The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction

Woodsman81

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 10, 2017
Alma co
Hi my name is Ray, I live in the mountains and I'm sick of the rat race. I would like free time to enjoy the mountains that I live in. That is why I moved here and live here. I would like to have money to travel and play with and not work a ton like I do now. I was led here after reading the 4hour work week and then found your thread on appsumo. Thought I would look for some advice here before spending $600 on something that may be a waste of my money which is something I'm a little thin on at the moment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Woodsman81

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 10, 2017
Alma co
Sorry I should have clarified better. $600 on the app Sumo how to make $1,000 a month.

Woodsman81

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 10, 2017
Alma co
Which one should I start with? I think I would like to create a product. My biggest question after reading the 4-Hour workweek is how to test a product if you have no prototype.

eMIKaE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Aug 13, 2017
Poland
What is your product? I don't mean write exactly what it is. Is it an app, device or item? Try some crowdfounding websites, where you can describe your product, and then you'll have to wait to see if audience like that it or not. If they do, they may give you some money, to start production, importing etc. This kind of presale would be hudge motivation not to give up your idea.

PS: Both MJ's books are really worth reading.

Woodsman81

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 10, 2017
Alma co
I have a few different ideas and they are items. I am not sure what crowd founding websites are but I will Google it now.

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US
I think that $600 would much better used to spend testing potential products. A lot of solid free info is within the threads on this forum.

Woodsman81

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 10, 2017
Alma co
I think that $600 would much better used to spend testing potential products. A lot of solid free info is within the threads on this forum.
Could you point me in the direction on how to test a product without the product or a prototype? The product being a physical item.

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US
Don't worry about getting a 'real' product, but rather finding your process for finding products that could be sold.

Literally as simple as steps below:
1.) Look on any dropshipping/wholesale website, pick a product. Do research, might be easier for you to pick a product/category you are familiar with.
2.) Create or copy a simple sales page (wordpress, instapage,wix). You dont even need to hook up payment, just a 'purchase' button that you can track.
3.) Buy 10-50 in facebook or adword ads and direct your demographic to the site, see how many 'purchase' clicks you get.
4.) Set up a quick facebook group, or social media just to gauge organic interest

From doing that you will be able to get a gauge of how well a product might sell. All this for your focused time and 50 bucks and more importantly real lessons on figuring out your process going forward.

Here is a site for products: (sorry dont know about posting links) wholesale2b

Let me know if you have any questions, good luck!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Don't worry about getting a 'real' product, but rather finding your process for finding products that could be sold.

Literally as simple as steps below:
1.) Look on any dropshipping/wholesale website, pick a product. Do research, might be easier for you to pick a product/category you are familiar with.
2.) Create or copy a simple sales page (wordpress, instapage,wix). You dont even need to hook up payment, just a 'purchase' button that you can track.
3.) Buy 10-50 in facebook or adword ads and direct your demographic to the site, see how many 'purchase' clicks you get.
4.) Set up a quick facebook group, or social media just to gauge organic interest

From doing that you will be able to get a gauge of how well a product might sell. All this for your focused time and 50 bucks and more importantly real lessons on figuring out your process going forward.

Here is a site for products: (sorry dont know about posting links) wholesale2b

Let me know if you have any questions, good luck!
Beware of Wholesale 2B!!!. Look for reviews, including on ripoffreport.com

Walter

Woodsman81

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 10, 2017
Alma co
I have been here 3 months now and have learned a ton. Anytime I try to talk to anyone in my Social Circle about entrepreneurship it is instant negativity. So thank you all!
The hardest thing I am facing right now is focusing on one idea. I get new ideas every day anywhere from App ideas to product and even brick and mortar. It is so hard to decide on witch one to focus on!
I am now seeing how a mentor could be a huge help. The 4-Hour workweek made it sound so easy then MJ's books give you a huge dose of reality!

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Hi Ray. I think the threads here on copywriting, and on selling by phone, could help you. You need to be sure you're following all the rules to the letter, so the sheriffy don't have to drive up the mountain to take ya back down to the city an' lock ya up ;-) but it is possible to test an idea and get pre-orders for it. If there aren't enough pre-orders, cancel the project and return any money collected so far. I agree that crowdfunding is another way to inexpensively run an idea up the flagpole and see if the salutes add up to enough money to make it happen. - Chris

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...