The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction Web app at Point 0

Radu Ionut

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Mar 6, 2016
Germany
Hello all!

I want to introduce myself.
My name is Radu Ionut and I read MJ's book TMF . I'm an employee, because I have bills to pay, but in my spare time I'm learning web development. I just launched my web app (I don't know if it's apropriate to post the app link here, maybe not, anyway it is not a big secret idea). It is a web app that should serve the transporters and the people that are looking for transportation from-to. I know that the app for the moment is rudimentary, but it has basic functionality. Also I know that I must improve the app in functionality and design. My plan is to either sell commercials on the site, and/or amazon affiliate links.
But I have first to build an audience, users.
The question I have for the fast lane veterans is how can I get a little traction? For the moment the site has no people that are offering transportation or people that are searching for transportation.

I'm looking forward for the book Unscripted . It will be available on 23 Mai on my amazon account.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
While it may be a great idea, you picked one of the most difficult things to launch.

From the sounds of it, it's basically a marketplace. People offering transportation, and people seeking transportation. Without a critical mass of both producers and consumers you're going to be fighting an uphill battle.

What need does it fulfill, in a way that the currently available options do not?

Radu Ionut

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Mar 6, 2016
Germany
Thanks for your reply.
The need it solves is that it offers posibility for transporters to post their position, availability and contact, and for the people that are seeking a truck to transport their merchandise from A to B to post as well.

I must figure it out on what I can do better than the existing ones.

The existing ones are doing basically the same. They centralise the offers of transportation, contact, position, or the demands of Transportation: position, destination, dimensions, weight.

I'm aware that I have to improve the app, and also it takes time and work.
It could be that is a bad ideea/product but I must do what it up to me to find out.

nocubicles

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 2, 2017
Estonia
You can read this article here - End of road for trucking startup Palleter – Märt Kelder – Medium

Palleter has closed

Its about one Estonian start up Palleter who wanted to do the same thing. In this article they are giving reasons why they stopped their business.

In parallel to validating our hypotheses we were also looking for funding. By the time we decided to wind down the business there was a fully worked out investment agreement for 1 000 000 EUR waiting for us. It just needed our signatures. Instead of taking that money we chose to fold. We felt it was the responsible thing to do given all our hypotheses were invalidated and we were back to square one.

They even got funding but decided to stop.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.