The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction+

eagleye101

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 24, 2013
Athens, Greece
Greetings Unscripters and Fastlaners,

A few years ago a close friend recommended the Fastlane Millionaire book. The title sounded, you know... like another "get rich fast book", but my friend was very enthusiastic about it. So I got the book and decided to read it on my vacations.

Hooked! Took me 5 and a half days to read it cover to cover. Couldn't put it down even if I had read plenty "wealth" books by the time. It was summer 2013.

But... Instead of getting straight to action, I received the book just like I had received all other education I had had. Like knowledge. Information. So, I continued to "educate" myself by reading more books, buying courses and watching seminars. At least I was getting "unscripted " type of education now.

As if knowledge was the missing part... I kept telling myself "once I learn x, I'll do it" but x=unlimited knowledge...

Two years went by and I had acquired a ton of "unscripted " knowledge. I had a very clear understanding of what is value and all the insights of what a business has to do to generate value, solve problems and eventually translate the value into money. But there's a difference between knowing it and doing it.

I didn't have any skills. I was only educating myself on the "mindset" part.

With the help of a Mastermind group, I decided to start a blog. The topic: Minimalism (or put it better, what I was passionate about...). I wasn't solving any real problem, just giving minimal-lifestyle advice in bad English to my 12 readers... I didn't make any money (of course), but at least I learned how to set-up a website, autoresponder etc.

"The money is in the list" they said, so I went and learned all I could about email marketing. Still didn't make any money...

Then came amazon-kindle-publishing. Everybody was talking about it. I got a bunch Udemy and other courses, learned all the tricks, bought all the tools and put together a crappy book on minimalism.

BOOM! After exposing the book on some facebook groups and with some cheap ads, I saw money for the first time on my account. I was hooked. Felt a little like that entrepreneurial G-spot...

But then reality hit. Bad reviews, refunds, Amazon policy change and the Kindle wave that was dying, brought me back to where I started.

I had learned everything I could on Kindle publishing but in the end, I was only left with the experience and the knowledge acquired in the way and the money made? at least paid for some of the courses and tools I had bought.

Until late 2016 I was trying to make Kindle publishing work. It was like trying to resurrect the zombie. Wrote a few more books, corrected the first book and made some more money but not enough to be called serious money. Kindle publishing is a great tool but not a business.

Then something came up. Since the beginning of my journey, I was sharing everything with my gf. She is a very smart entrepreneurial type of person and was supporting me on every step.

At the time she was studying psychology and working as a freelancer. At some point, she wanted to start a blog with the main purpose to have an online presence in the long run. I helped her set it up using all the experience I had earned in the previous years and she was writing her content.

The blog started to have traffic. Knowing how hard it can be to have organic traffic I was very excited. I told her to search online for others in the field and connect with them for cooperation. She did it and the blog was getting even more traffic from guest posting, other people sharing on their social media etc.

One of her new connections was selling an online course. We saw opportunity. The lady selling the online course had good content but a crappy website. Long story short, we ended up creating a team. My gf and the other girl were working on content and me on the technical stuff.
Also, I was playing the role of the coach on them, sharing all the marketing and growth knowledge I had acquired from hundreds of seminars and books.

I was passionate and was helping them without asking anything in return but when the business started to make good money, they started a company together and asked me to commit helping them on growth, ads and everything I could find in order to grow, in exchange for 10% of the profit.

Everything was working smoothly and we were growing. We created more information products and I set-up a funnel with complex triggers. Using my Kindle publishing knowledge and available tools, we published a very good book that was bringing clients. All we had to do was pay for traffic to bring people to the list and the funnel did its job. The girls were handling content and clients and I was working on bringing more people. My ultimate goal was to automate the system and eventually offer my services to our clients.

But reality hit again. My gf and I broke up. We said we would continue to work on the business. I saw it coming... The commandment of CONTROL was violated. I had given everything without keeping anything to myself. As expected, we had a discussion which, leaving the details out, they essentially decided that will continue without me and there's nothing I can do about it. And they hired another coach. They told me we can continue to work together but only if me being a freelancer. My options being limited, I accepted.

This is how I lost access to a business created in less than a year and was generating more than 10K/M in the last 3 months.

In the meantime, the book "Unscripted " had been released. I was reading it and was reminded of every mistake made. Felt kicked in the @@...

Now I'm here on the forum, almost back to zero, trying to figure out WTF I'm gonna do from now on. Did I mention I have a day job? Yeah, back to slow-lane...

I'm 32. Live in Europe.

I have read books and followed seminars and courses but my biggest lessons have come from my mistakes. I hope I can help by sharing what I've learned with you and push each other out of the comfort zone. And I want to thank MJ for two life-changing books and for the opportunity to be part of this forum. See you around

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...