The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this normal?

Anything related to matters of the mind

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Let me give you an analogy...

Your entire life you've been peddling a bicycle... and you're used to a certain SPEED. And you are used to peddling, working hard...

And then suddenly, you sit yourself in a Tesla and can't believe how fast you can go, not to mention, it has an autodrive.

To answer your question, yes it is normal to "wake up" and realized you've been peddling your life away on a bicycle. The answer is to get off the bicycle and build yourself a Tesla.

I remember my Tesla moment many decades ago as my income when from thousands to tens of thousands in a matter of months, and let me tell ya, the feeling when that "overdrive" hits is incredible.

Welcome to the forum.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Lots of questions.
I guess you’d have to start a business and focus on getting customers.
Once you know how much you make per sale, then you can add a number to the misterious $7000.

Ie: I need to get 20 clients for $7k

Although everybody has monetary goals, focus on providing real value first.

You can make 7k selling hand drawnempty bottles. It shouldn’t matter that much, as long as it follows the CENTS commandments for potential upside.

good luck with your ventures.

edit: scroll down.. next post is better:rofl:

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
Let me give you an analogy...

Your entire life you've been peddling a bicycle... and you're used to a certain SPEED. And you are used to peddling, working hard...

And then suddenly, you sit yourself in a Tesla and can't believe how fast you can go, not to mention, it has an autodrive.

To answer your question, yes it is normal to "wake up" and realized you've been peddling your life away on a bicycle. The answer is to get off the bicycle and build yourself a Tesla.

I remember my Tesla moment many decades ago as my income when from thousands to tens of thousands in a matter of months, and let me tell ya, the feeling when that "overdrive" hits is incredible.

Welcome to the forum.
hahaha, I like that analogy, especially because a tesla S class/Roadster is like my version of your Lamborghini Countach. I guess with answers from both posts its seems like it's less about the mindset of if it's possible and more of a build something that can get your a$$ to 0-60 in 2.3 seconds and worry about the bits and pieces of that plan. Rather than think about if reaching that number seems foreign.

and thank you glad to be here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
Hi everybody,

I am fairly new on the road of entrepreneurship. Though I have past experience starting low rent businesses that only ever saw minor success making around $2,000 DJing various weddings and events and building a few websites for some small businesses though I would not call this significant experience. Despite that, for some reason, the idea of starting a business and making not just a little money but more money than I have ever made in my life (currently the most I have ever made in a month is 5500 before taxes) seems so foreign. Simply the concept of seeing even 7,000 hit my bank account from a business seems so wild to me, though I would love to see it happen. So my question is for those who have more experience in this, did the idea of making money from your business ventures ever seem foreign to you, and if your mindset did shift what was the moment that it did? Did you always feel like it was the most natural thing in the world to be paid for the value you provided in your businesses?

The reason I am asking this is that I want to know if this is simply a normal part of the journey of entrepreneurship or if there is some issue of my mindset that I need to address.

Thanks for reading and whatever feedback you choose to leave

Steeltip

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.