The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Interesting Little Nugget from MMM

Anything related to matters of the mind

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Greetings!

I know it's pretty popular here to trash the blog MrMoneyMustache from time to time, but I recently found this little nugget in a blog post from March 22, 2012.

"But the Rich people know that the thing money is most useful for is making more money for you automatically. A rich person never wants to spend money that they actually earned through work. They prefer to wait until their money starts printing more of itself – and that is the cash they spend."

Sounds familiar...like planting a money tree.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
I know it's pretty popular here to trash the blog MrMoneyMustache from time to time, but I recently found this little nugget in a blog post from March 22, 2012.

"But the Rich people know that the thing money is most useful for is making more money for you automatically. A rich person never wants to spend money that they actually earned through work. They prefer to wait until their money starts printing more of itself – and that is the cash they spend."

MMM is great, and is what started me on the fastlane path that I'm on now.

What he preaches is very different from most shitty mainstream financial advice.

Step 1. Get high paying 6-figure job.
Step 2. Save 70%+ of the income for 7-10 years until investment income covers expenses.
Step 3. Retire and have the time and freedom to create a lifestyle that isn't poor, just efficient and not wasteful. (i.e. you aren't working, so you can afford to do that re-hab project yourself for less than half the cost of paying someone else to do it).
Step 4 - optional: You're no longer working, so your hobbies or side projects might end up making money anyways, thereby improving your lifestyle further.

In a perfect world, a business would get you to financial freedom faster than 7-10 years. But in reality, I think the path is a lot more zig zag for most of us, and that when you take into account the failed business ideas, and the ups and downs, it probably takes about the same amount of time.

Of course, a business will give you more wealth and more upside to your lifestyle.

But for some, having complete freedom of time, and living simply, is enough for a completely happy life.

I'm somewhere in between.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Greetings!

Kiyosaki talks about the same. Using the cash generated by your assets to fund any purchases.

Fastlane would agree :)

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
But in reality, I think the path is a lot more zig zag for most of us, and that when you take into account the failed business ideas, and the ups and downs, it probably takes about the same amount of time.
Interesting observation! I'd imagine it's quite close, the biggest variable being the execution of the individual...in either method.

I'm somewhere in between.
I am too. I like living conservatively...and look forward to earning more with my business.

There are as many paths to financial independence as their opinions on it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.