The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro

mr-future

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 2, 2023
Per guidelines here is my intro. I was a proud slowlaner FIRE guy until I started TMF (not finished yet). I make $250k/yr, love the money, but imagining 30 more years of corporate middle-management is bleak. The intrinsic value is also volatile given the market in my industry.

I always dreamed of starting my own business and always admired people who did so. I always dismissed this dream as being too risky and time consuming. Now, I am so nauseated by my profession that I am willing to risk and sacrifice my time.

I used to try really hard at my job. Now I think I can try less hard (nobody will notice) and use spare time to learn business basics and form a strategy for escaping the rat race. We have no debt (including house) and spouse is about to take a $75k/yr job, so we might be able to live on that while I try to get the money trees planted.

At this point, I will start by reading some crucial books that can help me learn fundamentals and build the strategy, starting with finishing TMF by @MJ DeMarco . Also on my list:

Unscripted by MJ
The 4 Hour Workweek
The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman
$100 Start Up

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Per guidelines here is my intro. I was a proud slowlaner FIRE guy until I started TMF (not finished yet). I make $250k/yr, love the money, but imagining 30 more years of corporate middle-management is bleak. The intrinsic value is also volatile given the market in my industry.

I always dreamed of starting my own business and always admired people who did so. I always dismissed this dream as being too risky and time consuming. Now, I am so nauseated by my profession that I am willing to risk and sacrifice my time.

I used to try really hard at my job. Now I think I can try less hard (nobody will notice) and use spare time to learn business basics and form a strategy for escaping the rat race. We have no debt (including house) and spouse is about to take a $75k/yr job, so we might be able to live on that while I try to get the money trees planted.

At this point, I will start by reading some crucial books that can help me learn fundamentals and build the strategy, starting with finishing TMF by @MJ DeMarco . Also on my list:

Unscripted by MJ
The 4 Hour Workweek
The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman
$100 Start Up
Welcome to the forum mr-future!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content