The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is there special kinda genes ?!

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
People often talk about genes as if they're written in stone and unchangeable from birth, but the truth is your genes are more dynamic than static. The food you eat, your mindset, the amount of physical activity you get all contribute to your genetic makeup which is constantly subject to change.

This is why our early years are so crucial in our development. Children who's parents read to them and surround them with things that facilitate learning, as opposed to parents who give them attention and just let them watch TV, develop more neuron connections in their brains, and thus grow up to be more intelligent, have more successful careers, make more money, and overall have higher satisfaction in life.

But to answer your question, I can't really tell you why your friend is the way she is. I can't tell you why I come from a family of people who love sports and being outside, my parents and sister are all extroverted and very social, yet I grew up being shy and introverted, and loving video games, computers and science.

Don't worry about your's or your friend's genes to much. The most fundamental concept I've learned from the Fastlane is that we have the ability to change ourselves and better our lives quickly if we desire.

I don't know how feminist this board is so I will disclaim the following with "no offense intended" but from an evolutionary point of view, males are bred to hunt, to gather, to provide. Females are bred to give birth to new generations of the family. That is evolutionary psychology at its barest.

That's actually wrong because in hunter-gather societies the roles of men and women were a lot more equal and fluid. There are many theories that men were predominately hunters and women were predominately gatherers, which would make women equally if not more valuable in providing food. But this isn't relevant in today's industrialized society, where men and women are capable of the same kinds of work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
I also want to add, and I am glad I preinfused the thread with the link about a 97-3 percentage gender split about divorce... because women have a huge advantage over men in 2017. If all their ventures don't work out, they can just marry into money, and pretty much divorce instantly and BOOM... rich. In some cases they get lifetime alimony as well, but in the worst case scenario they are going to get a 50% cut in Europe and 50% of whatever assets were created as a married couple in North America.

If anything this should create more inspiration to go out and create their own fastlanes, because they have that to fall back on if they don't end up in a fastlane, imagine where you would get to with a huge safety net? On top of that, feminism is creating rather silly situations forcing men out of the workplace or introducing one sided sexual harrasment laws... there should be way more women in a fastlane by 2027 than men at present. A friend of mine told me the other day (City worker, London) that HR sent a note advising men to not even apply to certain roles if there were female applicants as it could be perceived as "promoting old fashioned and out dates sexist values" if they even created competition.

FWIW I want to see women succeed and I think everyone is a human = everyone is equal = but I don't think going from male dominated industrys to female dominated industries just to satisfy an overall view of feminism is either equal nor progress.

As for gender, in some fastlanes you CANNOT succeed as a man. If you disgree I challenge you to write paranormal romance and release it as a male pen name ;)

I am glad I have no colleagues and competitionto worry about.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
As for gender, in some fastlanes you CANNOT succeed as a man. If you disgree I challenge you to write paranormal romance and release it as a male pen name

There are already men doing this. They use pen names.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I think the male/female aspect of all this is really silly to even be discussing.

It's nonsense.
Poppycock.
Bullshit.

The reason is simple - because this is a business forum about entrepreneurship.

We're all here BECAUSE we don't want to fit into the normal models of behavior.

Entrepreneurship is about individualism.
About breaking free of societal norms.
About saying "to hell with statistics".

Statistics and norms and all that are fascinating things but they only matter in the macro sense when talking about tendencies of large groups of people. They fall apart when discussing individuals.

If anyone on this forum cared about the macro, none of us would have started businesses. The statistics around starting a business is really, really clear - you'd be a damn fool to play those odds.

But at some point we DID start a business.
Or will be shortly.
Because we decided NOT to be normal.

So yeah - who cares what women normally do? Or men.
Or Indians. Or blacks.
Or the poor. Or the middle class
Or the physically disabled? Or those with mental illness?

Starting a business is the least likely behavior of almost every statistical grouping on this planet.
Let's not go blaming race/sex/religion/situation for anything here.
If it's not "this", then it would be "that" because what we do isn't normal and not for most people regardless of the profile you filter them through.

This isn't an issue with someone being female.
It's an issue of someone acting entirely normal about something that only us abnormal minority engage in.

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
So yeah - who cares what women normally do? Or men.
Or Indians. Or blacks.
Or the poor. Or the middle class
Or the physically disabled? Or those with mental illness?

