The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Invention Idea Where to Start?

Cameron Aanonsen

Contributor
Nov 6, 2018
New Jersey
I recently came up with an idea for a product and would appreciate anyone who could help me find out where to get started without getting ripped off!

Thanks in advance!

Cameron

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

DVU

In Progress
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
What is your question?

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2014
You're going to need to be a little bit more specific than that... to avoid getting ripped off, get multiple bids...

OP
OP
Cameron Aanonsen

Cameron Aanonsen

Contributor
Nov 6, 2018
New Jersey
What is the best way to go about having someone build this product from scratch? Do I just contact a manufacturer on alibaba and see if they can make it? It would be made of plastic.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
What is the best way to go about having someone build this product from scratch? Do I just contact a manufacturer on alibaba and see if they can make it? It would be made of plastic.
NO!!!! You have hit on the worst way to go - not the best. Search my thread, linked above by @DVU and you will find a number of posts warning against that, with reasons why.

Question: Do you know how to identify which of the many thousands of suppliers on Alibaba claiming to be manufacturers really are? If you don't, you need to learn or you will be ripped off.

Walter

Reactions: DVU

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom