The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro

Jericho90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 2, 2020
Toronto, Ontario
Hey guys and girls,

I'll keep it not so short and not so sweet and maybe even vent a little.
I'm from a Canadian military family so I grew up moving around Canada and Germany for the first 15 years of my life.
After High School in Canada, I got into sales because the military definitely wasn't for me and my family couldn't co-sign for student loans to go to university so that was not an option. Knowing this, I slacked in High School and got into the bad habit of endless TV and video games. I was a moron and still am in many ways.

After sales, I got into the trades at 22 doing granite installation and fabrication. I got injured in a work accident doing that at 25 after working my way up to the lead installer for the company. After two years of physio and depression I decided to go back to school. I listened to a family friend who is a Power Plant Operator (Power Engineer in Canada) and got into that field. While in school I met my now wife who finished her second bachelors degree at the time. She took a year off for health issues while I was finishing up my program.
The wife got into U of T for her masters for the 2019 to 2020 year, so I took whatever job I could in Toronto in order to hopefully in some way advance my career and pay the bills. Sadly it was a job at a hospital as an Building Operator hoping to get into the hospitals Power Plant once they have an opening.

Now I'm 29 and during the year so far, I developed health issues that have forced me to find a transition out of shift work. To top it off, as a Building Operator, I have to go into patient rooms whenever there is an issue involving the building or any of its systems. This includes Covid patients. I am in a high risk group due to my health issues, so the stress from that is compounding. My wife is also high risk due to her also having serious health issues and bringing Covid home would most likely kill her. My employer does not care. At all.

I never want to work for another person or company in my life after how I am being treated. I saw someone on YouTube mention unscripted and I immediately bought and read it. Then I bought fastlane. I have no Idea what I will do or where. We'll see where in Canada the wife gets a job with the pandemic. All that I know, is that I will do whatever it takes to secure a future that doesn't jeopardize my health and allows the wife and I to retire when our health inevitably forces it years ahead of plan.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Well the good news is that you already have sales skills and that's the most important thing you need in business.
Nothing happens until a sale is made.
Sorry to read your misfortunes, it's good you vented to get it out & behind you.
Spend some time reading around the forum, lots of information that may lead you to what you're looking for.
Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...