The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this already proof on concept

Marketing, social media, advertising
D

Deleted85763

Hey guys,

I am following this forum constantly since a couple of years. I was fascinating about MJ's books and these opened my eyes immediately. Whatever, in the beginning I wanted to start but I didn't know how and with what.

I have started now (end of last year) a fashion company. Some of smart marketers here in this forum advised that in the first place you don't need stock, just have one sample and try to sell it to just to understand proof of concept.

So my fashion product is an expensive one. It is high quality production and I will serve people who are looking for quality, design and luxury. But this is very difficult, because you are competing with a lot of established brands.

I did a landing page and walked traffic and leads through facebook ads to that page. Conversion was okay but I think nothing extraordinary. But I got some leads. What astonished me was that one client called me to ask me for the price, because in the beginning I didn't had a price tag on that product. Just wanted to market the product in the first place.

So are these conversions proof of concept and is it time to build my stock?
What kind of ways could be of interest to market an expensive fashion product?
Proof of concept is actually selling some units and knowing just by that that you can sell a lot more. By "selling" I mean someone has paid you money for your product and you made a profit. If this happens then you have proof. If you can sell 10 then you can sell 100. If you can sell 100 you can sell 1000 and so on. That's the concept. I know someone who sold about 100 original music compact disks. He wanted to make a living doing it and he knew that if he sold 100 he could sell a million. That is true. But he was unwilling to put in the work actually doing it. Marketing is very boring, uninspiring long hours of work but it is essential to financial success.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael PS

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Sep 11, 2019
Germany
Hey guys,

I am following this forum constantly since a couple of years. I was fascinating about MJ's books and these opened my eyes immediately. Whatever, in the beginning I wanted to start but I didn't know how and with what.

I have started now (end of last year) a fashion company. Some of smart marketers here in this forum advised that in the first place you don't need stock, just have one sample and try to sell it to just to understand proof of concept.

So my fashion product is an expensive one. It is high quality production and I will serve people who are looking for quality, design and luxury. But this is very difficult, because you are competing with a lot of established brands.

I did a landing page and walked traffic and leads through facebook ads to that page. Conversion was okay but I think nothing extraordinary. But I got some leads. What astonished me was that one client called me to ask me for the price, because in the beginning I didn't had a price tag on that product. Just wanted to market the product in the first place.

So are these conversions proof of concept and is it time to build my stock?
What kind of ways could be of interest to market an expensive fashion product?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.