Starting a business is the least likely behavior of almost every statistical grouping on this planet.
Let's not go blaming race/sex/religion/situation for anything here.
If it's not "this", then it would be "that" because what we do isn't normal and not for most people regardless of the profile you filter them through.

I don't have much experience in business but this applies to many areas in life. Its easier for men to bench press 250lbs than it is for women. But that shouldn't be an excuse for women who are into powerlifting to be lazy and stop training. Blaming genetics/race/sex/other people is easier than working hard.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
If anyone on this forum cared about the macro, none of us would have started businesses. The statistics around starting a business is really, really clear - you'd be a damn fool to play those odds.

Pick the gumball machine with the most golden gumballs, and play that SOB until it gives you one!

Man @JAJT , you're on a roll lately with your comments!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I'm loving the debate that's going on in this post.

As a woman who comes from a non-entrepreneurial family from as far back as I can get, I would be inclined to say that the drive to succeed as an entrepreneur is neither down to genetics or gender. However, this thread has made me think about it at a much deeper level. The truth is when I think about my family, they're all very subdued and will tend to run and hide if it looks like there's half the chance they're going to be asked to stand on their own two feet and lead something (I don't mean that as harshly as it sounds!). For a long time I felt that made me a black sheep, however observing their behaviour lately I've come to realise that it's not necessarily they don't want more for themselves, it's just it's too painful for them to do it. They like their comfortable and predictable lives.

In contrast, I'm quite the opposite. I want more for myself and it is too painful for me to not take action and try things. The difference is less to do with genetics and more to do with who I've been around. From a young age I was involved in competitive track and field and that allowed me to be around people who pushed themselves beyond our normal limits. I saw there was more to life than just making do and it lit a fire in me that I've carried through other things I've done. In contrast, the majority of my family have quite solitary hobbies which means they've never really had someone to switch that on for them... hence how we're grown in very different ways.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
My mom is convinced it's another scam GURU book like them millions out there, no matter how many times i told her this one is special...

Maybe she'll read it once i succeed in the fastlane?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
the first time I laid my eyes on Fastlane book I couldn't blink until I finished the first three chapters and within less than ten days I was finished with the whole book and started rereading it Until I got Unscripted , I started thinking and dreaming of my future business and my retirement plan at age 30 and everything is so cool and things are going great am about to launch my first MVP in the next week and we will see how things will go from then .

I see people here in this forum with a highly fired up souls and I can understand and relate but what I do not understand Is how can someone Not be !

I gave my friend Fastlane book a month ago and she didn't even finished the introduction part !
I keep nagging on her but she seems just not interested -no offence MJ -

So what's the issue ?! Is there really special genes within people to seek more in life reach autonomy and release their scripted mind or maybe some life events is responsible for making us so !?

Yes, this is not for everyone, it's the 1 percent for a reason and I'll be the first to admit I'm gifted in ways most people are not and could probably never become. That's life. I suck at a lot of other stuff too.

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
My mom is convinced it's another scam GURU book like them millions out there, no matter how many times i told her this one is special...

Maybe she'll read it once i succeed in the fastlane?

this 'Maybe' implicit a very high probability , but keep in mind as you grow old your mom is growing old too

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
There are already men doing this. They use pen names.
Given you have to interact with your audience to build a following, and now people are demanding VSL's and skype sessions, how exactly does a man pretending to be a woman through a pen name, interact with their audience?

Believe me I speak from experience, I have 11 female pen names currently in my Amazon KDP arsenal, and I am a male.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
Given you have to interact with your audience to build a following, and now people are demanding VSL's and skype sessions, how exactly does a man pretending to be a woman through a pen name, interact with their audience?.

Beats me. You're the one with 11 pen names. Do you have a following already under each of those names? I would think managing a following for 11 pen names would be the bigger issue. But I'm not in the business of writing.

Also, I've never read a romance novel. My mom and sister used to read those books all the time and I never understood the appeal. We can call that a genetic abnormality, I guess ;)

So with the caveat that I know nothing of authorship or romance novels... I would imagine if you already have a following, people are drawn to your products and care less about you the author than your work. I actually think the story of how you're a male writing successful books aimed at what's traditionally a women's market could be compelling in itself as part of your marketing, if done right.

