The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing Myself

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Hi all,

my name's Nic, and I'm 32 years old. I'd like to tell you a couple of the juicy details about my life. Around the age of 19, I developed a vocal cord disorder that has been affecting my speech ever since. It has been a challenge (to use a light term) to relate to people. I've used this as an excuse to not do certain things in my life (mostly things related to business and romance) because people are constantly giving me funny looks when they hear me talk, so I started hiding my voice. But, something MJ wrote in his book has been very uplifting.

To paraphrase, he wrote that it doesn't matter who you are, what you perceive to be wrong with yourself, or what your education or race is. If you develop a product or service that fills a need, the market will respond. This has been incredibly inspiring for me because I've always viewed myself as being at a disadvantage due to my vocal cord issue. Frankly, that doesn't matter. I've often felt hopeless about finding lucrative work because communicating is such a challenge for me, but, these words inspire me to think beyond my challenge and into the realm of how I can serve others. To use the Unscripted analogy, if the person who creates a cure for cancer has a speech issue, people will still buy the cure for cancer. The market doesn't care how tall a person is, what their gender is, if they have a vocal cord issue, or another disability...if a product or service is created that meets a need, the market will respond.

MJ's books have made the dormant hope within me come alive, and I'm interested in the process of developing a product that can truly have a positive impact upon the lives of other people. Thanks for getting to know me, and I look forward to going deeper. -Nic

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
You should read Scott Adams' book, "How To Fail at Everything and Still Win Big" - he talks about his struggle with developing a vocal chord disorder and how he was able to overcome it.

Obviously not sure if you have the same problem, but it might help you reset your mental game around this issue.

Gigi Rodgers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
May 30, 2017
Shanghai, China
That's a beautiful narrative.

You can definitely put in the work to better your speech. Though - in all (selfish) honesty, I hope you learn sign language.
I think it is one of the most BEAUTIFUL languages out there, that is under appreciated. There is something about the person who will look you in your eyes, in silence, while they sign - that's honest.
I love it!
I can't wait to learn myself.

Anyways, with tools like Slack to communicate, and the rise of remote working, you don't have to talk if you don't want to.
Build up your speech on your own time, privately.

And as far as building a product or service: Listen to THIS podcast episode. Try not to cry. Be grateful. Get shit done.
Welcome to the forum! :D

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
You should read Scott Adams' book, "How To Fail at Everything and Still Win Big" - he talks about his struggle with developing a vocal chord disorder and how he was able to overcome it.

Obviously not sure if you have the same problem, but it might help you reset your mental game around this issue.
Actually, his issue is very similar to mine. It's basically the same thing with a different name. I will check this book out.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
That's a beautiful narrative.

You can definitely put in the work to better your speech. Though - in all (selfish) honesty, I hope you learn sign language.
I think it is one of the most BEAUTIFUL languages out there, that is under appreciated. There is something about the person who will look you in your eyes, in silence, while they sign - that's honest.
I love it!
I can't wait to learn myself.

Anyways, with tools like Slack to communicate, and the rise of remote working, you don't have to talk if you don't want to.
Build up your speech on your own time, privately.

And as far as building a product or service: Listen to THIS podcast episode. Try not to cry. Be grateful. Get shit done.
Welcome to the forum! :D

When are you going to begin learning sign language? It sounds like you have a strong interest in it!

I began the podcast- it's pretty interesting! Thank you for sharing it. -Nic

GastonEE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 16, 2017
Estonia
I've started to learn the sign language some time ago and it's quite challenging but very interesting.

Gigi Rodgers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
May 30, 2017
Shanghai, China
When are you going to begin learning sign language? It sounds like you have a strong interest in it!

I began the podcast- it's pretty interesting! Thank you for sharing it. -Nic

Sign language is down in the list. I first have to learn Chinese first. You know...since I live in China at the moment. Ha!
And you began a podcast? NICE!
You got this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...