The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth
G

GuestA4319

My own tool helps companies launch, track and manage their affiliate program. I have this idea to expand my tool and create an affiliate marketplace to allow instagram influencers pick products from brands and promote them through an automatically generated landing page(so no more setup with hosting, wordpress, plugins, etc) which will be linked on their instagram accounts bio.

Those of you running multiple Instagram accounts, what do you think about this idea? Something worth exploring?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
My own tool helps companies launch, track and manage their affiliate program. I have this idea to expand my tool and create an affiliate marketplace to allow instagram influencers pick products from brands and promote them through an automatically generated landing page(so no more setup with hosting, wordpress, plugins, etc) which will be linked on their instagram accounts bio.

Those of you running multiple Instagram accounts, what do you think about this idea? Something worth exploring?

I think this is a really smart idea. I've spent a lot of time working with influencers putting together deals, but recently have started to advise them to move more towards affiliate relationships. It's so much less restrictive in what they can and can't say, especially when reviewing them and in the long term can be a lot more profitable.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
The way to win on Instagram now is to have exceptional content and be engaging with the people who can really make a difference by liking and engaging with me.
It takes me 3-4 hours to make a 10-15 second special effects clip. Sometimes it blows up, sometimes nothing. But when it's good, people with big accounts repost and it brings more traffic. The only way I try to "game the system" is through a DM group. We notify each other when we upload, then we comment on each other's post. It's only my 3rd week so I have much to learn

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Nope! I threw in the towel to some extent. Instagram is still great if you are trying to promote your business, however, the game has changed. All but FollowLiker has essentially shut down and now FollowLiker is requiring a monthly payment, which I will not support.
Anyways, I'm in talks with someone to buy my main account and using that money along with other saved money for some other venture. Definitely not the sort of return that is worth the time I spent, but I learned a lot from my year and a half adventure with Instagram and my main account.

Kinda mad about the monthly payment as well. I have 3 accounts and it seems like a huge waste of time now. Reach Blows, you have to get on the explore page pretty much. The good thing though is that my accounts are actually growing organically now without follow/unfollow. I thought my followliker was running for several weeks because I kept getting new follows, turns out something happened with my VPN and it wasn't even running for that time period. Pretty dope. I don't know if I should cancel followliker though, because I paid for the full program and couple months in they bring in monthly payments. Feel like I didn't get my money's worth...

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
It takes me 3-4 hours to make a 10-15 second special effects clip. Sometimes it blows up, sometimes nothing. But when it's good, people with big accounts repost and it brings more traffic. The only way I try to "game the system" is through a DM group. We notify each other when we upload, then we comment on each other's post. It's only my 3rd week so I have much to learn

Only some accounts have influence though. There were big accounts, and I paid for powerlikes. Dumbest money I have thrown away. Even though his accounts were big, they had zero influence or power. Asked for a refund, and dude ran... I learned from this that repost accounts, I am assuming Insta can recognize this, have no power at all. Its the individual influencers that produce their OWN content. A big verified individual account liked one of my pics and instantly went viral

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Only some accounts have influence though. There were big accounts, and I paid for powerlikes. Dumbest money I have thrown away. Even though his accounts were big, they had zero influence or power. Asked for a refund, and dude ran... I learned from this that repost accounts, I am assuming Insta can recognize this, have no power at all. Its the individual influencers that produce their OWN content. A big verified individual account liked one of my pics and instantly went viral
I'm not paying ppl to repost, they do it without asking, which I encourage them! Do you use instagram as your main marketing platform?

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
I'm not paying ppl to repost, they do it without asking, which I encourage them! Do you use instagram as your main marketing platform?

I'm not paying people to repost either. I just tried to pay large accounts for engagement, assuming their accounts had influence, but it was a waste. Do you build your own content or are you a repost account? A lot of my products are still in development stage, so I am just building niche pages. But yeah, I am planning to use insta as main platform

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
I'm not paying people to repost either. I just tried to pay large accounts for engagement, assuming their accounts had influence, but it was a waste. Do you build your own content or are you a repost account? A lot of my products are still in development stage, so I am just building niche pages. But yeah, I am planning to use insta as main platform
Unique content -- as in, I edit and add effects to short clips. My main strategy is to start with slow targeted growth and then get big shoutouts. I love my niche, so I'm playing the long game.

