The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Instagram Still Profitable?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

JackClairmont

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 5, 2016
Have you Ever considered selling a product through Instagram? It sounds like a great way to generate a second income, although I would think twice as instagram is becoming an over saturated market place.

To date, I have launched multiply businesses on instagram, offering products from replica watches to car accessories. I have concluded, that if you don’t have the time and the marketing budget, think twice. In order to naturally grow your account, you must be posting unique/thoughtful content daily. The fastest way to get your numbers up with “real folowers” it will require you to advertise your page/product using big name accounts in the field you are operating in, but be ready to spend $100+ per post!

Looking into the future, I personally would not sell product via instgram as it is over saturated in almost every industry and dominated by big name accounts. Therefore, making difficult and expensive for new accounts to operate to its maximum.

Before you put that order through for the latest gadget off Alibaba, do your homework!

This is my first post on TheFastLane Forum. Let me know what you think, and give me your opinion on this topic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest34764

Once you base your whole business on Instagram you lose control.

Using Instagram as a tool to help sell your products is fine,but leaving it up entirely to Instagram is a big no-no.

Also make sure to make a proper introduction.

JackClairmont

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 5, 2016
Once you base your whole business on Instagram you lose control.

Using Instagram as a tool to help sell your products is fine,but leaving it up entirely to Instagram is a big no-no.

Also make sure to make a proper introduction.
Please define, "Proper introduction"

BlakeRVA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Aug 24, 2015
I know peopling doing £5k - £10k a month selling via instagram without any other selling sources it CAN be done
I believe the OP is saying that the cost of entrance for new businesses is getting to the point where it is no longer the best platform to market yourself. Meaning, that it is getting more and more expensive to buy yourself a following; or more and more time consuming to build it organically.

Social media may be crowded, but it is certainly not unreachable for anyone willing to put forward some work. Search for influencer's within the niche you are attempting to reach and brainstorm of ways to provide value to them outside of paying with money. If you can create relationships with these people that don't necessarily involve a financial exchange, you will be in a much stronger position than the 99 others that did. Throwing money around is easy, providing value is not.

Last edited:

VDon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 27, 2016
I am 100% positive, that you still can make truckloads of money on Instagram, as long as you carve out your niche, target the right audience and use an innovative approach.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I agree and disagree . IG is definitely saturated. As @Omega said, you don't want to make it your primary source of business. But social media is a very important tool to providing supplementary sources of low cost traffic to your products. You don't have to spend truck loads of money on shout outs, Facebook ad boosters, and the new IG ads to get people to notice. It's a game of numbers. If you can cultivate a decent amount of followers, you will be able to reach people just through normal daily posts.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I believe the OP is saying that the cost of entrance for new businesses is getting to the point where it is no longer the best platform to market
OP sells Replica watches. Disregard OP.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.