The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction thread..Phoenix Entrepreneurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoinMyMLM!

Hey gang,

After getting some slack about failing to provide an introduction post, here it is:

My name is Keith. I am a 31 yr old African American man with a wife and one son. I am originally from Detroit, Michigan where my mother, father, and sister (two nephews, one niece) lives. I currently reside in Phoenix, AZ.

I am a six year Army veteran. I served my country in Iraq, and I was honorably discharged in 2012. I currently work for ADoT (2012-present).

My areas of interest includes business, politics, science, religion, philosophy, basketball, wildlife, food, economics, history, martial arts, weightlifting, and battle rap (yes, battle rap) lol.

That being said, I am a very simple man...living a very simple life. Nothing special, but yet, I want more!!

I had originally attended college for engineering. However, that wasn't where my heart was. My heart was actually in business, as business ideas kept coming to me, and they wouldn't stop!!!

Therefore, I decided that business & entrepreneurship is my calling, and I've thought of a very elaborate, yet INTRIGUING way of joining forces with like-minded individuals in an effort to stop dreaming, and start LIVING our dream.

What I decided to do is start a business club, and without spilling too much of the beans, let me just give you guys some information to go on..just the step by step process of the beginning phases.

1. This is basically a "coalition of the willing". Based on what I've told you so far, if you are interested, just simply send me a pm with your first name, telephone number, and what side of the valley you live on. Oh, and for all of you that are apprehensive about providing me that info, tell ya what; I will give you my first name and telephone number via pm. Cool? I just want to briefly talk to everyone over the phone before the meeting (which we will discuss later) in efforts to break the ice.

I assume that everyone is scattered over the valley, so we will all have to decide/agree on a location where we will hold our meetings. I already have a location in mind, actually. But I have to see where you all are, first. Everyone will be informed on what is going on...as we may very well set up a "group" texting thing.

2. Once we all agree on a designated location for the meetings, we will set a time/date for our first official meeting. At this first meeting, we will all introduce ourselves to the group, and I will give a presentation on the purpose of the club, the goal, and the vision. It is during this presentation where you will not only see my passion, but you will also see what will make this business club so unique (aka, FUN). I can almost guarantee that you will be impressed with the break-down. This will be a business club unlike any other.

Also, at this first meeting, we can have a pot luck, where everyone brings a dish. Or, we can all chip in $5 each and have pizza delivered (or whatever we decide). The idea is to be in an informal, relaxed environment. As I think about it, there aren't too many things in life that says informal/relaxed than pizza (food in general).

3. After the conclusion of the first meeting, you will probably have an idea of whether or not you want to be apart of the club. There will be no pressure or obligation. If you'd like join the club, then lets get to work!! If not, that's fine too (no hard feelings).

4. For all of those who join the club, we will set up another meeting. And at this second meeting, we will discuss the actual structure of the club, such as how it will operate...rules, regulations. Everyone will be free to speak their mind. Any ideas on how we operate is welcome.

5. After that second meeting is, of course, the THIRD meeting. And that third meeting will be the meat and potato's of the entire operation. The club will be in full gear, in motion!!! Lets get it!!

Again, this is a no-obligation proposal. If this peaks your interest, please be present at that first meeting. Can't hurt to come, can it? If you don't like what you see/hear after the first meeting, then simply don't attend the second one. Fair enough?

In closing, I am not a weirdo, con-man, scammer, or any other that other stuff. I am just a man with a vision who should be much more than what I've become. The time is now.

If not now, then when? If not us, then who? Ooooo. Sounds good for a club motto, doesn't it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Hey man,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you read the book?

I see what you're trying to do with the club, but it might be good to post a bit on the forum so people can get to know you before trying to get people's phone numbers and other personal info.

We have informal meetups from time to time in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. However, there's no step-by-step process and there isn't any "beans" that we have to avoid spilling. That's not how we roll here. Stick around the forum for a while and you'll see what I mean.

I plan on posting a thread about our next meetup soon (probably early-mid April) after I'm done moving into my new place. Definitely keep your eyes open in the meetup section. But, if you show up to a meetup, it might not be what you're expecting/hoping for.

J

JoinMyMLM!

Hey man,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you read the book?

What book?

I see what you're trying to do with the club, but it might be good to post a bit on the forum so people can get to know you before trying to get people's phone numbers and other personal info.

