The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ippei kanehara Local Lead Gen Week 2 Update

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
First roof installation came through.

$12,600 installation estimated

lead from a google ad campaign that funneled to my lead gen site.

cost to generate $400

I had some clicks and calls prior...but they weren't closed so instead of showing a cheap lead cost like some people would, that's the amount I spent before the guy landed a job.

My cut 15% ( $1,890)

So I spent $400 this month to end up with $1,890...a $1,490 profit overall. Not bad...hopefully I can get better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
And you just started, right?

So how many leads have you generated for folks? I'm just curious because I see you talking about the money you are making. Are they paying per lead or a flat rate?
At this point over 100 altogther. I have some of my sites set up on google ads to help keep leads coming in while they rank organically. Currently on a commission basis of 15% to build trust. I don't mind, I'm a younger guy...I get their skepticism.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Still, first month, 100 leads. That's a strong start. Good work.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
closed a small deal today, but hey, don't get mad at your money right?...$500 a month. ~85% profit margin.

Niche: tree service
flat rate: proof of calls to justify price.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Honestly think I was just too nervous during my presentation over zoom. My mindset just wasn't right. I think I got scared since I was talking to some big guys (which i was) but they could probably feel that coming off me.

Just some personal development I have to work on.
I saw you posted a different thread asking how to do SEO for big national companies. I'm guessing your uncertainty in your ability to rank them may have played a role.

The good news: you were able to get this door opened. You'll be able to get more opened.

More good news: In our business, it is easy to get the experience we need to have the confidence we need to have. Just set up a site you intend to have a national reach, build it, launch it, rank it. By the time you get, idk, 10k? 50k? visitors per month, you'll have all the confidence you need to get the rankings you want to get. And you'll have a site's data to show that you practice what you preach.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
Set up a meeting with a startup roofer tomorrow morning. Gonna try to get 2500 per month.
Got him on at $1950 with a commitment of growth to $2500 per month and beyond as I prove myself and bring him more and more jobs consistently.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
Got a late night text from a prospect I shot a video for. Setting a meeting for wednesday!!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
I'm considering joining the program. That's cool you got deals going that quickly. Very exciting.
You should! I've got nothing but good things to say right now. The support is one of the best parts about it by far! Any question I've ever had along the way has been answered!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
Landed a roofing contractor on a commission basis. Time to work on delivery!!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
How much is it costing you to generate each lead?
I'll figure out this one when I get the short term google ad campaign up. The website is still in the process of ranking. Eventually, once my site is ranked, the cost will be zero...just like my tree site.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
First roof installation came through.

$12,600 installation estimated

lead from a google ad campaign that funneled to my lead gen site.

cost to generate $400

I had some clicks and calls prior...but they weren't closed so instead of showing a cheap lead cost like some people would, that's the amount I spent before the guy landed a job.

My cut 15% ( $1,890)

So I spent $400 this month to end up with $1,890...a $1,490 profit overall. Not bad...hopefully I can get better.

How many leads, and did you or the client handle the call?

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
Great job for taking action. I have a question. If you would of sold those 100 leads at say $25, which is cheap dor your niche, wouldn't you have made more money than selling on commission?
In this case no. Plus these 100 were spread through different niches.

From commission alone I'm making nearly double what I would have made selling them at that rate of $25. Most business owners hate flat rate leads anyway from my experience.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Interesting. Depending on your niche, do you think your clients would be willing to pay for a pay per appointment or pay per show lead and this way you don't have to depend on their sales skills?

Oddly enough, I think a better way would be to churn the ones who take leads and can't close them. Sounds mean but if you've been sending leads to a guy for three months and he can't close them for shit, then maybe he's not a good partner.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
Do you create content or just run ads?
Created content for my website, also picked relevant keywords for ads and a generic little copy. I'm not a genius at google ads haha.

CJW737

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 5, 2021
Sorry your call didn't go so well...do you have any questions about it I could help you with? Obviously there's nothing in it for me lol, but if you're interested in the model, I wouldn't mind helping a fellow fastlaner out haha.
Hey Kal, I've been reading up on your posts and was wondering if there was a way I can contact you? I'm unsure of the rules here about outside contact, however if there is some way of contacting you please let me know! We are both in very similar situations!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Honestly think I was just too nervous during my presentation over zoom. My mindset just wasn't right. I think I got scared since I was talking to some big guys (which i was) but they could probably feel that coming off me.

Just some personal development I have to work on.

You win some you lose some. No need to worry about it. Note down what you think you did wrong and learn how to correct them for next time.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
landed a 3 site deal for $1200 a month. Signing in a couple weeks.

WebDevDrew

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 25, 2021
landed a 3 site deal for $1200 a month. Signing in a couple weeks.
I literally just discovered this thread and your other one a couple days ago after researching extensively regarding this business model and Ippei's/Dan's course. So far I've been able to chat and jump on calls from people who also have taken the course and everyone has said it's been life changing. They say you learn a whole lot more than just lead gen and most people are able to craft other business ideas with the amount of support from the group. Congrats on closing this deal! Keep the updates coming!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
Gonna talk with a concrete contractor on Friday. Looking at his market, I'm thinking either a 10% commission deal or $3,000 a month.

benji84

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 17, 2021
It costs about $5000.

I had a call with them and I was extremely disappointed with the sales person. I actually tried to figure out a way to get out of the call ASAP - it was that bad. Not pushy - just very disinterested in selling from the get go. Even a 10 year old running a lemonade stand can sell better.
They wanted to sell it to me for $7800.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
So I know it isn't a friday...and it's been a week and a half since I last posted about it...but here's an update for you all.

Before I left for vacation in Florida I didn't hit the goals of prospecting / building out sites that I wanted to hit so I am going hard at it today.

That being said while I was on vacation, I had two people reach out to me out of the blue that I sent videos to previously with interest in what I can do for them.

That was a great Christmas gift for sure! I'll be closing one of the guys this week and the other one probably next week!

The group is very supportive as well, they did their promised live streams and still answered questions asked in the group even on Christmas day!

Safe to say I still think it's worth it.

I'll keep you all updated as best I can!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.