Clairvoyance1991

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Aug 24, 2017
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tell me if I am pushing the limit, I'm using a instagram bot on 1 account. It's a very very very old account.

I am botting for about 7 days now non stop. 8000 likes on pictures, 3000 people followed. Got 683 followers at this moment. Why am I not getting banned? The settings are all on "fast".

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
Why are you so opposed to paying monthly for a service that makes you money?

And being all blackhat and gaming the system is not feasible for long term wealth production. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been landfilled yet.

LokoVibre

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 31, 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
Hey guys,

Been lurking here for ages, ex-military, I started with internet marketing 4 years ago, dabbled in some things, some failed(see my first thread) and some have worked (dental marketing, affiliate marketing).

Took breaks here and there but I knew to never stop.

But in the last year I've come to learn a lot about Instagram and growing accounts.

I currently run about 40+ accounts in different niches and creating new ones daily/weekly.

I have my own personal Instagram bot and in the last year I’ve amassed over 4 million+ followers spread out over my accounts.

I also lost a lot of big accounts(200-300k) at the early-mid stages of my Instagram journey.. due to testing how much you can push daily actions on Instagram (likes, comments, follow/unfollow, proxies, etc).

There is some serious money to be made on Instagram, I’ve already crossed into the 6 figures in profit this year promoting affiliate/cpa offers.

And to be honest that’s the most money I’ve ever made in my life but I’m not stopping here, we are all here for the fastlane!

Now I want to go about creating my own brands/ecommerce/offers.

So in a way to give back to the community, I thought I would help with any Instagram related questions.

And also is anyone else in here marketing Instagram succesfully?

*Pro Tip: If you guys are not on the Snapchat band wagon yet, you guys are definitely missing out! A huge percentage of my earnings came from Snapchat this year as well! The engagement on Snapchat is amazing. A large percentage of your followers will really do what you ask them to do(more so than instagram), whether it be go to this domain or follow this person etc. Snapchat is HUGE.
I started my own brand, Tails Casual Outfitters (surfing and fishing lifestyle brand). Instagram accounted for the majority of my direct sales. I recently stopped that to start my own Instagram marketing platform because I know the power of IG's service. You can check it out for free at <link removed by mod>. $40 a month gets you follow/unfollow targeted marketing, scheduling/automation, and management for up to 5 accounts, if you need more to fit your business I can offer bulk discounts. Definitely check out the platform and let me know what you think, I am trying to get it in the hands of as many IG marketers as I can. Alternatively, I am also working on a way to place your social media directly in the middle of your target market and competition with my leads generator. For example, if you are a real estate agent in orlando, You can search "real estate in orlando" and the results will give you up to 500 names, websites, addresses, and phone numbers as well as their social media accounts so you can start grinding away on the sales. Hope this reaches you and helps out!

LokoVibre

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 31, 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
Need some advice on Follow Liker

What are the proper steps to only like pictures of other specific accounts followers?

Would I only need to do the following in settings?

- check boxes for Scrape User, Scrape Photo and Like on Task Selection
- On Scrape User Settings : Query- @useraccount Query type - Users Followers
- Scrape Photo Settings : scrape 100 photos - Scrape hashtags

Is this correct? Or would I be fine just leaving the scrape photo settings blank in hashtags?

Thanks for any help!
Check out my program at <link removed by mod> - schedule, manage, and automate your Instagram posting. I knock out a months worth of posts in 30 minutes now that I've created this program and am letting others try it for a week, free of charge. In addition, you can auto follow by hashtag, location, or username like you were looking for! Let me know if you have any other suggestions!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Check out my program at <link removed by mod> - schedule, manage, and automate your Instagram posting. I knock out a months worth of posts in 30 minutes now that I've created this program and am letting others try it for a week, free of charge. In addition, you can auto follow by hashtag, location, or username like you were looking for! Let me know if you have any other suggestions!
Hey @LokoVibre ... welcome to the forum. Hope you take off your coat and stay a while.

