The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Insider Call] How to Kick a$$ with Facebook Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
So, I noticed there hasn't been any INSIDERS calls recently, and I feel like I can (finally) offer enough value to do one. So here goes.

Background:
I launched a new company and new product 6 months ago. I've been utilizing Facebook ads almost exclusively to grow my business. My business grew in October exponentially, using JUST Facebook ads. I've spent quite a bit of money figuring what NOT to do, and have spent a lot of money on winning ads.

I know the exact plan to Scale, and the only thing holding me back right now is production. As it is, I can't personally produce enough of these things to scale, which is a problem I'm working on resolving this week. I spent about $4,000 in Facebook ads last month, and once I can scale I plan on spending 3x-5x that amount (or more). Seriously, I'm hitting maybe about 1/75 of my Market.

So I want to help you guys out, who have a product (or are looking for one), and are new to Facebook. My goal is to cut your learning curve down, so you can avoid screwing around for 3 months not making any money like I did.

This will be a Webinar type call, and I'm planning for about 45 minutes and the opening it up for questions. The call is scheduled for Friday, November 29, at 1:00 PM Arizona Time.

Please use this thread to ask me your most important Facebook advertising questions. Hopefully I can incorporate all or most of them into the call. Also, I'd like to hear how familiar you guys are with Facebook ads so I can adjust the presentation accordingly.

Can't wait to give back. I've gotten so much from this community, it's my turn to help you guys out. Let's roll.

Link to the recorded call: http://www.filedropper.com/insidercall-fbmarketing

Some Assumptions before the call:
You have your own product/business and you want to sell on Facebook

You are familiar with the basics: landing pages, etc. etc.:

CTR – Click through rate
CPC – Cost Per Click
CPM – Cost Per Thousand Impressions
CR – Conversion Rate
Reach – Number of people who saw your ad
Frequency – The number of times your ad was shown to the same person
Website Clicks (Unique to FB) – Clicks to lander/website as opposed to click to your FB Page (more on this later)
Analytics Tracking – If you run an online business you should already be familiar with this stuff. Basically, you’ll want to tag your Facebook campaigns ex: www.mysite.com/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=my-campaign
Landing Page – The page your ad links to (should not be your home page, generic page, etc.)

Here are the details for attending this INSIDERS Call/Webinar:

Date and Time: Friday, November 29, 2013 at 1:00pm MST
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

The webinar is limited to 50 attendees. [first come, first served]

Visit the link below to attend the webinar:

[Insider Call] How to Kick A$$ with Facebook Marketing - Webinar link

You will be greeted with the following screen:

View attachment 5161

Choose your audio preference.

Follow the on screen directions.

System Requirements:

Operating System:
Windows XP and later, including Windows 8 *
Mac 10.6 Snow Leopard and later
Linux - various installations

*MeetingBurner is compatible with Windows 8 on Internet Explorer 10. However, to either run or attend a meeting, you will need to be in Desktop View rather than the new Modern View, as this interferes with some of the software required to attend a meeting. In order to switch to Desktop View, please open Internet Explorer 10 and right-click on any blank area on the website. This will pull up a toolbar at the bottom that shows the website’s URL and a series of buttons. Please click on the wrench icon; this will provide you with the option to "View on the desktop". By selecting this, your browser will enable you to use the full features of your MeetingBurner service.

Supported web browsers:
IE 8+
Firefox
Safari 5+
Chrome

Meetingburner offers a free mobile app that will enable Apple's iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad users to connect to meetings, all from the convenience of their Apple device! Just search for "MeetingBurner" in iTunes, install the free app, and then connect to the meeting with the meeting-specific iOS meeting ID, which is GD2QBMGB for this call. For Android users, no special app is necessary. The meeting can be launched from the same link that would be used for desktop participants.

Link to the recorded call: http://www.filedropper.com/insidercall-fbmarketing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

sethnejame

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 24, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Looking forward to it. Although I am still awaiting completion of my motorcycle gadget prototype, I am still keeping my eyes peeled for potential needs in the market where a good product would flourish.

rkmalo1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 14, 2012
Chicago
I am def in for this! I have zero experience first hand with FB ads but I watched a webinar a while ago, so I get the basics.

Looking forward to it.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Lets roll!

I need to get into adsense and facebook advertising as I'm launching a product/brand. My main problem is that my "local" market is small (Portugal) so I need to expand marketing efforts to Europe.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I'm ALL in ! My market is serious FB users and it's a big part of my marketing plan.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Ok so I added it up...spent $7,500 in ads the last 3 months. To some that's NOTHING, to some that's a lot. Hoping to hit 3x that Spend soon.

Here's a teaser to a couple ads I just launched. :)

teaser1.jpgteaser2.jpgteaser3.jpg

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
JasonR, definitely in for this, but I want to confirm that the call is on Friday November the 29th? Trying to put some reminders in my digital calendars to make sure I remember the call time and everything.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Friday November the 29th

Ah - you are correct. I'll change my original post. Thanks.

Not sure about it being recorded or not. I'll think about it. If it is recoreded, I would prefer it not be shared outside of the INSIDERS. :)

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
Awesome! Thanks for doing this.

I am most interested in how you manage your testing before you start pumping out the ads.

Thanks.

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
Ah - you are correct. I'll change my original post. Thanks.

Not sure about it being recorded or not. I'll think about it. If it is recoreded, I would prefer it not be shared outside of the INSIDERS. :)

Good deal I just didn't want to show up a day late if it happened to be on Thursday the 28th. I've had plenty of times I've switched dates in my head so glad I could be of some assistance.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I see a lot of value in a call on this subject. Can't wait.

JudoTom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Sep 3, 2013
Scranton PA
Very awesome of you to volunteer and do this call!

I have had a very up/down relationship w/ facebook ads so I KNOW I am missing something or doing something wrong :(

BUT I am not sure if I could make that call. I would really appreciate it either being recorded or for some detailed notes and I would pay up if necessary.

A dropbox w/ the notes or a group of password protected pdfs could be something very valuable if we as a community continue to add to it...

M

M&N

Count me in Jason. I'd love to learn more about technical aspects (bidding, estimated reach, cpc vs cpm, when to switch things, etc).
I guess your product is B2C? Do you think fb ads can give good results for B2B products?

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Thanks a lot for the call. I'm definitely in. Interested to see how you grew out the ads.

On a side note, for anyone in the USA that is the day after Thanksgiving just as a heads up.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
On a side note, for anyone in the USA that is the day after Thanksgiving just as a heads up.

Yes, Black Friday. I'll be selling stuff all day at a farmers market, but I'm hoping that I can make the call.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I recommend recording it. if you want to post it later you can. but at least YOU have the recording.

Good call. I will definitely record it.

Keep posting questions. I'll write them down and be sure to cover as many as I can on the call.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome, looking forward to it. Ill update the calendar.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Thank you for doing this, Jason. I know absolutely nothing about Facebook ads, so I'm really looking forward to this call.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.