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
Not being funny here but if you have never read a romance novel let alone authored or marketed one, how can you be in the position to answer advice from someone who has, with statements like

"There are already men doing this. They use pen names."

"I actually think the story of how you're a male writing successful books aimed at what's traditionally a women's market could be compelling in itself"

It isn't. I got nothing but grief from both female audience and other writers. Along with feminist rants left on my books (back when you could leave reviews without even buying them (only took Amazon 4 years to fix this) such as "I feel deeply offended that a man should be able to exploit a genre designed for women" which is a highly sexist comment in itself, basically stating that it is not ok for men to like paranormal romance. Add in that a lot of the werewolf sex scenes in said genre are on the limit of rape, then look at that situation written from a man... you are just looking for trouble. My bad, I was chasing money and not giving people what they want, because paranormal romance readers DO NOT WANT men to write their books.

There are tried and tested methods for building followings such as hosting book signing events. Again, hard to host a book signing event when your pen name is called Elizabeth and you are called Jeremy.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
Not being funny here but if you have never read a romance novel let alone authored or marketed one, how can you be in the position to answer advice from someone who has, with statements like
"There are already men doing this. They use pen names."

How do I know there are people using pen names without having read their books? Really?

I'll spell it out for you: it's the same way I know there's a continent called Africa, even though I haven't ever set foot on it.

You asked me a question so I gave you an answer, and qualified it. Listen to me, don't listen to me. I don't care. Why are you asking ME why your business model isn't working for you?

Last edited:

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
I'm not asking you, I am telling you that IT DOESN'T WORK but you keep arguing with me even though you have ZERO experience in the KDP field.

I'm done in this thread.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
I'm not asking you, I am telling you that IT DOESN'T WORK but you keep arguing with me even though you have ZERO experience in the KDP field.

I'm done in this thread.

When you wrote: how exactly does a man pretending to be a woman through a pen name, interact with their audience? and described a marketing problem because of 11 pen names and an audience of women who think you're one of them, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and treated it as though it might be an actual question about a problem you seem to be facing. I didn't realize you were lecturing me in the form of a rhetorical question.

Last edited:

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
I don't know how feminist this board is so I will disclaim the following with "no offense intended" but from an evolutionary point of view...
I think that would fall under "politics", as evidenced by the complete derail to the discussion that followed.

Personally I think it's a combination of genes and upbringing that make you more likely to question and be dissatisfied with the system and have a "F*ck This Event"(FTE). If you've never had an FTE, you just won't be able to see the point.

Shortypants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 15, 2017
NL
the first time I laid my eyes on Fastlane book I couldn't blink until I finished the first three chapters and within less than ten days I was finished with the whole book and started rereading it Until I got Unscripted , I started thinking and dreaming of my future business and my retirement plan at age 30 and everything is so cool and things are going great am about to launch my first MVP in the next week and we will see how things will go from then .

I see people here in this forum with a highly fired up souls and I can understand and relate but what I do not understand Is how can someone Not be !

I gave my friend Fastlane book a month ago and she didn't even finished the introduction part !
I keep nagging on her but she seems just not interested -no offence MJ -

So what's the issue ?! Is there really special genes within people to seek more in life reach autonomy and release their scripted mind or maybe some life events is responsible for making us so !?
I have been studying evolutionary psychology for about two years now out of my own interest, and what I can tell you is that there is no such thing as 'a gene for entrepeneurship'.
You must understand the sheer amount of variables that are at play here.

Every single gene has an effect on what another gene does, making it very hard to discover which genes are for what.

There are a lot of other factors that make it even more complicated, but that doesn't even matter because:

Some genes aren't even activated in certain environments.
It's possible that there is a gene that raises the avarage chance of becoming an entrepeneur, however this would still be dependent on the environment of the individual.

Also, humans are ''designed'' to be irrational.
If everybody was rational, then everybody would be easily manipulated.

In conclusion there are an infinite amount of variables when talking about a 'gene for entrepeneurship'. It is highly plausible that there are genes that raise the avarage chance on will become an entrepeneur, but knowing this is alnost impossible and not very useful.

(P.S. It is possible to have the data of your genes examined and sent to you. What is remarkable is that the price has gone down from 100M to only 10K in three decades. Just don't show the data to any insurance company [emoji6])

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

Shortypants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 15, 2017
NL
People often talk about genes as if they're written in stone and unchangeable from birth, but the truth is your genes are more dynamic than static. The food you eat, your mindset, the amount of physical activity you get all contribute to your genetic makeup which is constantly subject to change.