I see your point, but I refuse to do anything extra. I, personally, don't have a problem sharing my name with anyone. I also don't have a problem with sharing my phone number with anyone, especially if they are singing a tune that I like to hear. No one is asking anyone for addresses, SSN's, or bank account information.

I am only asking for first names so I can properly address you by your name, and telephone information so that we can all contact each other if/when need be. That is it. If that is asking for too much, especially based on the sole purpose of what I laid out in my introduction post, then I will just simply try to find other people who are less apprehensive than what it appears some of you are on here.

We have informal meetups from time to time in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. However, there's no step-by-step process and there isn't any "beans" that we have to avoid spilling.

I like structure and organization when it comes to certain things. And by "spilling the beans", I simply mean that I would not give an in depth synopsis of how we will get busy. I just gave an outline, and people would just simply have to show up in order to learn more.

That's not how we roll here. Stick around the forum for a while and you'll see what I mean.

If I don't get 10-12 members by the end of next week, it is safe to say that the people on here aint buying into what I am trying to do, which is fine.

I plan on posting a thread about our next meetup soon (probably early-mid April) after I'm done moving into my new place. Definitely keep your eyes open in the meetup section. But, if you show up to a meetup, it might not be what you're expecting/hoping for.

Which is why I would rather start my own.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I see your point, but I refuse to do anything extra. I, personally, don't have a problem sharing my name with anyone. I also don't have a problem with sharing my phone number with anyone, especially if they are singing a tune that I like to hear. No one is asking anyone for addresses, SSN's, or bank account information.

I am only asking for first names so I can properly address you by your name, and telephone information so that we can all contact each other if/when need be. That is it. If that is asking for too much, especially based on the sole purpose of what I laid out in my introduction post, then I will just simply try to find other people who are less apprehensive than what it appears some of you are on here.

First of all, welcome to the forum! I hope you'll stick around regardless of the success of your group.

My dude - you're missing the bigger picture, it's not that people here care whether you know their name or phone number. They care whether you can actually add value to their time, that's why we say stick around here - post a little bit, add some value so THEN people can see what you're worth and are more inclined to give you their own time.

There's quite a few successful people here - without knowing what you can do or bring to the table (through my point above), not many people will want to join. I could be wrong and if so, someone please correct me.

Anyway, all the best mate! I really hope you do find your group.

P.S: Read the book 'The Millionaire Fastlane ', it'll open your eyes to the meaning of time and freedom.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So I have a few questions.

Will there be a monetary payment required to remain in this club?

Will you be profiting from members who join this club?

I see a lot of red flags in your post and have been to many "clubs" that were basically lead generators, network builders, or mlms. Can you say that this club is to help others grow their business and in no way helps you grow yours specifically through your members?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
What I decided to do is start a business club, and without spilling too much of the beans,
I still don't understand why you can't "spill the beans."

There's only 1 logical conclusion that comes to mind: you're trying to sell a service/get people to sign up for your MLM/gig but you know some people on here are a lot wiser and will call you out on it. So you're trying to cover up as much as you can and get some new naive members on here to fall for your tricks.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You are going to have a x100 times better response by explaining how it works up front. Thats just basic sales.

Sometimes we like a surprise in life and other times we want clear details. This is a time when people want clear information.
The people you are likely looking to connect with value their time greatly. By maintaining this "mystery" you are pissing them off.

Add in low posts, no knowledge of the book this forum is based on and many other red flags you would probably want to start offering up some more details. Unless of course its is a scam which is what everyone is already thinking.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm in a story telling mode...

So lets assume our friend finds 12 Fastlaners, including me, to join him in some nondescript room at some nondescript hotel near the airport.

I arrive and walk into the meeting room where I find a couple of chairs and a white board at the front. Our friend, who so graciously invited us, is standing next to man overdressed in a suit and wristed in a sparkly fake Rolex. Our friend introduces us to the stranger and names him as "his mentor."

I shake his hand and take my seat.

When the meeting starts, our friend who organized the meeting apparently doesn't have a speaking role. Instead, I hear his mentor speak incessantly for the next hour, cavorting about on the white board with lines, triangles, and big dollar signs. He claims that we have a great opportunity to sell an energy drink, the most expensive energy drink I ever heard of, if we just follow his lead. Wow, I can be rich selling an energy drink to my FB friends! And if I'm really motivated, I can get people to sell for me by posting on forums and luring the unsuspecting into nondescript rooms at nondescript hotels.

