The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

INSTAGRAM - Where do they get it from?!

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Alexander Seery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 7, 2016
England, UK.
Hey guys and girls,

I am starting a new project and I am wondering where do motivational & inspiring IG accounts get there pictures from?

For example: (IG accounts)

millionaire-mentor
millionairenotes
millionaire_visionary
luxbeliefs

I would reallly appreciate the help on this one!

Many thanks,
Alex :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Hey guys and girls,

I am starting a new project and I am wondering where do motivational & inspiring IG accounts get there pictures from?

millionaire-mentor
millionairenotes
millionaire_visionary
luxbeliefs

Many thanks,
They either create them or steal them from other accounts . What programs they use to create i have no clue . i'd probably say Canva

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Ask them, Jason Stone usually responds on snapchat when i ask him stuff... millionaire mentor, i think he owns 2 of those.

Long as you give credit,in the comments to the picture owner they wont care

Alexander Seery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 7, 2016
England, UK.
Thanks guys. The reason I ask is because I want to begin my own IG account doing the same type of thing. So I cant really steal pictures? Can I?

I want to put my own quotes on etc... Build an audience and then drive it through to my website.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Interview with Farokh Sarmad who is behind a lot of these bigger pages (including some you mentioned). Lots of advice for you here. He did 4 years of work before he made a dollar online, now he is one of the biggest "influencers" on IG...

http://themfceo.com/farokh-sarmad-social-media-success-andy-frisella-mfceo68/http://themfceo.com/farokh-sarmad-social-media-success-andy-frisella-mfceo68/

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
Hey guys and girls,

millionaire-mentor
millionairenotes
millionaire_visionary
luxbeliefs

Many thanks,

Stock image photo sites.

Depositphotos <------ AppSumo currently has a deal for this one at http://www.appsumo.com/depositphotos-2016/
StockUnlimited
iStockPhoto
GraphicImages
TONS more

Here's a blog post of 21 free image sites: https://bootstrapbay.com/blog/free-stock-photos/

www.getstencil.com is a SUPER easy program you can use to click any image you see on the internet, add words to it, then save it for use on instagram

BUT, if your business model involves motivational instagrams, I'd rethink life.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Use free applications to make them (Typorama, Canva, Adobe Spark)
Take them from other Instagram users
Take them from websites
Google Images
Pinterest
Make in Photoshop

Literally anywhere.

Oh and when you start making money, you pay someone to make the images for you so they're on brand.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Pixabay - I use it for all my free pic requirement. Since I know photoshop I have my templates for different styles.
Typeroma is a great app for iOS. And there are many other apps.

Google is your friend.

PS: Search for Nathan Chan Instagram and you will find a ton of gold.

Alexander Seery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 7, 2016
England, UK.
Wow. Thanks for the input guys! Really appreciate it!

The reason why i am starting an IG account, as well as twitter, Snapchat Youtube, FB etc... Is to build an audience in the field that I am passionate about. Which is Personal Development. Social media will be my main marketing tools and will hopefully drive traffic to my website, (as well as the content I create) so later I can monetise.

Thanks again :)
Alex

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
build an audience in the field that I am passionate about. Which is Personal Development.

oof

honestly, best of luck to you, but god damn you're going to compete with every ding dong out there with a motivational IG just trying to get likes.

Likes don't pay the bills.

Why not find a problem all your customer niche share and solve that? For example, was your background? Do you have any skills that intersect with your desired customer's needs?

Their need for someone to follow on their instagram is pretty much taken care of already unless you can come up with something unique that they are getting from you that they can't get from someone else.

If you are trying to position yourself as an expert that can help them build their businesses, what experience in building businesses do you have that can help your customers? If you are trying to teach them to become millionaires, they're going to want to know why you have a million likes and not a million dollars.

I hope I'm not being a jerk. I just want to poke some holes in your idea to give you something to think about. I once met a guy who asked me for help in starting his business. I asked what his business was... "To have the rawest and realest tweets." No shit. I just want to help you avoid those mistakes.

If you want to make money from IG, it can be done, but reach out to someone who has done it and find out how long it took them to monetize (4 years is something I heard), what they did to monetize, what they are selling, etc. Truly, it would be easier to buy a lawnmower, mow one lawn every Sunday for 4 years and you'll probably already be making way more than a novelty IG account would make you. Why? Because mowing a lawn solves a need someone has that is worth more than the need for a new IG to follow.

