The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Interview: Highest Paid Mafia Boss Tells the Inside Truth About Mob Life

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Valuetainment is a pretty cool channel for Entrepreneurs. I listened to this interview a little bit back then realized this would be a good place to share it. Micheal Franzese was one of the wealthiest mob bosses in the US. He was making 6-8 million per week, but also stated "I don't know anyone in this life whose family and personal life wasn't completely devastated. And I mean, not minor stuff... it left the whole family completely in shambles." I think there are a lot of valuable lessons about trying to cut corners and be dishonest and the consequences of that. If you're not creating value, karma (or the police, or society or whatever you want to call it) will catch up to you.

Fascinating interview:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-yqm9H_Sg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
You know what's really interesting- how well he was able to parlay his story into a lucrative consulting, speaking and author brand completely legitimately.

I've read some of his books, and am very familiar with his background. He is incredibly intelligent and seems to be a big picture, outside the box type thinker who is capable of connecting dots that a lot of people are unable to see. A lot of his very fast rise in his illegitimate career is a direct result of his fathers tremendous influence, but his sharp intellect definitely raised his ceiling beyond that.

He embellishes quite a lot about past events, his significance and greatly downplays the extent of his involvement in violence. He has a tendency to over dramatize and draw parallels with the mob stereotypes/caricatures which detracts a bit from overall presentation I find.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
how is this guy still alive to talk about this stuff, just can't trust this stuff.
"I was a badass illegal mob boss, now lemme tell all about it CAPICHE!!!"
ill take the video with a massive grain of salt.

Nothing ever happened to Ford Coppola for making godfather cause its meaningless.
I've heard of one writer who wrote bout the mob, hes dead now.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
how is this guy still alive to talk about this stuff, just can't trust this stuff.

"I was a badass illegal mob boss, now lemme tell all about it CAPICHE!!!"
He explained all that in the interview. Not many people wanted him dead, and anyone who even would have wanted to harm him is now dead or serving life terms. I mean it's 2019. The Italian mob isn't even a thing anymore.

But it's definitely not fake. Micheal Franzese was a well known mob boss who was prosecuted by Giuliani. It was all over the news back in the day. He served his terms, got out, and got away from the life. He's only admitting to crimes that he's already gone to jail for, becasue he obviously doesn't want to face further prosecution having been out of that life for decades.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Not sure how was he a mob BOSS? I think he became capo in 1980 or so, had a biiiiig crew (even up to 500 associates), but he was never an official "boss". Maybe it's cleared up in the video (don't have time to check it now, just wanted to be a smart a$$ :D )?
He made a lot of scharole though.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
He explained all that in the interview. Not many people wanted him dead, and anyone who even would have wanted to harm him is now dead or serving life terms. I mean it's 2019. The Italian mob isn't even a thing anymore.

But it's definitely not fake. Micheal Franzese was a well known mob boss who was prosecuted by Giuliani. It was all over the news back in the day. He served his terms, got out, and got away from the life. He's only admitting to crimes that he's already gone to jail for, becasue he obviously doesn't want to face further prosecution having been out of that life for decades.

maybe hes the one who got away lol

ill bet the italian mob is very much a thing though, just learned their lesson and staying low.

EDIT:
the interview seems legit though for wat it's worth.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
ill bet the italian mob is very much a thing though, just learned their lesson and staying low.
You're right. In this day and age with technology you can't afford to be loud.

You know what's really interesting- how well he was able to parlay his story into a lucrative consulting, speaking and author brand completely legitimately.

I've read some of his books, and am very familiar with his background. He is incredibly intelligent and seems to be a big picture, outside the box type thinker who is capable of connecting dots that a lot of people are unable to see. A lot of his very fast rise in his illegitimate career is a direct result of his fathers tremendous influence, but his sharp intellect definitely raised his ceiling beyond that.

He embellishes quite a lot about past events, his significance and greatly downplays the extent of his involvement in violence. He has a tendency to over dramatize and draw parallels with the mob stereotypes/caricatures which detracts a bit from overall presentation I find.
He certainly puffs up his position. And I too find the mob stereotypes and movie references annoying. Like the story is interesting enough to stand on it's own two legs. You don't have to pretend to be Micheal Corleone. But then again, this could also be part of the genius branding.

I think he downplays certain things because technically they could still go after him. Micheal should really have a lawyer with him at all times though for him to watch what he says. You have no idea what you're gonna say that could connect you to stuff from 35 years ago.

Re: socks.. he probably took his shoes off at the door, so as to not wear his shoes in someones home.. it's an italian thing lol

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland
Re: socks.. he probably took his shoes off at the door, so as to not wear his shoes in someones home.. it's an italian thing lol

It’s funny how different cultures there are regarding having shoes on inside a home. If I’m about to leave my house and forget something and go and get it with my shoes on I feel a little bit guilty for walking with shoes on in my own home lol

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Most heroin and cocaine that's found in the USA goes through various mafias and mobs. iirc, the italian mafia was big on heroin and pizza places were a standard front. Probably still is pretty involved, you never just stop such things. Notice movies never talk about the mafia and drug money, curious isn't it.

andrewsyc

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 14, 2017
Iowa
While I enjoy some of the Valuetainment videos, these are glorifying criminals. Whatever.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
While I enjoy some of the Valuetainment videos, these are glorifying criminals. Whatever.
That's one thing I noticed too. Patrick has this massive boner for mob bosses and criminals. There's a lot of legitimate content, but there's also too many interviews with Mafia hitmen.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.