After hearing the man brag about his $10K a month income and his 14 year old Mercedes C-Class for the umpteenth time, I walk out.

Some meeting.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

So lets assume our friend finds 12 Fastlaners, including me, to join him in some nondescript room at some nondescript hotel near the airport.

I arrive and walk into the meeting room where I find a couple of chairs and a white board at the front. Our friend, who so graciously invited us, is standing next to man overdressed in a suit and wristed in a sparkly fake Rolex. Our friend introduces us to the stranger and names him as "his mentor."

I shake his hand and take my seat.

When the meeting starts, our friend who organized the meeting apparent doesn't have a speaking role. Instead, I hear his mentor speak incessantly for the next hour, cavorting about on the white board with lines, triangles, and big dollar signs. He claims that we have a great opportunity to sell an energy drink, the most expensive energy drink I ever heard of, if we just follow his lead. Wow, I can be rich selling an energy drink to my FB friends! And if I'm really motivated, I can get people to sell for me by posting on forums and luring the unsuspecting into nondescript rooms at nondescript hotels.

After hearing the man brag about his $10K a month income and his 14 year old Mercedes C-Class for the umpteenth time, I walk out.

Some meeting.

MJ, I think that you and I should go to some of these for fun and education.

I've been to one where the speaker pulled up in a F430 and me next to him in my 360. He was probably wondering what I was doing there.

Chopwood

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 31, 2017
Crested Butte , Colorado
MJ, I think that you and I should go to some of these for fun and education.

I've been to one where the speaker pulled up in a F430 and me next to him in my 360. He was probably wondering what I was doing there.
I will drive back to Phoenix just for that.
I have my real estate license in arizona and half those meetings feel like clubs / mlm's

J

JoinMyMLM!

So I have a few questions.

Will there be a monetary payment required to remain in this club?

Hecks no. You will not be asked or required to pay a dime.

Will you be profiting from members who join this club?

Hecks no. I will not be profiting from members who join the club. And yes, quote me on that.

I see a lot of red flags in your post and have been to many "clubs" that were basically lead generators, network builders, or mlms.

I can't speak for what you've "seen". However, again, this is a low risk move on anyone who decides to show up to the initial meeting. No one is being asked to pay anything. No one is being asked for their personal information (outside of name/number). No one is being asked to jump through fiery hoops or speed-climb Mount Everest.

Just an initial "meet and greet", for starters.

Can you say that this club is to help others grow their business and in no way helps you grow yours specifically through your members?

I can say that this club is to help grow "a" business, in general. Now, whether or not this business is mines, or others...that is a different story. But again, that will be what make this business club special. This business club will not be about self interest, but, rather group interest.

Questions like that can/will be answered at the first meeting.

J

JoinMyMLM!

In simpler terms "especially if they agree to sign up."

How in the hell is my statement of "especially if they are singing a tune that I like to here" synonymous with your interpretation of what I said, which is "especially if they agree to sign up" (above quote)?

Makes no sense. This is a prime example of how you people are so quick to attack that simple reading comprehension stuff like what you see above goes virtually overlooked.

J

JoinMyMLM!

Yet, I specifically said in my introduction post that, despite me having a meeting place in mind, the location of the meeting will be a place that we ALL AGREE ON. So for you to word it as "join him at some nondescript room/hotel" makes it seem as if I am Batman inviting you guys to the Batcave, which is a place that only me and Robin knows its location.

That may be a cool hypothetical zinger to gain likes among your forum comrades, but that does NOT reflect the reality of what I said. Unless of course we ALL AGREE to meet up a nondescript room/hotel.

More unjustified hypotheticals.

When the meeting starts, our friend who organized the meeting apparently doesn't have a speaking role.

Yet, in my introduction post, I specifically stated that I would give a presentation. Keyword: I.

I could have swore I said that. I'm sure I did. So all of this "friend/mentor" stuff is unwarranted. Again, it is good for zingers. But it is bad for truth value.

Instead, I hear his mentor speak incessantly for the next hour, cavorting about on the white board with lines, triangles, and big dollar signs. He claims that we have a great opportunity to sell an energy drink, the most expensive energy drink I ever heard of, if we just follow his lead. Wow, I can be rich selling an energy drink to my FB friends! And if I'm really motivated, I can get people to sell for me by posting on forums and luring the unsuspecting into nondescript rooms at nondescript hotels.

