The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction – Brazilian lawyer and law professor

Lwyrd

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 22, 2017
Curitiba, Brazil
Hello, this is my first post in the Fastlane Forum. I am currently reading The Millionaire Fastlane and wanted to submit an idea for community input.
Thank you first of all to @MJ DeMarco for writing the book and creating the Forum. It's been a great learning experience, and I'm excited for great changes in my life and lifestyle.
I am 31 years old, married, no kids, and have been a practicing criminal lawyer in Brazil for almost 10 years. I currently am a partner at my small law firm, and I am the head of criminal litigation. It's a good living, but nowhere near a Fastlane enterprise. Ever since graduation, I have always been interested in academia, an am finishing a PH.D. degree at my alma mater, where I also teach criminal law and procedure (it's common for successful lawyers to teach at prestigious law schools).
I come from a family of slowlaners, and for the most part I've been on the sidewalk, spending most of my earnings to keep up with the lifestyle of a successful attorney.
Is it possible to make my law firm into a Fastlane business? I believe I am following Need, Entry and Control (at least regrading my area), but lacking in Scale and Time. I am proud of my career, and preferably, I would like to continuing doing what I'm doing, but I am open minded.
I would like to know how to best use the Fastlane Forum. I have a few business ideas I would like to discuss, but don't know if I can simply post a new thread asking for input. Is it common to receive replies?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Bem vindo!

I would look into the creation of an info-product and see if you could build your expertise into one.

As most people on the forum will tell you - ideas don't matter, execution does.

If you think you have a good idea, don't come to us asking what we think of it unless you're looking for direct feedback in one area or another. Rather - go find your (potential) customers and ask them!

Spend less time making ideas, spend more time finding problems.

Adure

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is it possible to make my law firm into a Fastlane business?

Do you need to? Are you happy doing what your doing? And the path it is leading?

I got the impression you were satisfied with your life path. In the end, we all have to what keeps (or makes) us happy.

Lwyrd

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 22, 2017
Curitiba, Brazil
Do you need to? Are you happy doing what your doing? And the path it is leading?

I got the impression you were satisfied with your life path. In the end, we all have to what keeps (or makes) us happy.
Hi @MJ DeMarco thanks for your reply!
That's the thing, I love what I do. I believe it's a professional calling. However, I'm working too many hours and nowhere near financial freedom. In fact, one think that drew me to TFLF was seeing my friend's father continuing to work at their law firm well into his 70's because he simply couldn't afford to retire. That's why I'm seeking new opportunities in tandem with my legal activity (which I don't plan to abandon).
As I posted in another thread, there is an interesting business venture I've been invited to, which is a graduate legal course (my country has a big market for this type of product), and as for the product, we're pretty much set. It's a one year program with national and international professors, and it should be a hit. We're still building the product, but the board is already thinking of marketing strategies. It doesn't completely check all the Fastlane commandment boxes (I'm not in full control), but if the product sells as well as we expect, it could seriously increase my income to reach my business system target, allowing me to plant a money tree seedling (I don't expect to retire on this venture alone).
I am proud of my life path, but I want more. Reading TMF got me to leave the sidewalk, but I don't simply want to wind up on the slowlane...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Sometimes the best Fastlane idea is to take successful business ideas from other countries and to implement them in your country using your local and national knowledge....

Obviously it won't be a copy and paste execution, but that is where the Control, Entry, and Need come into play from the five commandments of a Fastlane business - CENTS.

Control, Entry, Need, Time, Scale

Check out the Samwer brothers: www.wired.co.uk/article/inside-the-clone-factory

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...