The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

is opening an sell for you, ebay store any good?

lobster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Oct 23, 2007
i dont know if this is a repost but is those sell for you ebay stores any good. customers bring stuff in. i will sell it for them for a 30% or so fee. :confused: is it worth it? any suggestions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

werbl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
May 3, 2008
Racine, WI
Hmm, I think it depends on the market. A few years back I looked into being a franchisee for one of those places. I forget which one I was looking into - one of the two main companies... I think it was called YOU SOLD IT or something like that. I went in and talked to the manager at a YOU SOLD IT in a nearby town, just asking random questions about the franchise etc. He basically told me that the initial franchise fee was $100,000 or so, and that the company comes in, sets up your location, provides training etc. But, he said that he was willing to sell HIS particular franchise location for $25,000. In the end I decided against the idea, that sale price immediately raised a red flag. If his business were profitable, why would he be selling it for 1/4 the original cost??

I think that if you advertise an Ebay listing service in the newspaper classifieds or something and operate it out of your home, that could be profitable. Could possibly do quite well. I think that a brick and mortar operation like the YOU SOLD IT I looked into is risky though. Lots of expenses - rent, employees, franchise fees, etc. But a smaller operation from your home could work well. About the only expense you'd have to pay for is advertising the service. :smxF:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.