The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

WEB/DIGITAL Is there any free e-commerce platform?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

salmonjames

New Contributor
Jan 12, 2017
United States
Actually I want to start my own online business. I have been looking for such a platform that is good as well as free. I know this may sound strange but to be honest, I want something that takes nothing from me.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
You need to spend money to make money. My humble opinion.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
User is banned. Lying about his location, most likely a set-up question for spam.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

applesack

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
I almost always use Magento (free), but on a couple of occasions have used the very cool GumRoad service (ecom + merchant in one) but... I have been interested in OpenCart for years. @MJ DeMarco, Can you tell us where you use OpenCart?

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
What exactly is "free"?

I have two stores on Magento. That's free.

Except the high quality Magento specific hosting, £xxxx+ modules required to make it best in industry, numerous £££ to developer, £60 /mo for reviews integration, £30 /mo exit intent etc etc. The list goes on.

My third store is on Opencart. Also free.

Also cost £xxxxx in modules, developer alterations, hosting etc. Etc.

I highly reccomend getting going with a $30 /mo Shopify or similar SaaS to get off the ground quickly. It's cheaper than free.

Last edited:

applesack

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
Except the high quality Magento specific hosting...

I use Sonassi for hosting... but am always looking for options. If I could pry... what is the Magento specific hosting you use?

I highly reccomend getting going with a $30 /mo Shopify or similar SaaS to get off the ground quickly. It's cheaper than free.

Yes, I agree (except that I don't like Shopify for SEO and cranky checkout)... Whenever I can I use gumroad. It is basically free as they only really charge for a very easy to setup merchant account, and you can drop your products and checkout anywhere. However, be aware that gumroad is really only made for single item sales... but if that works, its absolutely fantastic.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

Sponsored Offers

Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Text... (via @Black_Dragon43 ) A forum user recently said something poignant. "Don't ask a...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
With 300+ students, the method and/or main sources of traffic don't saturate? Seems web design...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom