The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Innovation: Developing Technologies that don't exist?

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

DeletedUser0287

Forgive me if this comes off as someone looking for a shortcut.

I have wasted a lot of time on low barrier to entry businesses. I fell for the "just take action". Ended up losing a lot of money and time.

So I will only start a business that is a Productocracy from now on.

Businesses that I have seen are Productocracy seem to have a clear competitive advantage and what seems like developing a technology that never existed. The products are remarkable. I am not talking about just making one modification on an Amazon product either. I have seen people do that and in less than a month every other competitor has that modification. The product is worth so little that it wasn't even worth patenting it seems.

I am having lots of trouble how people just create things that never existed. Research and Development is obviously very expensive in money and time, but I would rather pay in R&D, patent and have a monopoly on that product than having an everyone product and trying to out bid the other same competitor for a penny.

Example:
There is this T-shirt company I saw that produced technology where it doesn't stain. There entire business is based on this technology based on all their ads. Take that away and they are a complete commodity. A method I see others doing is just licensing technology from other textile companies whose sole purpose is just developing these technologies. I don't like this route either to be honest, because the TRUE fastlaner is the company that developed the technology. Since other companies can also license the technology in their products, you don't really have a monopoly.

Using this example, how does an average dude create this? I first broke down the subject matter I needed to study. It seems like Polymer Science and studying hydrophobic interactions, studying technologies like Teflon, Gore-Tex, etc. But other than that...I'm kinda lost.

I'm not sure if this is the right way. Methods where I can bring my vision to life is pretty much mechanical engineering because all it really is is looking at age old mechanism and combining them together and tweaking the mechanism to work how you want it to. This is possible to me.

That is just one example though. If anyone has been looking at Kickstarters lately. A lot of successful ones are backpacks. I like to take a broad look at the problem though and not focus solely on the product. The problem is carrying an amount of goods too much for your hands in an efficient matter. In my vision, instead of limiting myself to physical backpacks. Why don't I just create a technology to digitize physical goods and transport them through the net? Or create a transport portal. Yah guys know what I mean right. If this stuff is possible, then it is a PRODUCTOCRACY.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
I am having lots of trouble how people just create things that never existed.

From my studies it's from the following:
  • Being on the front line. Only if your understanding of a particular niche is: (a) comprehensive, and (b) up to date are you going to be able to push beyond that front line
  • Being keenly analytical and interrogating of demand / need patterns. These people are not google searching or asking questions on forums (the laziest form of research that exists; basically false research). They're talking to people. They're going to significant effort to talk to people and get the most live demand data they can.
  • Finance. Bootstrapping will never have the odds of success as a financed startup, because time is of the essence, and money accelerates everything. The only guy I ever heard of who got serious rich in business without financing was the POF guy -- which was mostly luck (he made that site just for a portfolio item when he was looking for a job).
  • Wisdom. The higher your intelligence, knowledge, ability to think laterally etc the higher the chance you'll come up with a good solution rapidly enough to win.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Using this example, how does an average dude create this?

I'm not sure if this is the right way. Methods where I can bring my vision to life is pretty much mechanical engineering because all it really is is looking at age old mechanism and combining them together and tweaking the mechanism to work how you want it to. This is possible to me.

Why don't I just create a technology to digitize physical goods and transport them through the net? Or create a transport portal. Yah guys know what I mean right. If this stuff is possible, then it is a PRODUCTOCRACY.

Sell house and then buy company inventing the technology, or use the money to pay for researchers. As to digital transport of physical goods. Well the Heisenberg principle, our current understanding of physics says that's impossible,although selling instructions for 3D printers comes close. Check out Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects. There are too few really at the moment for this to make sense.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.