The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro and transmuting lead to gold... figuratively ;)

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Howdy folks,

This is my first time in the forum, so I figured I should post an intro.

I really like "process" so I learned to turn around businesses that aren't doing well. I think of it like alchemy, transmuting something of lesser value to something of greater value.

I'm working on getting better at starting from scratch, and on scale.

I helped my employer when I worked for a mid-sized insurance agency, making tools for business retention and automation while running their IT department -and- selling and servicing commercial insurance accounts. As an employee, I went above and beyond at every opportunity. That was the best "learning job" anyone could ask for (this was in my 20s).

After that I turned around a different insurance agency and sold it, along with a book of commercial accounts I had developed.

Then I took over a family business that needed help, a school. I changed the business model to easy online ordering and online classes, and automated. That business provides for me and my household.

In between those, and during college, I usually freelanced. I published some iPhone apps of my own and also made an "app builder" that made a guy a lot of money (but not so much me). None of these things made me rich, but I gained technical skills and business experience. Plus, I ate.

My first attempt at business was when I was 17 or 18. I made really good swords and medieval armor, but between the market for usable hand-forged swords, and my business experience at that time, it wasn't much of a business. Its descendant still survives as a microbusiness, under a different name and ownership. That counts for something right?

So at some point I heard about "passive income." This was not something anyone I knew talked about. Reading TMF in 2011 would have saved me a few years. It took an eclectic mix of books, seminars, and conferences across multiple industries before I really "got it."

I got the passive income part right. Now that I've read TMF and Unscripted , I can see that I have basically ignored scale. So that's my next project.

With my current business, I have an income that supports my family and allows for travel (some of it legitimately pre-tax) and non-locality. That leaves time and resources and freedom for developing new things.

I've really enjoyed reading the progress threads and stories here. I look forward to getting to know the generous and interesting people here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...