The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inquiries not leading to sales

Marketing, social media, advertising

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
I sell instrumentals (licenses) to rappers.

I have 190+ beats available to choose from on my website with instant downloads after payment.

I’m assuming my marketing is working because they like, comment, share, follow me & hit my DM about my product on social media. I want all the DM’s so I can close.

Once they reach out, I reply within seconds. I take control of the conversation & ask questions so I know what hell they need & want.

After I know what they need, I lay out the price & ask for their business. They say yes.

Here’s where the problem comes in.

After they agree to do business, I send them to my website to pick which instrumentals they want so we can proceed further. They turn to ghosts after this.

Is there something that I could do differently in that last process that will actually get the sale?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I sell instrumentals to rappers.

I’m assuming my marketing is working because they like, comment, share, follow me & hit my DM about my product. I want all the DM’s so I can close.

Once they reach out, I reply within seconds. I take control of the conversation & ask questions so I know what hell they need & want.

After I know what they need, I lay out the price & ask for their business. They say yes.

After they agree to do business, I send them to my website to pick which instrumentals they want so we can proceed further. They turn to ghosts after this.

Is there something that I could do differently in that last process that will actually get the sale?

memphis, tennessee huh? give me some of that 8ball mjG all day low crunk type southern beats baby! that is a good model; especially since the rap game has changed TREMENDOUSLY over the past five years; its all about the Beats now because nobody knows what these new rappers are mumbling about lol;

I would suggest a good site with your sample beats (good site not wordpress per se but the best you can $$ afford) and also a fee to lock them in maybe 50-100$ just to solidify their skin in it. this will seperate the wannabe rappers from the "hustle and flow" artists that really want to make it

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

With the process you just described, going to your website and picking something is the first part of the process that requires "work" from your client.

Everything up to that point was easy talk - what do you do, how much does it cost, etc...

You're asking them now to invest time in coming to a decision, and that's always where things fall apart. Maybe you have too many options. Maybe the site isn't as clean as it could be. Maybe your clients want YOU to figure it out for them. Maybe what you offer isn't what they expected.

Have you tried an onboarding process yet? This is HUGE in understanding where your problems are.

Next time you get a "hot" client, get them on the phone and give them the login and password (or whatever), screen share their screen, and talk them through the first use. See how they react. Answer their questions. Show them how it works. You'll see exactly where you lose them and will have a great idea of how to fix it.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I sell instrumentals (licenses) to rappers.

I have 190+ beats available to choose from on my website with instant downloads after payment.

I’m assuming my marketing is working because they like, comment, share, follow me & hit my DM about my product on social media. I want all the DM’s so I can close.

Your asking them to do the work there paying you for.. they don't know, that's your job to give them what they don't know how to select for themselves. Also you should be doing alot of free work at this stage so you can build a name for yourself.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
They could be overwhelmed with the work they need to do and time they need to take picking one. Maybe you could chat with them on the phone to get an idea of what they want, and offer them three choices handpicked by you. Then the work is done for them, and the choice is limited to three options. And you can stay in control of the sales process through the sale.

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Next time you get a "hot" client, get them on the phone and give them the login and password (or whatever), screen share their screen, and talk them through the first use. See how they react. Answer their questions. Show them how it works. You'll see exactly where you lose them and will have a great idea of how to fix it.
Gonna do this with the live chat on my site. Next time I have to send someone to my site...im gonna tell them know to chat with me so I can walk them through the process.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
After a talk like that with a prospective client, we send them a link with their product selected and all they have to do is hit the button to purchase and put in their cc info. Make it easy.

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
After a talk like that with a prospective client, we send them a link with their product selected and all they have to do is hit the button to purchase and put in their cc info. Make it easy.
My site has a share cart feature that I love that makes it easy as pie for the customer to pay. But I have to know the product the customer wants before I can load the cart. This is where the inquiry gets lost because they turn to ghost.

If I pick for them & load the cart without them choosing what they want...it would be like going to a shoe store & the sales guy picking my shoes & bringing me to the checkout before I ever saw what the hell he picked. Not gonna work well.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Every large store I go into (likes suits, cars, etc) sends a salesperson over to make suggestions.
Every site I go on with large selections pops up a chat box to help me make a selection.
Go on Amazon, are 'suggested items' not on the screen?
Too many choices equal no choice.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
And just like anything in your funnel / sales process. Try it!!

Ask @MJ DeMarco about pop ups.

If you are losing customers at some point in your process, try whatever it takes to fix that!!

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
And just like anything in your funnel / sales process. Try it!!

Ask @MJ DeMarco about pop ups.

If you are losing customers at some point in your process, try whatever it takes to fix that!!
I’m trying everything I can find. I think I found my problem though. I’m advertising my website with 190+ selection...when I should be advertising one beat at a time.

I’m so close to figuring this shit out...I can taste it.

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Having my best sales month & the month isnt over yet. Theres still some things I can improve to sell more.

Would anyone recommend sending paid traffic directly to checkout for the specific product being advertised?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.