Forum rules are to not post links that promote your products.

You'd do better by helping people and getting known as "The XYZ Guy" first anyway. Make it a goal so people tag you when someone has a question, or people PM you out of the blue.

This forum is a great place to find people who you can help, and who can also help you.

You might find these threads helpful:

mobonobo

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 27, 2014
London
Hey guys, I've read through this entire post but noticed a lot of the tips were written back in 2015.

Quick question: Is FollowLiker still worth using? I don't mind paying for it, just not sure how good it is and if there are any other tools I should consider?

Also, what number of followers should I expect with a minimum of 3 posts a day and including relevant hashtags? I started a few weeks ago, so I'm not expecting a lot yet, but keen to learn from others experiences!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hey guys, I've read through this entire post but noticed a lot of the tips were written back in 2015.
Quick question: Is FollowLiker still worth using? I don't mind paying for it, just not sure how good it is and if there are any other tools I should consider?
Also, what number of followers should I expect with a minimum of 3 posts a day and including relevant hashtags? I started a few weeks ago, so I'm not expecting a lot yet, but keen to learn from others experiences!

FollowLiker is a bot service right? Similar to MassPlanner, Archie and Instagress which were all shut down by IG this year. I wouldn't risk it though. These *might* get your IG account banned especially if IG decides to come down really hard on folks who use bot services.

I used to try Instagress for a few weeks but it didn't do much for me.

Despite what "experts" say, I personally feel 3 posts a day is too much. For me, I do about 1 post every alternate day.
Currently at 4k followers after 6 months, which is very tiny for an active account, but hey, at least > 95% of my followers are real and an increasing (but small) number are tagging me in their photos. ;)

Just to clarify, my IG account is a repost account where I repost pics related to my business and niche, currently trying to build a community around it first.

Later this year, I will run giveaways to boost my follower count.

Alex165

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Nov 14, 2017
Paris

Hey!

My account is growing anywhere from 1100 to 1700 each months:

3 posts a day is a lot, 3 posts a week is a good number for example due to the algorithm.
Finding an engagement group is useful to get extra comments and likes and boost your visibility on the algorithm.
Pictures of yourself get more likes, don't hide. For example my girfriend would take a pic of me working or working out, much better than selfies or mirror pics.
Make great caption related to what you market (yourself or product), stories are great, got a lot of engagement with those.
Use 30 hashtags, always under 500 000 users so you get at the top of suggestions for the niche you target.
Don't use the same hashtags everytime, the algorithm will punish you.

well the list is long but let's say: create great content right?

Note that I use a service to follow/unfollow that stays below the radar of suspicious activity.

Use the story! Big one.
Ups the trust in the brand, be consistent.
Use the location setting to 10x your views.
On a bad day I get 100 views for each post I make.
On a good day? 10x it.

Once you reach the sacred number of 10K a new World opens up: you can post links in your story - dope? Absolutely to drive traffic

Much more to say but I just think I overdelivered, hope you find some value mostly related to your desire of growing the account.

Peace.

Sheps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Oct 10, 2015
UK
I guess it depends on your niche but 3 posts a week seems too few. I would say if you're only posting 3 actual pic/video posts a week you need to be engaging with your story, whether posting old content or challenges/giveaways etc or your day to day but there has to be more than 3 pieces of content on your page a week.

Imo. Take it for what it's worth.

Sometimes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 7, 2018
Israel
Hi i have few questions, would appreciate if someone can help.

1.I use follows assistant, when to run unfollow?when i reach 7k or it should be running together?
2.if ill run it together how to set it up?
How many follow/hour and how many unfollow?
3.how to set up the follow target in the luxury travel niche? Hashtags or big account names?
4.how to download from Pinterest /tumbler ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 2, 2018
Lisbon
Is there any app that unfollow 60 people an hour automatically like when im sleeping? And also is there any app that follow people automatically that liked some picture recently of other page? Per example if i have a page about fitness, is there any app that goes to other large page about fitness (that i choose) and follow people that are active and like pictures of that page every hour like when im sleeping?

Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.