The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Increased My Hourly Price ----> Daily Interview Invitations + I need help regarding mindset

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hey!

As some of you may know I have been doing some copywriting gigs on Upwork (Not the best place but made some money), I got really bored of writing copy and decided to change my profile completely to marketing consultant. I set up my price to 35 dollars hourly and changed my profile to fit someone who does marketing (I am quite a noob on Marketing, more on that later). Didnt get any job. I stopped paying attention to upwork for a bit and one month later I decided to see what happened if I double my hourly fee to 70 dollars. And you know what... This happened:
Screenshot_19.jpg

Almost Daily interview invitations to high paying long term gigs.

But you know what... I am stupid, I am scared to follow up. I just accepted the interview and then didnt answer any of their messages. Why? I felt that I didnt have the experience to work for these clients.

1st) If you are not getting leads, maybe increase your price.

2nd) How can I change this mindset? I am lazy to do this and I am scared that I might fail with this "Big" clients. I want to start something on my own. I have started my own ecommerce store, but still its not earning a lot and would like to increase my income to potentially use the money for other ventures.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Wow. I'm impressed. Most people lament about how Upwork is over saturated and here you are with an inbox full of invitations at $70/hr.

You should accept all the ones you feel comfortable with (there have to be a few). If the client isn't happy, then refund the client and keep studying. If you make the client some money and they're happy, then keep accepting jobs until you can't handle all the work, then bump the price up $10 every week.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
But you know what... I am stupid, I am scared to follow up. I just accepted the interview and then didnt answer any of their messages. Why? I felt that I didnt have the experience to work for these clients.

1st) If you are not getting leads, maybe increase your price.

2nd) How can I change this mindset? I am lazy to do this and I am scared that I might fail with this "Big" clients. I want to start something on my own. I have started my own ecommerce store, but still its not earning a lot and would like to increase my income to potentially use the money for other ventures.

If you haven't read this thread, you should. It will take you 5 seconds to get the point. BOL to you.

Rant - "Tell me the exact steps" (OK, here are all 35 of them.)

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India

First off congrats.

Have you seen Tim Urban's TED talk on procastination? If not, here's the link
Inside the mind of a master procrastinator

Why do I mention that since it seems unrelated to your issue. I want you to pay very close attention to the PANIC MONSTER!

The problem you have can be solved by hacking the PANIC MONSTER to your advantage. Here's what you do.

Take ONE job. Answer their questions, give everything you got to take ONE of this large gigs.

Then commit a measurable target to the client. YES commit in Black and WHITE something like I will get you 20 leads by next Monday. The target should be measurable and realistic. NOW, you have set yourself up for a meeting with the PANIC MONSTER.

The first hour, the first day he won't scare you a lot. BUT as the days progress, as time goes on... You have a deadline with the DEVIL. You then have only two options... 1> Swim OR 2> Sink.

DO not underestimate the power of fear. FEAR is a huge motivating factor. And when you will have the fear of a ruined career if you don't do what needs to be done by a set time, you will be amazed at your own abilities!

And again, All the Best! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Austin Ogre

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 2, 2017
Austin, TX
Good for you! I'll share a secret from the slow lane perspective (since I that's where I work now). If you had the expertise to copy write for me I'd recommend you at far more than $70 per hour. Copy writing solves a pain point for you customers and good copywriters are hard to come by.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.