-mails though. Here's what I've been trying to appeal to:
  • I'll make their webpage mobile friendly. 50% of internet users are on their phone, so they better be able to enjoy a website as well. Also Google favours responsive sites = more visitors = more business.
  • I'll make their site faster. About 40% of internet users leave if a website loads longer than 3 seconds. Company owners don't want to lose potential customers, right?
  • A modern design generally gives visitors a better impression than a website made 2008.

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
Awesome post!! :thumbsup::smile:

Sounds like you're absolutely in the right place mentally.

MJ talks in TMF about moving to Arizona, living on nothing, and working like hell... because he had nothing to lose.

You're in a better place than most whether you realize it or not. You have the right mindset.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro and push to action, I can tell you have the mindset, the drive, and the story to succeed. Keep at it and you will get there. Sounds like you got the head stuff figured out.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Great intro and push to action, I can tell you have the mindset, the drive, and the story to succeed. Keep at it and you will get there. Sounds like you got the head stuff figured out.

Thank you! It's great to hear encouraging words from people, I'm not very used to it. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...