The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this the right place for me?

Hester

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Dec 19, 2018
Switzerland
So I read the books. Stumbled upon the first one by coincidence and I found it so inspirational that I read 'Unscripted ' as well. It made me think about my business (actually more a job in Fastlane terms) in a different way.

I am a naturopath, living and working in my brick and mortar practice since 2007. Since last year I have been specializing in fertility problems and have great succes with my clients. Don't want to brag but the percentage of women falling pregnant with my methods far surpasses that of IVF clinics.

I love my job, I love working with my clients. The down parts are of course; time prostitution, limited fee I can ask per hour (I am reimbursed by insurance), the paperwork for the insurances, it's tiring to see a lot of clients per day.

So I read the books, trying to figure out if there was a way to make my job/business (I am independent) more fastlane. And there actually is: most women could do without me if I would explain exactly what and how to release their blocks to pregnancy and how to get their body in top fertile shape within three months.

I could create a video course with weekly assigments, a process to follow. I know exactly how and what, I have been doing this one on one.

And I could only take the difficult cases (I already do also Skype/Zoom sessions) for which I would charge more.

Where I am a bit in the dark is all the techical things (how to make these videos, which platforms to use, the testing and the marketing.. I don't do any marketing whatsoever right now, people come to me by referral only).

So I don't know if this forum is the right place for me. I am not much of an entrepreneur, am quite flower power, so this is a bit of a mindshift...
I don't know if I could even give advice to anyone else (although for the openminded, the creation of a business is very much to me like the creation of a child, you need fertile ground and you can create that by your actions and emotions).

Thank you for reading this till the end!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Welcome Hester,

As I was reading your story my mind was jumping one step ahead on each point and then seeing you had come to the same conclusion on the next paragraph.

I take it that your main work is concerned with diet, herbalism? Stress relief ? No hands on requirements like acupuncture or Bowen Therapy etc.. so it would lend itself well to a course.

I'm currently building out an online course. You can either host the content on your own website or use third party companies who do all the technical stuff for you and ensure that everything runs smoothly.

Take a look at teachable as a hosting platform.

There are plenty of video tutorials online. You will need a quality mic but they aren't very expensive and if you don't have a video camera you could use your smartphone if it is up to the mark and record the sound separately to sync later or purchase something a little more suitable that will allow you to connect the microphone to.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I love my job, I love working with my clients.

Score! Congrats!

So I don't know if this forum is the right place for me. I am not much of an entrepreneur, am quite flower power, so this is a bit of a mindshift...

Entrepreneurship is a learned skill. And if fertility is your focus, that's quite a large market. You could definitely create a side business to supplement your job, which btw, you already love. You've won half the game.

Welcome to the forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hester

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Dec 19, 2018
Switzerland
Thank you, will take a look at teachable, am also looking into kajabi. A bit nervous about the whole thing (out of my comfort zone) but also exited. Yes, I use diet, herbs, stress relief and hypnotherapy. I actually should test the whole course out if it will work when 'impersonal'..

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
And I could only take the difficult cases (I already do also Skype/Zoom sessions) for which I would charge more.

I wonder if you can see possibilities in parts of the business model this hypnotherapist uses? It's not a perfect example for you, but she came into my mind.

https://www.marisapeer.com/

When I watch her talks, I WANT what she's offering...but she clearly only works one-to-one with the very rich.
See her other offerings.
(I'm not necessarily saying you need to do stand-up talks like she does - but your videos will serve the same purpose).

Don't think that as a Naturopath you can't make a lot of money for moral reasons (I think you feel this when you say you are "Flower Power"?
You can help more people. By being an entreprener. Here are your "price points"; and "sales funnel"; Some people will upgrade from a cheaper one to a more expensive one:

Very low cost - write a book. Look at Mr DeMarco's books, self-published.
Low cost - your online courses.
For the better off - one-to-one by Skype.
For the very rich - consult with you face-to-face.

Hester

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Dec 19, 2018
Switzerland
I wonder if you can see possibilities in parts of the business model this hypnotherapist uses? It's not a perfect example for you, but she came into my mind.

https://www.marisapeer.com/

Funny you mention Marisa, I am training with her. She has extraordinary skills, and her way of hypnotherapy is very effective. I will use this for my one on one clients. I also use two other techniques (the emotion code and the body code). A bit more of a challenge to incorporate this into a general video course but it can be done..

And yes, you're totally right; for years I have suffered from the 'I have to heal everybody for free' syndrome. But after working many hours for nothing and realising that you can't really make a difference for the very depressed (who often have no money to pay you) and that anything for free/cheap is generally not appreciated, I am kinda over this, lol..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...