The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is there a place where you can trade services with people?

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
For example:

I really want to meet someone who knows coding.

I'm very knowledgeable on exercise/fitness/nutrition, and I'm a good writer.

So I offer to help someone get in shape or offer to write for them in exchange for coding help. Does anything like this exist?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Hi,

I thought your question was really interesting. I did a quick search and came up with this - http://www.swapright.com/

Hope to see a lot of activity in this thread!

Awesome thank you for finding that. I spent a good 15 mins googling stuff about trading but could only find investment stuff :). Good find.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't know about you guys, but I think that website/concept could be redone and turned fastlane...;)

I was thinking about that a couple weeks ago when I was first looking for this type of thing. I thought there was nothing out there and that it'd be a great idea for a website to match people who needed different services. This website looks decent, but it doesn't look like too many people are on it.

I've got my hands full with my main project anyways :woot:

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
I was thinking about that a couple weeks ago when I was first looking for this type of thing. I thought there was nothing out there and that it'd be a great idea for a website to match people who needed different services. This website looks decent, but it doesn't look like too many people are on it.

I've got my hands full with my main project anyways :woot:
Aha! Someone needs to put it in the "Fastlane Ideas: Executioner Needed" section. ;)

G

GuestUser116

I need facebook likes on my page. In return I'll design you a 2D and 3D book cover; look on my progress thread to see some covers I've made.

MattL

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 31, 2014
Finland
I think that's a very interesting concept, but that site that is posted has a lot of flaws...

As an example, the whole site seems to cater to the whole world, which doesn't seem that clever imo...
Also the website design is ugly, and for me it looks untrustworthy.

Yury

fancy slogan
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 12, 2013
Yeah the idea is good and it will surely work totally cool one day, I think many of us members of this forum thought of smth like that at some point.

I especially like the fact (quite old one, I think I first heard about it like 10 years ago) that if you start a Skills Exchange project and it does not work, you can always pivot it and start a totally different project with the same domain name! (because you can read skillsexchange in a different way lol)

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
@Yury never though I would see someone with the same name as me on here lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.