The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it good to hire a professional to build a website?

A post of a ranting nature...

Mohan padavala

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 27, 2019
When I completed reading the millionaire fast lane,Many ideas flooded in my brain.But most of which are offline and tied with human resources.But it might far from C in the CENTS principle.As I am not familiar with programming and online knowledge. Can anyone give me ideas to make an online platform? If anyone come up with me I will surely partner with you guys.
Thanks and regards.
Mohan.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheFunnelExpert

I'll build your next funnel
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 22, 2015
Bengaluru
Hi @Mohan padavala,

When you say online platform, do you mean a website?

Depending on your budget, how fast you need it, and complexity of the website it's probably better to get it done by a professional.

Are you talking about a simple website/blog for online presence or an e-commerce/SAAS application?

Nas

Mohan padavala

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 27, 2019
Hi @Mohan padavala,

When you say online platform, do you mean a website?

Depending on your budget, how fast you need it, and complexity of the website it's probably better to get it done by a professional.

Are you talking about a simple website/blog for online presence or an e-commerce/SAAS application?

Nas
Hi Nas,
Yes I want to build a website for online tutorials (my niche).As I don't have software knowledge, some one suggested to go through WordPress with Learndash plug in for making courses.But when I searched for LMS software, many are available but they are too expensive for me. I am in ambiguity is it dependable If I make my website through WordPress for low cost or should I go through expensive Individual software?.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
My suggestion: make the course and upload it to Udemy. See if you can get sales there, if you do you can use those money to get your own website built and offer a more in-depth course on the same topic that you can price higher, and all the earnings will be yours (unlike with Udemy).

Mohan padavala

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 27, 2019
My suggestion: make the course and upload it to Udemy. See if you can get sales there, if you do you can use those money to get your own website built and offer a more in-depth course on the same topic that you can price higher, and all the earnings will be yours (unlike with Udemy).

Thanks, I will try

TheFunnelExpert

I'll build your next funnel
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 22, 2015
Bengaluru
I have not used LMS with WordPress. But one thing about WordPress is, it has a HUGE ecosystem. Tons of free, affordable, and pricey plugins for all kinds of functionalities to choose from.

And it also has a ton of developers. You can find them for cheap on Fiverr and Upwork.

You can go with WordPress instead of expensive systems. In fact @Madame Peccato has made a good suggestion. Udemy probably has the least path of resistance and it's something I am sure you can do it yourself.

Hi Nas,
Yes I want to build a website for online tutorials (my niche).As I don't have software knowledge, some one suggested to go through WordPress with Learndash plug in for making courses.But when I searched for LMS software, many are available but they are too expensive for me. I am in ambiguity is it dependable If I make my website through WordPress for low cost or should I go through expensive Individual software?.

NursingTn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 30, 2019
Upload a YouTube video everyday. Do this for a couple months. You'll build up an audience if your content is something people want... If you get enough followers and views, you'll get paid "passively" afterward.

But don't stop there. Each week, make a video that's a recap of the seven YouTube videos you uploaded. However, make this recap video more fleshed out: Homework, assignments, interaction, etc... Upload these recap videos to Udemy. Now you can start letting folks know on YouTube of fleshed out videos with support from you.

You're going to access the huge market on YouTube and building an audience. You're going to go from a nobody to a somebody.

Let's not stop there. Once you conquer YouTube and udemy, make a website. Put transcript of each YouTube video, make it optimized for SEO, and embed YouTube video into each web page or post along with the transcript. That way, you'll start getting found on Google. Now put AdSense or whatever else, e.g. membership, affiliate marketing, whatever. Get more income this way.

Okay, I lie. Don't stop there. Now partner with a bunch of other teachers, bloggers, etc. to tap into their audience. Go for total world domination with your content.

This will take a lot of work and learning tons of skills. You can do it.

P.S.: this method will save you from even investing money into making your own website in the beginning. If you don't care, then talk to Fox (one of our members here). He knows plenty of web developers. Otherwise, learn to make your own from scratch, with WordPress, or whatever else you want to do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.