The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Internet Marketing Book Recomendation?

Marketing, social media, advertising

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Hi Everyone, I have comprehensively read the forums and am looking for a good resource on internet marketing - sales funnels, e-mail marketing, content marketing, etc.

I have found plenty of resources about social media marketing but can't find anything about the higher-level chain of internet marketing.

I am trying to put the whole picture together to form the digital marketing plan for my product and want to make sure I am using the correct mediums.

Any book recommendations?

Thanks,
MG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just make sure you know *who* you're trying to help, *what* you're trying to help them with, and *why* they need that help. (All the best questions start with "w".). Don't get so hung up on "how", and comprehensive plans etc.

I've no idea if you've made sales yet. If not, consider selling to people who already know, like, and trust you first, before selling to people who don't know you.

Again, I could be teaching you to suck eggs, but it sounds a little like you're about to spend a long time learning from books rather than learning from launching.

Maybe just pick a channel and go?

Work out email marketing when you get email addresses? I've sold an online course and still not setup any email marketing service for it - I email everyone by hand.

I'd consider starting with Google AdWords (make sure you start with the people searching with a credit card in hand), and Facebook (such an incredible marketing channel). Which of these to start with depends on what you're selling. I'd look at both of these, even just to discount them initially.

For IM resources:

Check out the link in @eliquid 's signature.

I'm part-way through Russell Brunson's book "Dot Com Secrets" which I quite like. His strategy is to work out WHO your market is, WHERE to find them (or be found by them), what bait will entice them, and then where you want to take them.

Check out my thread "The Online Buying Lifecycle".

Hope this all helps.

EDIT: I changed your thread title to help you get more input.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Hi Everyone, I have comprehensively read the forums and am looking for a good resource on internet marketing - sales funnels, e-mail marketing, content marketing, etc.

I have found plenty of resources about social media marketing but can't find anything about the higher-level chain of internet marketing.

I am trying to put the whole picture together to form the digital marketing plan for my product and want to make sure I am using the correct mediums.

Any book recommendations?

Thanks,
MG

Not read it yet-but I hear Jab Jab Jab, right hook is good.
Also listen to gary vee on youtube

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Check out my thread "The Online Buying Lifecycle".

1. That is exactly what I'm looking for...in a picture! :)
  2. I will take your advice and move forward with Facebook and Instagram marketing
  3. Will also read Dot Com secrets
I have a technical and engineering background so this whole world is new to me. I tend to look at specifications and if something works or not using hard data. In a sense, I used to think marketing is BS, but I am learning that it isn't. There are so many ways to frame your product and express how it could help people...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
  1. That is exactly what I'm looking for...in a picture! :)
  2. I will take your advice and move forward with Facebook and Instagram marketing
  3. Will also read Dot Com secrets
I have a technical and engineering background so this whole world is new to me. I tend to look at specifications and if something works or not using hard data. In a sense, I used to think marketing is BS, but I am learning that it isn't. There are so many ways to frame your product and express how it could help people...
My degree was Maths and I was in IT for 15 years, most of it as a Database Administrator. I likely think similarly to yourself.

You might like some of my threads in the Andy's AdWords Posts linked to in my signature.

In particular:

Last edited by a moderator:

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
My degree was Maths and I was in IT for 15 years, most of it as a Database Administrator. I likely think similarly to yourself.

You might like some of my threads in the Andy's AdWords Posts linked to in my signature.

In particular:

Thanks Andy, sometimes when we say "Fill a need" in TFL community, my head needs to do a double take, because I can live like a Spartan and not really need much myself.

We don't "need" organic gluten free cookies, but people are able to make a profit by selling them. That is the beauty of marketing - clever marketing can shift people's wants into needs.

I will check out your posts for sure. I wish I didn't have to sleep, there is so much gold in these forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
80-20 sales and marketing by perry marshall (this creates a fundamental way of thinking about marketing)

Thanks for the book suggestion, and a reminder that someone made $6 million dollars by selling a pet rock in the 1970s. :)

MG

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.