• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Ask Me Anything Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by JimD, Sep 6, 2015.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. RahKnee

RahKnee Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $264
    For people selling a physical product, what percent of your sales come through instagram? When i post new pics, they get tons of likes, and moderate website traffic, but zero sales from those visits. Is that normal?

2. toxicrain

toxicrain Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $247
    The real money made here is by those selling FollowLiker, everyone else is just chasing a slow ban ;)

3. VDon

VDon Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $256
    Imo those are completely worthless accounts. Stolen motivational pics, content you can find a million times on Instagram.

Just like the make money with Forex/Bitcoin and whatnot sketchy business model...

JacobBW likes this.
  4. toxicrain

toxicrain Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $247
    Hi JimD,

Did you see a slowdown in snapchat views after Instagram introduced stories feature? Are you still actively growing your snapchat audience?

5. Jake Studebaker

Jake Studebaker New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $103
    Hey man, I'm about to start my first business and I have a ton of social media experience (I'm 16) but nothing business wise. Do you have any tips or clues on what I could do to take my time on social media, and make it for business? I have picked a niche and a target market, I know what they want, I just don't know how to reach them. Any help?

6. JayTGold

JayTGold New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $77
    Need some advice on Follow Liker

What are the proper steps to only like pictures of other specific accounts followers?

Would I only need to do the following in settings?

- check boxes for Scrape User, Scrape Photo and Like on Task Selection
    - On Scrape User Settings : Query- @useraccount Query type - Users Followers
    - Scrape Photo Settings : scrape 100 photos - Scrape hashtags

Is this correct? Or would I be fine just leaving the scrape photo settings blank in hashtags?

Thanks for any help!

7. Mikkel

Mikkel Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    @JayTGold - If I read your question correctly, check out my video in my sig. Should answer your question.

If not, let me know!

JayTGold likes this.
  8. Huracan

Huracan New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $97
    does anyone know if you can target a specific niche and location at the same time? For example i only want to target people within my niche from the UK. I know that you can do them separately.

quanttastic likes this.
  9. DanVasiljevs

DanVasiljevs Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $313
    Hey dude! I run a social media marketing company.

I found main thing to get clients is to give them tips for free - send them out free digital presence evaluations/digital audits and connect with them on LinkedIn. Helped me a lot. The whole goal is to help them FIRST, then get a meeting with them in person. In the in-person meeting, make sure to prepare a personalized digital marketing plan which will clearly show their path to more $$$ and more revenue. Once you've done all this, they'll most likely close either at the meeting or the week after in a phone call.

All the best with your endeavour, it's a great business.

Mikkel likes this.
  10. PaulRobert

PaulRobert Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,172
    Bump...

Instagress has been forced to shutdown today by Instagram...

Expect more crackdowns on IG bots in the near future.

11. Mikkel

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    This could be a massive game changer. Interested how things will play out. Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

12. RazorCut

RazorCut Student of Life Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,880
    This is what happens when you ignore @MJ DeMarco commandment of control.

13. Mikkel

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    I don't think anyone should be solely relying on Instagress or any automated service to drive their business. At best, Instagram should be used as another platform to advertise. The soul fact that Instagram can ban your account because they want to should prove that no one should rely solely on any one platform.

If they do target other automated bots, which will be hard to do since others are offline services, then people will find new ways to grow.

I know I'm not very worried. I guess there will be more to talk about in the future though about Instagram growth.

quanttastic and jasoncuellar123 like this.
  14. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $212,590
    Admin Post
    Hasn't Instagram declined in its value to promote products?

Kinda like Facebook pages are now essentially worthless unless you want to pay to have your posts boosted?

Rickchise23 and Morethan1 like this.
  15. MrBlue

MrBlue PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Hello my name is Zycco aka Mr Blue.

I popped up and seemed very interesting to me as i have two accounts. On Instagram i have my personal account that i follow people like and comment and all that jazz.

Then i have my newly started brand Figure Blueprint which is a passionate brand all about finding people who are passionate and filming them and getting them to showcase their passion.

On this account i only follow people i work with.

But for anyone who shows support i then then follow them on my personal account and vice versa.

Its been such a slow process of getting more followers and likes on my personal account and im afraid if it's taking that long with my personal one then my brand one will take even longer.

My aim is to have 100k my end of the year so i can start making money off instagram and reach a wider audience.

16. RazorCut

RazorCut Student of Life Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,880
    You misunderstood me. When I said ignore the commandment of control I meant Instagress, not Instagram users. Instagress built their castle on the sands. With that foundation it was only a matter of time before the tide came in and washed those foundations away.

A fundamental law of business is NEVER have all your eggs in one basket. It's why I think the current 'in thing' of building a business selling own branded goods through Amazon is flawed. Even if Amazon doesn't shut you down you are playing constant ping-pong with the competition in a never ending spiral of customer acquisition through trying to own the Buy Button. Play that game and see your margins shrivel. Also if you do well with a product not only do you set yourself up as a target from other sellers, Amazon themselves will source that product directly and cut you out of the equation. I have had direct personal experience of this.