Some meeting.

So, with all due respect, I must ask: Is this how you people operate on here? Is this the kind of character that most of you display? So far, our good administrator has done nothing but misrepresent everything that I said..and he is doing so in a mockingly, facetious manner.

Is that how we get down on here?

J

JoinMyMLM!

First of all, welcome to the forum! I hope you'll stick around regardless of the success of your group.

I ain't Jesus Christ...but I predict my sudden inability to log on in the near future (being banned). "One of you will ban me".

My dude - you're missing the bigger picture, it's not that people here care whether you know their name or phone number. They care whether you can actually add value to their time, that's why we say stick around here - post a little bit, add some value so THEN people can see what you're worth and are more inclined to give you their own time.

Believe it or not (Ripley's), I put a lot into into my introduction post. If you can't see value in the context of that post, then I guess the club isn't for you.

There's quite a few successful people here - without knowing what you can do or bring to the table (through my point above), not many people will want to join. I could be wrong and if so, someone please correct me.

You may be correct, not many people will want to join. But just like your quote of the great businessman Mark Cuban said, you only have to be right once. And all I have to do is find the right group of people to join the club, once.

Anyway, all the best mate! I really hope you do find your group.

Thank you.

P.S: Read the book 'The Millionaire Fastlane ', it'll open your eyes to the meaning of time and freedom.

I will strongly consider it.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Yay!! Another "member" i'm putting on ignore. Yes, i'm doing so in a mockingly, facetious manner.

The reasons: Look below.

45XPIOm.gif

mW9iXDG.gif

J

JoinMyMLM!

You are going to have a x100 times better response by explaining how it works up front. Thats just basic sales.

True, but basic sales, at least SOMETIMES...won't allow you to just spill all of your beans to the consumer at one time.

Sometimes we like a surprise in life and other times we want clear details. This is a time when people want clear information.

I did give clear information. But I didn't give ALL the information. You simply want MORE information, and I am saying show up to the meeting, and you will get it.

The people you are likely looking to connect with value their time greatly.

The time that they spend on here, they can spend at the meeting.

By maintaining this "mystery" you are pissing them off.

I am getting pissed, too.

Add in low posts

In homicides, the vast majority of victims were killed by people they "knew", or trusted. So in other words, it doesn't matter how many posts I have, or don't have. If you are the victim of a scam, does it matter how many posts had made prior? No, it doesn't.

no knowledge of the book this forum is based on

I didn't know that this forum was based on a book. I really didn't.

and many other red flags

There isn't any red flags. I am legitimately looking for people to join a very elaborate business club that I am creating...and I've done/said NOTHING to warrant the kind of slack that I am getting. I can completely understand how people can be a little apprehensive by asking questions about me and what I am doing. That is understandable. But there is nothing that I personally said (in essence) to warrant a red flag, ESPECIALLY if I am maintaining that there is absolutely no money required whatsoever to join or remain a member. After you take the money out of the equation, there is really nothing left for you to worry about.

you would probably want to start offering up some more details.

I think I provided enough information. If you want more, you have to do more. Show up.

Unless of course its is a scam which is what everyone is already thinking.

I've never heard of a scam where there wasn't a monetary element to the scam. Have you?

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
bs.jpg
True, but basic sales, at least SOMETIMES...won't allow you to just spill all of your beans to the consumer at one time.

If this is just a friendly business club, how come members are referred to as "consumers"????

Just an initial "meet and greet", for starters.

I can say that this club is to help grow "a" business, in general. Now, whether or not this business is mines, or others...that is a different story. But again, that will be what make this business club special. This business club will not be about self interest, but, rather group interest.

Oh...I see.

The funny thing about people that speak the way you do (in crazy-making circles, trying to make the listener think they either misinterpreted you or falsely assumed ill intent) is that eventually they tip their hand...as you did here.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I didn't know that this forum was based on a book. I really didn't.
Get a copy of the book, read it, and report back.

Most of the forum members here have read it. You might have better luck with getting club members here AFTER reading it.

If you read it by next weekend, I'll consider talking with you more about the club.

I think the first three chapters are available for free (don't have the link, I'm in my phone right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!