This is why our early years are so crucial in our development. Children who's parents read to them and surround them with things that facilitate learning, as opposed to parents who give them attention and just let them watch TV, develop more neuron connections in their brains, and thus grow up to be more intelligent, have more successful careers, make more money, and overall have higher satisfaction in life.

But to answer your question, I can't really tell you why your friend is the way she is. I can't tell you why I come from a family of people who love sports and being outside, my parents and sister are all extroverted and very social, yet I grew up being shy and introverted, and loving video games, computers and science.

Don't worry about your's or your friend's genes to much. The most fundamental concept I've learned from the Fastlane is that we have the ability to change ourselves and better our lives quickly if we desire.

That's actually wrong because in hunter-gather societies the roles of men and women were a lot more equal and fluid. There are many theories that men were predominately hunters and women were predominately gatherers, which would make women equally if not more valuable in providing food. But this isn't relevant in today's industrialized society, where men and women are capable of the same kinds of work.
Finally someone who looks at the truth and doesn't start their sentences with: I think...

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

this is gene for 80 % of the equation.

truth is out there but people will react in different ways when facing it

for example:

if i say " here is a logical thing , what will you do with that ? "

then we can predict people's general response and behaviours with accuracy.

---> 80 % of people don't care,

they follow society's patterns imposed on them. they want to be loved instead of looking for the right thing to endorse

they will answer " i don't care about your logical thing , i am a robot in a system put in place by masters. i have no future

i am an insult to human intelligence and dignity. leave me alone
"

----> only 20 % of people will say " wait a minute, yes , we must acknowledge this logical thing !!"

this is not BS at all.

this is researched things : MBTI theory, NSA 's work , and so on

we found ( theory of the tipping point ) that we only need the action and beliefs of 10 % of the population to transform society

these 10 % are superior to the 90 % in terms of impact.

that's why a small percentage of people are masters of the crowd.

the good news is that anybody with a brain can copy the Master's blueprint to obtain power.

we can't let stupid people win. this is insane.

Shortypants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 15, 2017
NL
this is gene for 80 % of the equation.

truth is out there but people will react in different ways when facing it

for example:

if i say " here is a logical thing , what will you do with that ? "

then we can predict people's general response and behaviours with accuracy.

---> 80 % of people don't care,

they follow society's patterns imposed on them. they want to be loved instead of looking for the right thing to endorse

they will answer " i don't care about your logical thing , i am a robot in a system put in place by masters. i have no future

i am an insult to human intelligence and dignity. leave me alone
"

----> only 20 % of people will say " wait a minute, yes , we must acknowledge this logical thing !!"

this is not BS at all.

this is researched things : MBTI theory, NSA 's work , and so on

we found ( theory of the tipping point ) that we only need the action and beliefs of 10 % of the population to transform society

these 10 % are superior to the 90 % in terms of impact.

that's why a small percentage of people are masters of the crowd.

the good news is that anybody with a brain can copy the Master's blueprint to obtain power.

we can't let stupid people win. this is insane.

80% source?

Mr.Rob

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Aug 17, 2017
Florida
Really interesting weigh in's from the actual female entrepreneurs on the boards. I must say the female members on here have a far above average healthy perspective on the gender issue without going into the instant knee jerk mainstream feminist PC shaming programming the media tries to instill (the recent Google Memo incident comes to mind as an example). Though being that most entrepreneurs going their own way are also free thinkers this doesn't surprise me. Anyway kudo's to healthy perspectives and non PC attitude on here, I just keep liking this forum more and more. You gal's are badasses.

With regards to why isn't everyone interested in forging their way on the fastlane,

Just statistically speaking most people don't have ambitions to be anything more than average. It's just not something they really consider as they go about thinking predominantly about how they will get through the day and all the petty decisions that go with it.

It is much easier from a mental point to have 9-5 security (albeit illusory security), not have to think critically for themselves (because thinking is a LOT of hard work), and lastly its just plain scary to challenge all your pre-held beliefs and rewire everything you've considered to be the "best way of doing things" (since that'd mean you'd done it wrong all along).

-Rob

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.