Great idea with great execution -> Google, PayPal, Uber, etc
Good idea with great execution -> The local car dealership that everyone thinks of first when they need a car
Good idea with so-so execution -> The local car dealership that everyone goes to second. The owner isn't a billionaire, but he's still rich.
Bad idea with perfect execution -> nothing. even with perfect execution, you can't make money from nothing.

rbhf001

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 15, 2016
You can search on pixabay, there are some nice pics and some of them are free for commercial use with no attribution required...

SmittyMcdougal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Aug 29, 2015
oof

honestly, best of luck to you, but god damn you're going to compete with every ding dong out there with a motivational IG just trying to get likes.

Why not find a problem all your customer niche share and solve that? For example, was your background? Do you have any skills that intersect with your desired customer's needs?

Their need for someone to follow on their instagram is pretty much taken care of already unless you can come up with something unique that they are getting from you that they can't get from someone else.

If you are trying to position yourself as an expert that can help them build their businesses, what experience in building businesses do you have that can help your customers? If you are trying to teach them to become millionaires, they're going to want to know why you have a million likes and not a million dollars.

I hope I'm not being a jerk. I just want to poke some holes in your idea to give you something to think about. I once met a guy who asked me for help in starting his business. I asked what his business was... "To have the rawest and realest tweets." No shit. I just want to help you avoid those mistakes.

If you want to make money from IG, it can be done, but reach out to someone who has done it and find out how long it took them to monetize (4 years is something I heard), what they did to monetize, what they are selling, etc. Truly, it would be easier to buy a lawnmower, mow one lawn every Sunday for 4 years and you'll probably already be making way more than a novelty IG account would make you. Why? Because mowing a lawn solves a need someone has that is worth more than the need for a new IG to follow.

Good idea with great execution -> The local car dealership that everyone thinks of first when they need a car
Good idea with so-so execution -> The local car dealership that everyone goes to second. The owner isn't a billionaire, but he's still rich.
Bad idea with perfect execution -> nothing. even with perfect execution, you can't make money from nothing.

Actually, likes can pay bills if you can become big enough with a broad enough audience. I went to school with a girl who makes 4k per post through affiliate marketing on instagram. Of course she has millions of followers

jman15

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 29, 2016
Colorado Springs
Wow. Thanks for the input guys! Really appreciate it!

The reason why i am starting an IG account, as well as twitter, Snapchat Youtube, FB etc... Is to build an audience in the field that I am passionate about. Which is Personal Development. Social media will be my main marketing tools and will hopefully drive traffic to my website, (as well as the content I create) so later I can monetise.

Thanks again :)
Alex
I know Jason Stone from Millionaire Mentor uses Phonto for creating quick and easy pictures, then he has someone create the more high quality ones on Photoshop

Alexander Seery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 7, 2016
England, UK.
oof

Hey man.

I am not necessarily wanting to be monetise IG. I am going to use IG, FB, Twitter, SC and Youtube as marketing tools. To funnel traffic to my website.

My site will be based around motivation, business, inspiration, entrepreneurship, personal development etc.

Why would the listen to me? - I have achieved financial independence from property investing at the age of 25. BUT it is not fulfilling to me. Hence why i am working on something I love which is Personal development, motivation, business, inspiration, entrepreneurship etc.

The site will provide content, via blogs & videos. Then moving on to podcasts and also sections like an 'Ask Alex' section, 'books' section etc.

I am in no rush to monetise and will wait until I feel it is right to do so. I want to build an audience and community first.

Eventually I will also like to become a speaker.

Hope this brings some clarity. It is my passion and yeah others may be doing it, but that should not stop me from doing it.

Thanks for the advice though, Its appreciated.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX

Many steal them, I would not recommend that but they don't seem to get in trouble.

For mine(https://www.instagram.com/foreverjobless/) we either get them from 'stock free image' sites or whatever you call them, we buy packages to places with a lot of images, and occasionally my assistant designs stuff.

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
go to google images
and search for your term.. for example BIG TRUCKS
now look at the search bar and click ''search tools''
fb51e1e0f7484166b9bc57f936d20ed2.png

Then Usage Rights, Labeled for Reuse.
97db6f6eb35e4a05a9c9d34808e55c9e.png

PRESTO! All the pictures you need, with no copyright issues.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.