The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro From Calgary Canada

Alfiero

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 22, 2019
Calgary Canada
Hi All!

My name is Alfiero, I'm 32 from Calgary Canada. I'd like to start by thanking @MJ DeMarco for sharing his knowledge and experience. After spending countless hours sifting through the bullshit "gurus" I was relieved to hear the bullshit free teachings of MJ among a select few others like Dan Lok and Dan Pena. I've listened to TMF a couple times and am now listening to Unscripted . TMF was amazing as it clarified quite a few things for me but also validated some thoughts and ideas I already had, and helped me be confident that I am actually working towards getting into the fastlane. So thanks MJ!

I'm a first generation Canadian born and raised to Italian immigrants. I grew up in a strange dichotomy as my father was strong willed, driven and open minded. While my mother was also open minded in some sense and encouraging, she has a very fearful and worrisome scarcity mentality. As I've gotten older I only recently started to realize how this affected my development. While I took after my father in drive and curiosity, I also had an almost crippling, limiting, self doubting mentality. My father worked almost endlessly to give us the life he never had, so while I had enough of him in my life to give me some of his perspective and mentality, my mom did most of the raising. While this helicopter parenting made me fearful and doubtful of myself and the world, with my fathers rebellious side in me, it actually created the environment I needed to become rebellious and rejecting of the status quo overall. Initially this got me in a lot of trouble throughout high school, doing drugs, skipping endlessly, and I began to have my first FTE.

Out of high school, my friends and I having a strong distrust of the school system, and frankly just being sick of school in general, decided to take some time before applying to post secondary and try out the work force.
For a couple years we worked trades and dead end jobs, spending everything we made on drinking and chasing girls. By 21 my dad got cancer, this gave me a serious wake up call, and made me realize the value of the time we have in life. After my dad finally passed, I actually began to live two paths simultaneously. On one hand I began drinking and doing more stupid shit to deal with my feelings, but on the other hand a fire awakened inside of me to take my life by the balls and do something significant with my life.

So after a period of depression, sulking and loathing. I decided to finally make a "career choice". I got into bartending because I have a lot of family in the hospitality industry and always had a glorified view of bar and club ownership. I worked my way up the ranks and by 26 had decided I knew enough and worked for enough successful idiots to take a shot at it myself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...