The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Are you sure? I hit a pile of dog shit with a weed whacker and it flung up at my face.

You'll get drug addicts applying for the job openings you have.

You'll get lied to more than a cop.

50% of people you schedule interviews for won't even show up. Of those, 80% will be awful and won't stick around.

You'll get stolen from.

You'll be out in the pissing rain for 9 hours some days.

You'll have to scale rather slowly compared to a lot of other businesses.

It's hard.

I'm not in it for the cash this year or the next. I'm here because the industry sucks, and it's full of small fractured companies and it is ripe to be taken over by a company with good systems that's going to become a giant in the industry. That's the only reason.

Yes, you may get lucky and find some good employees, and you can go sit by the lake while they go work and you make 8k a month living like a retired person with a mojito-drinking hobby, but that's the exception, not the rule.

Ahrendt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 27, 2020
Hello, I am so happy to be here! I'm in awe that a forum like this exists, along with all of the amazing Gold threads and users who contribute.

A little bit of background for myself:
I am a 22 year old in my final semester of college. I grew up in a very small town, with the idea of the slowlane being pushed by my parents and other people within the community. My mind was really blown after reading TMF , as I never before even thought that there was a better way to become wealthy instead of being a doctor/lawyer. Reading the book and watching tons of YouTube videos on entrepreneurship really made a click for me on what path I need to take in order to live the lifestyle that I want.

Where I am at right now:
My major is in nursing. I am a full-time student and also work a full time retail job paying around $50k/year that I was EXTREMELY lucky to get. Currently, I am extremely swamped with all of the schoolwork along with the job. Once I graduate next month, I will have a lot more free time to dedicate towards starting a business. I have paid off all of my student loans and have around $15K saved.

Where I want to go in business/goals:
I want to get out of my current state and start a business. I will continue to work until my lease ends, and will continue to save money to start something up. After reading different threads, I would like to start a home-service based business like the ones mentioned in @GravyBoat and @Johnny boy

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, great to have ya.

Having a close connection to "nursing" let me tell you, the profession sucks. Not the people, the corporate structure for which it finds itself within.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...