The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MohitT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Oct 5, 2013
I have been helping people invest in websites for almost 8 years now. And the Income Store fiasco will definitely hurt the whole industry in general. It's not easy to sell people on money-making websites, and with this, people are gonna be more skeptical. That's the reason I only prefer to work with people who know about this asset class and are comfortable with the risks involved. To others, I just say no.

In short, here is how we go about it:
  • We require a minimum investment of $50k from investors and once we have a commitment, my team and I go out scouring suitable deals for them. We do have our in house deal flow as well as I have made friends with a lot of people who actively buy and sell sites.
  • We do not give any income guarantee. But what I have seen is that we are able to give a 20-25% annual ROI to our investors, and that's after our management fee.
  • You as the investor, own the asset and we are just a management company.
  • We have an in house team of 10 full-time people, ranging from editors, writers, SEOs, tech people and general managers. We solely do content sites. No SaaS, no e-com.
  • What I have typically seen over the last 7-8 years is that the investors who have invested with us, end up buying more and more sites and building up their portfolio as they get more comfortable with the business model. I think no one (except maybe 1 or 2) has just one site in their portfolio.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to DM me or reply here. Happy to help
:smile:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

What I'm curious to see over the next few weeks is how the current assets will be distributed. Is there a legitimate chance of a firesale and we should line up to acquire Income Store's underperforming assets with some potential? Quote from here:

"The Receiver is presently operating TGC’s business with a minimal staff of IT personnel to preserve the websites and other digital assets. The Receiver will propose a hybrid claims process that permits investors to make a claim for the domain(s)/website(s) “assigned” to them in the Consulting Performance Agreement in exchange for releasing any claim against the Receivership Estate under certain parameters and those investors who do not want their site could participate in a later distribution process from a pool of liquidated assets and recovered funds. The Receiver will make such proposal by separate motion on or before February 28, 2020. This expedited process will permit the Receiver to transfer and/or liquidate the remaining domains/websites in the next 90 to 120 days, preserving the Receivership assets required to maintain the domains and websites."

...And a full list of ALL their domains and active websites (Over 3000 in this case!):

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm bumping this because.. well, maybe you can figure it out.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
7.5 years

That's not why I bumped it (it relates to a similar type of "investment" that was posted here recently that sounds like the Income Store rebooted).

But yea, 7.5 years works too.

Complete with the swarmy smile to guarantee your returns.

1710947029745.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Ok you made me curious.

I read through the titles of all the posts from the last week, and I bet it's this one.

@Tau Ceti - your scam sniffing skills are on point.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.