• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

INTRO Intro and transmuting lead to gold... figuratively ;)

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Rabby, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Rabby

Rabby Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,861
    Howdy folks,

This is my first time in the forum, so I figured I should post an intro.

I really like "process" so I learned to turn around businesses that aren't doing well. I think of it like alchemy, transmuting something of lesser value to something of greater value.

I'm working on getting better at starting from scratch, and on scale.

I helped my employer when I worked for a mid-sized insurance agency, making tools for business retention and automation while running their IT department -and- selling and servicing commercial insurance accounts. As an employee, I went above and beyond at every opportunity. That was the best "learning job" anyone could ask for (this was in my 20s).

After that I turned around a different insurance agency and sold it, along with a book of commercial accounts I had developed.

Then I took over a family business that needed help, a school. I changed the business model to easy online ordering and online classes, and automated. That business provides for me and my household.

In between those, and during college, I usually freelanced. I published some iPhone apps of my own and also made an "app builder" that made a guy a lot of money (but not so much me). None of these things made me rich, but I gained technical skills and business experience. Plus, I ate.

My first attempt at business was when I was 17 or 18. I made really good swords and medieval armor, but between the market for usable hand-forged swords, and my business experience at that time, it wasn't much of a business. Its descendant still survives as a microbusiness, under a different name and ownership. That counts for something right?

So at some point I heard about "passive income." This was not something anyone I knew talked about. Reading TMF in 2011 would have saved me a few years. It took an eclectic mix of books, seminars, and conferences across multiple industries before I really "got it."

I got the passive income part right. Now that I've read TMF and Unscripted, I can see that I have basically ignored scale. So that's my next project.

With my current business, I have an income that supports my family and allows for travel (some of it legitimately pre-tax) and non-locality. That leaves time and resources and freedom for developing new things.

I've really enjoyed reading the progress threads and stories here. I look forward to getting to know the generous and interesting people here.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.