It's why the smart people like @AllenCrawley have built their own sites so successfully that they have surpassed their Amazon sales. They have the foresight to see the dangers lurking just around the corner.

PaulRobert, Mikkel and AllenCrawley like this.
  17. PaulRobert

PaulRobert Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,172
    Yes and no. I think IG users have become accustomed to ads on IG and it hasn't deterred them from using the app. The big thing that I have noticed though is that your ads on IG better be on point or the comment section will be flame central for your product or biz.

Use highly edited pics or ones that are aesthetically pleasing. I've seen local businesses in the area (lets saying plumbing service) use absolute shit images of their dirty truck and copy that is atrocious. The comments: "I wouldn't even consider using this service with such a crappy ad."

This big thing here is definitely the law of Control. People that solely relied on IG as a source of income using Instagress or other bots are scrambling to figure out the next move. Your IG and other social media accounts should just be another extension of outreach for your brand.

But you know it's easier to sign up for an account and pay for a bot than actually WORK on building a brand.

Huracan, Sheps and AllenCrawley like this.
  18. Morethan1

Morethan1 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $877
    It all depends. I'm using IG bots to automate what I would normally do myself (for another business I'm running, NOT my physical product).

It seems that this type of conservative approach is still bringing in interested followers. I get the occasional spam accounts but it's been providing good results.

19. v0lume4

v0lume4 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $71
    I've read the first few and last few pages of this thread. I've been pondering how Instagram (and therefore the Instagram marketing game) has changed since this thread was created (nearly) two years ago.

If you're being honest, does anyone feel that growing your Instagram account via bots (automatic liking, following, commenting, etc.) is still an effective method today, in 2017? I ask because I get random likes and comments on my photos on my personal Instagram account almost daily, yet I know that these likes and comments aren't "real" -- they are driven by bots. The same with followers -- I seem to get new followers every day, but my follower number never goes up. Why? Because I am being followed/unfollowed by bots.

I hardly ever view the random accounts liking and commenting on my photos because I know what's going on. BUT, perhaps I'm not the average user. Does the average user know what's going on? Has the average user developed a keen eye for these types of practices?

nicotini and James Fend like this.
  20. Mikkel

Rep Bank:
    $2,936

I think there is a good portion of people on both sides of the isle, knowing and not.

However, I think the more important question is whether Instagram knows, and if so, does it affect us. I think the answer is yes.
    *Cue the removal of Instagress*
    Instagram has always had its bots as well as it's organic accounts. For a while, I don't think Instagram knew how to take care of this botting problem, so those with bots succeed. I think organic growth is now tipping in favor.

I'm working on a brand new account, completely bot free, and will see if I can share what I learn, however, I think it would be wise for people to start learning how to properly grow an Instagram account.

*I have been using FollowLiker for a year and a half now. I'm starting to see major changes in engagement(downward.) I don't think it is because I am slacking, but rather Instagram is limiting my exposure because it knows I bot.*

LinorCG likes this.
  21. andreafromaustin

andreafromaustin PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1

I was just having the same problem and I think I figured it out! Go to File >General >Settings then change the automation interval from 3-5 minutes to 3-5 seconds, or whatever you want it to be on!

For liking lists from Telegram Rounds, I would keep it with just "Scrape Photo = checked" AND "Like = checked", and on the next page, "Scrape Photo Limit = 1", "Scrape Only Top Results = checked".

22. Maxboost

Maxboost Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $256
    Is there a step by step guide you recommend for beginners? A book? any resources to share? I don't want to waste anyone's time here asking stupid questions.Thanks.

23. Huracan

Huracan New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $97
    A lot of people have been talking about getting "shadow banned" on hashtags. Still not sure whether this is something Instagram is doing purposely or whether it's a glitch.

Am i right in thinking that you only use the liking method and you've been getting limited exposure? Also do you think how many times a day you post (use a certain hashtags) effects this.

24. v0lume4

v0lume4 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $71
    Interesting. I'm very interested in hearing your progress going forward. The social media game is the one thing that I just haven't been able to crack.

I have a friend that bought and grew a Twitter account from ~less than one thousand followers (something around that number range) to over 80k quite quickly. Like, less than a year if I remember correctly. All organic, too. So I think there's something to be said for putting in the time and gathering followers with authentic interaction.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Sheps and Rickchise23 like this.
  25. MakeMoreMoves

MakeMoreMoves Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $503
    Just started building an Instagram page 4 days ago. Realized I should have been doing this years ago. Building an Instagram page in my niche, but not the business name. I realized that if I immediately try to grow my business page directly, it comes off as salesly. So the page I'm building is just a generic niche page and with this page, I will promote my business.

Sucks that Facebook has literally no organic reach and that you have to do some sort of giveaway/contest to even get any engagement on your ads for a physical product unless it is a sham wow product that could be demonstrated well in video.

Got a temporary ban by follow/unfollow yesterday :/

Invictus, Sheps and jasoncuellar123 like this.