The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Psycho-Cybernetics still a good read, or pseudoscience & outdated?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Darwin Diaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jul 29, 2022
I keep hearing this book being recommended and it has been around for a long time...

It kind of reminds me of my own book which has been out for 10+ years, and people continue to hear it recommended here and there, and ultimately break down and get it.

I need to bite the bullet and check it out.
It is absolutely worth it.

Psycho-Cybernetics is a resource to shift your paradigm (So are books that a lot of people consider woo-woo magic books like Think and Grow Rich, etc etc)

@Fox knows the power of belief and in his course content actually speaks about things like affirmation and visualization (was a while since I was in the web school, but he broke it down into logical explanations)

The power of shifting your paradigm is profound. For example look at this chart:

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 12.07.23 PM.png

I've used the concepts to go from a failure in car flipping to having it be my first successful business venture.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I'll be as short as possible. I've seen good results not only of feeling better but visualization helped me do well at a job interview where I had to speak english (which I read and write every day but almost never speak) and german (which I have never spoken for more than a minute or two perhaps, just do study consistently).

Walking in the beach, I made the picture in my mind of what I would mostly say, in the picture I was relaxed all the time, happy.

Lo and behold I spoke english like it was nothing, and the business owner (not HR) that was doing the interview said my german was good (it meant a lot to me).

I only focused during all the interview in sending my muscles the signal to relax. It lasted 1 hour and basically got the job and will be going to work in Switzerland if all goes well (a dream of mine coming true).

The second thing is more personal: I've got a friend who died six years ago in a very silly and irresponsible way (doing drugs without any regard for safety). Leaving a 1 year old baby girl.

After the pain went away, I got mad, angry at him for how he died. Even until recently I was angry, even knowing it makes no sense to be mad at a person who died many years ago. But logic wouldn't change anything.

So I did some visualization, I went to his death scene (he drowned in a pool doing ketamine), watched everything as vividly as possible. But this time I saw his soul ascending to heaven, and a couple of angels guiding him. I also added a scene of him walking in heaven with Jesus. Even writing this makes me kind of emotional. (I might have made images of me actually forgiving him and smiling, I don't remember exactly everything I saw).

The thing is, now I wrote the mother of his girl and made plans to see them this weekend (they sent me invitations for her birthday to be representing their dad and I didn't even answer her message, that's how irrationally angry I was).

To my view, this has helped me tremendously to forgive him. And who knows what kind of damage I was getting by staying mad for so long, It can't be good for health both mentally and physically.

So yeah, this post got a little long already, but that has been my experience with the book. So far very positive and I aim to keep using the power of visualization since so far has been working great. Totally recommend the book 100%.

Last edited:

Dmorr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Dec 31, 2017
North Texas
I keep hearing this book being recommended and it has been around for a long time...

It kind of reminds me of my own book which has been out for 10+ years, and people continue to hear it recommended here and there, and ultimately break down and get it.

I need to bite the bullet and check it out.
You won’t be disappointed

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia
Fantastic book so far

Currently 1/3rd in and it has given me so much value!
I picked it up because I must improve my self-esteem and live more in the present.

Quote from that chapter
"When you set a goal, It's very important to keep in mind that most of the time you will be in "journey mode". This means you will be focused on the process and the actions you need to take to get where you want to go- most of the time. If your goal is to climb Mount Everest, and you are only thinking about being at the top, you "jam" your success mechanism in the present. You've got to take care of each step along the way. Focus on the journey the majority of the time- and occasionally (once or twice per day when you visualize) tune into you goals."

It is so obvious, but it still pinched me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.