The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Is online shopping better than conventional shopping?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Ivanpedersen

New Contributor
May 13, 2019
United States
It is for me. First, I make my living selling online. Second, I really dislike shopping. I do not like crowds. I hate looking through stores trying to find what I am looking for.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
From a consumer's point of view, yes.

josealberto

New Contributor
Apr 12, 2019
I think 90% of the things I buy besides food, I buy them online lol. It's way more comfortable and helpful with all the tools out there to compare prices, locations, etc.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
I will never buy clothes or shoes online, I need to touch and feel and try them. I will probably also never jump on the buying a vehicle online bandwagon either. Not sure how anyone could do that. Almost everything else is easier online though.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Depends on how you are. If you're a retailer or a restaurant owner, then yes it's bad for you.

Then again, it's the market that decides.

DaDream

Contributor
Apr 24, 2019
Miami Florida
It's hard to argue against data. Just look at how many brick and mortar businesses have gone out of business in the last few years. Sears, Toys R Us, a bunch of Target stores and Sports Authority. While those (and many Mom & Pops shops) die e-commerce giants like Amazon are thriving. Look at Zappos for example. At some point, it was thought that nobody would dare buy shoes online. Their success was so big Amazon bought them out. I think is clear the new generations prefer to shop online and this trend is only going to continue to grow. A lot of positives to doing online shopping.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
It's hard to argue against data. Just look at how many brick and mortar businesses have gone out of business in the last few years. Sears, Toys R Us, a bunch of Target stores and Sports Authority. While those (and many Mom & Pops shops) die e-commerce giants like Amazon are thriving. Look at Zappos for example. At some point, it was thought that nobody would dare buy shoes online. Their success was so big Amazon bought them out. I think is clear the new generations prefer to shop online and this trend is only going to continue to grow. A lot of positives to doing online shopping.
Not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way, but Zappos seems to be created with only one goal in mind from day one : to be bought out by Amazon and make bank.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Depends on what you're buying.

When I shop online I'm looking for something specific.

Clothes and anything else I shop for in person.

DaDream

Contributor
Apr 24, 2019
Miami Florida
Not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way, but Zappos seems to be created with only one goal in mind from day one : to be bought out by Amazon and make bank.
"Delivering Happiness" could answer that one.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I forgot the Zappos story but by what I remember, I don't think so. It is a husband and wife and they also have another site but I forget the name of it. I'm getting old.... I never remember anything these days.....

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I will never buy clothes or shoes online, I need to touch and feel and try them. I will probably also never jump on the buying a vehicle online bandwagon either. Not sure how anyone could do that. Almost everything else is easier online though.
I'm with you! No joke, buying shoes is harder than buying a car for me. Really.... time before last when I bought tennis shoes, I tried on every size 10 wide in the store and some size 11's before I found a pair I could live with. Last week I had to go to 4 stores before I found a pair of summer sandals that were comfortable. $89 pair sucked. $60 pair sucked. $55 pair sucked. $50 pair sucked. $42 pair sucked. $39 pair sucked. $24 pair PERFECT!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom